Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Something seems fishy to me!

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 3 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2013, 5:12 am - IP Logged

I Agree! Yep, they definitely wanted that roll to a billion dollars real bad. But luck was not on their side.

They had luck on their side on the record JP in 2012, when the 2nd to last draw with $191M in sales rolled. But this time, luck was not on their side, and the most probable thing occurred at the $337M sales mark: 2 winners.

It'll most likely hit a billion JP in 2014. They just need to get lucky on 1 of the few big runs.

I dont think it was not that so much that "LUCK" was not on their side.

But certainly random was not.

It is not likely that a billion dollar jackpot will ever be hit.

The odds that random wil ever win over human ingenuity and human intuition and human observation is rather slim. IMHO.

However rapacious MUSL ultimately decides to be, they have to still not cheat.  Its easy to spot a cheater. 

It would be the end of the all American Super Jackpot Lotteries if they decided to thwart honesty.

Generally, People who adamantly claim cheating cant even usually tie there own shoe.  If they can, then prove me wrong and post their pics of marlin and bass and maybe if you are "lucky" some bluefin on fakebook.

That might explain that "fishyness".

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
    Member #391
    June 8, 2002
    16274 Posts
    Posted: December 21, 2013, 5:19 am - IP Logged

I'm not complaining, I just find it strange/odd as to where the winners are from regarding the second place prize and how those states each received 2 winners each, and even more strange to me is how none of them had a multiplier. Is it me or ?????

Just curious is all, I'm very happy for all the winners.

You have to "Pay" for the multiplier, it does not come automatic! You don't get something for nothing in this game, LOL.

"Don't be a Dummy, Make 'Dat Money"

Mjwinsmith's Blog Page:   http://blogs.lotterypost.com/mjwinsmith/

"How to Play My Pick-4 System": https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/306450

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 21, 2013, 8:52 am - IP Logged

They must put the Tennessee sales in their pocket.

No. You just help all the winners pay their taxes. Thanks for your generous donations. 

You're welcome, glad to help out!  Thumbs Up

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        12009 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2013, 7:09 am - IP Logged

Didnt anybody notice that the numbers were "Old Matrix" and that the Mega Number was 7, which is a number that hits often?

If you were to rig the New MM Lottery and wanted it to hit on a certain night, wouldnt you make sure the numbers were like this? Its almost gaurenteed that one person who never changed thier numbers after the change and continued using the same numbers would hit it!

They only raised it by 19 numbers....so wouldn't the old matrix make up about 80% of the possible combinations?

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3502 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2013, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

They only raised it by 19 numbers....so wouldn't the old matrix make up about 80% of the possible combinations?

The number of combinations isn't a simple linear function of how many numbers you have to choose from Adding those 19 numbers resulted in about 4.52 times as many possible combinations, so only 1/4.52 or 22.1% of the possible combinations can be made using only numbers from the old matrix.

That's only part of the story. Reducing the number of mega balls from 46 to 15  reduced the total number of possible combinations by a factor of 3.067, so the overall change in the number of combinations is about  4.52/3.067 or 1.474 times as many.

There used to be about 68% as many combinations as there are now, but about 1/3 of the combinations that used to be possible don't exist anymore, since there are none that have a mega ball higher than 15.