Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Something seems fishy to me!

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 3 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I just copied and pasted from that place that shall remain nameless.

Data for CT and TN were not available, but they'd be down there in the bottom half with no 5+0 winners. Must be a conspiracy.

OK thanks, JD.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2013, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

You are right ! already know it crooked and knew they would give it away on Tue they were not gonna let it go any higher bunch of BS guess luck won out

Well it's a good thing you knew it was crooked and didn't waste any money buying a ticket.

At least you saved your money.

Right?

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2013, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Oh Lord, here we go again.

Big SmileGreen laugh

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2013, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Well it's a good thing you knew it was crooked and didn't waste any money buying a ticket.

At least you saved your money.

Right?

This is rd perfect logic~~~Have I ever told you, you are my hero???Love! LOL!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2013, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

This is rd perfect logic~~~Have I ever told you, you are my hero???Love! LOL!

Well thank you, Rosie.

I'm beholden to ya...  Big Grin

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: December 20, 2013, 4:53 am - IP Logged

You are wrong!  The lottery officials would have loved for it to have rolled at least one more time if not twice.  They wanted the new record and a possibly of a billion dollar jackpot.  I am sure they were disappointed.

I Agree! Yep, they definitely wanted that roll to a billion dollars real bad. But luck was not on their side.

They had luck on their side on the record JP in 2012, when the 2nd to last draw with $191M in sales rolled. But this time, luck was not on their side, and the most probable thing occurred at the $337M sales mark: 2 winners.

It'll most likely hit a billion JP in 2014. They just need to get lucky on 1 of the few big runs.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
              Member #91
              January 19, 2002
              11924 Posts
              Posted: December 20, 2013, 6:42 am - IP Logged

They should cap it at a billion and roll the ticket sales to the first drawing after the billion is won....Then they could start the next jackpot at about 100 million plus...

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: December 20, 2013, 10:26 am - IP Logged

They should cap it at a billion and roll the ticket sales to the first drawing after the billion is won....Then they could start the next jackpot at about 100 million plus...

I would add, increase the payout for the 4/5!
                The proportion of chance and payout is really science fiction compared to a fair game.
                They also might limit the payout for the jackpot to 400 000 000. The money reserve would be recycled for lower prices.
                We are not in a Roman theater or arena or amphitheatre, last survivor gets money, freedom and glory.
                Another point is to bring up the tax regulation. Make the winnings free of tax.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                  Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: December 20, 2013, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Roman fun

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: December 20, 2013, 11:03 am - IP Logged

No wonder I can't win.

They must put the Tennessee sales in their pocket.

They must put the Tennessee sales in their pocket.

No. You just help all the winners pay their taxes. Thanks for your generous donations. 

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19743 Posts
                      Posted: December 20, 2013, 11:18 am - IP Logged

If something is fishy, then it is the chicken!

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2013, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up Good point. Some people might mistakenly think, "Oh gee, CA and NY have more winners, I need to move there to have a better chance!" Uhhh...nope. No matter where you go, no matter what demographic you are, the odds are the same. Wherever you go, there you are.

This is not quite the same, but almost as bad as, "Oh gee, the Jackpot is really big and I have a better ROI if I play now!" Uhhh...nope. Your chances of winning are still slim to none regarless of the ginormous jackpot, and you can only expect a few cents on the dollar return.

How can I say this politely? Some people have ideas of what makes sense that aren't well supported by reality. There used to be a guy here who thought that if a winner was sold in his state he'd have a better chance for the next jackpot by buying his tickets in a different state, because he figured it was unlikely that the next winner would  be sold in the same state. Even when I  pointed out that  he would have to believe that somebody else could reduce his chances by playing the same numbers in his state he remained convinced that he should play elsewhere.

As for ROI, your chances remain the same, but the risk stays the same as the potential reward increases substantially as the jackpot climbs. I'll guess that even the people who play every single drawing wouldn't play them all if the jackpots started at  $1 million.

United States
                          Member #6570
                          August 28, 2004
                          36 Posts
                          Posted: December 21, 2013, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Didnt anybody notice that the numbers were "Old Matrix" and that the Mega Number was 7, which is a number that hits often?

If you were to rig the New MM Lottery and wanted it to hit on a certain night, wouldnt you make sure the numbers were like this? Its almost gaurenteed that one person who never changed thier numbers after the change and continued using the same numbers would hit it!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #92330
                            June 5, 2010
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: December 21, 2013, 4:53 am - IP Logged

Didnt anybody notice that the numbers were "Old Matrix" and that the Mega Number was 7, which is a number that hits often?

If you were to rig the New MM Lottery and wanted it to hit on a certain night, wouldnt you make sure the numbers were like this? Its almost gaurenteed that one person who never changed thier numbers after the change and continued using the same numbers would hit it!

If they wanted to rig the lottery, they wouldn't need to rely on luck that someone would play the numbers they draw. That's exactly how the lottery is played anyways.

They would just go into their database and pick a random line of numbers that has been played and then have the machine (however they might end up pulling that one off) select those numbers.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: December 21, 2013, 4:59 am - IP Logged

After this latest megamillions drawing and seeing how a couple states had multiple second prize winners of $1,000,000 (Georgia being one of them on top of the jackpot ticket????) and my state Pennsylvania had zero 2nd place winners "again" I think something somewhere is rigged. I used to play a couple of my numbers and a couple qp's. Now I'm just going to play my numbers period.

And how is it the 2nd prize winners (20 this latest drawing and 12 I believe in the last) none of them had a multiplier? Sorry, but it just seems a bit odd to me.

I would love to know if the winner in California had a qp that matched the one in Georgia or did he/she too have his own numbers?

Very interesting PaScratchHead!!!!

Generally when something seems fishy to you, do you first do a "smell" test on your underpants?