Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why does Richard Lustig never say how much he had spent to get his wins?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mypiemaster.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2014, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was watching some You Tube interviews with Richard Lustig and he avioided answering questions about how much he has spent to get his lottery wins over the years. He says he plays daily and looks at this as his second job (he runs a talent booking agency that books 70 and 80's bands). It was quite funny seeing him with Cynthia Stafford on a Good Morning America segment when he said to not play quick picks and that you should stick to playing your own numbers and then Cynthia said she won with a quick pick. His theory about picking your own numbers do not make sense to me since he believes that you have a better chance of your numbers coming up someday if you play every single time with those same numbers. The problem I see with playing your own numbers would mean being tied down to feeling like you can never miss playing in case that one time you missed your numbers came up . That's why I play QP's. As far as scratch tickets he said if you can afford it you should buy 10 of the same tickets at a time and that you  will be guaranteed to have about 3 or so wins. I've heard of some people on this board who have had all losing tickets with that method. I still buy one scratcher at a time and if I win will cash out and leave store and if not then will buy one more ticket and leave. I give props to Richard for his wins but do not think his advice is good. The only thing I agree with him is to stick to a budget and don't go over that. He must have a huge budget to be spending so much daily. I still think he  has had more of an advantage than most people because of how much he can afford to spend playing. Do you agree with his theories?

How much did he win? Something like 10 or 15 million over the years? I forget, but does it matter? Since on average the lottery pays about half of what it takes in, Richard had to spend what? 20 or 30 million for what? To sell a few thousand copies of his crummy book? Considering after the first few hundred copies sold, the word got out that it was basically useless, other than the only fact that was true was to play more. lol

Others on LP said the same thing about Peter St. Pierre. Either Richard and Pierre are the dumbest marketers on the planet, or they're rich and stupid, and don't realize how idioctic they would make themselves look when spending double of what they take in. Highly unlikely.

GREAT PLAN SAM !  Green laugh

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
    Columbus, Ohio
    United States
    Member #128906
    June 5, 2012
    592 Posts
    Posted: February 15, 2014, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I've always been curious myself... he kinda reminds me of Don Lapre.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: February 15, 2014, 1:42 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was watching some You Tube interviews with Richard Lustig and he avioided answering questions about how much he has spent to get his lottery wins over the years. He says he plays daily and looks at this as his second job (he runs a talent booking agency that books 70 and 80's bands). It was quite funny seeing him with Cynthia Stafford on a Good Morning America segment when he said to not play quick picks and that you should stick to playing your own numbers and then Cynthia said she won with a quick pick. His theory about picking your own numbers do not make sense to me since he believes that you have a better chance of your numbers coming up someday if you play every single time with those same numbers. The problem I see with playing your own numbers would mean being tied down to feeling like you can never miss playing in case that one time you missed your numbers came up . That's why I play QP's. As far as scratch tickets he said if you can afford it you should buy 10 of the same tickets at a time and that you  will be guaranteed to have about 3 or so wins. I've heard of some people on this board who have had all losing tickets with that method. I still buy one scratcher at a time and if I win will cash out and leave store and if not then will buy one more ticket and leave. I give props to Richard for his wins but do not think his advice is good. The only thing I agree with him is to stick to a budget and don't go over that. He must have a huge budget to be spending so much daily. I still think he  has had more of an advantage than most people because of how much he can afford to spend playing. Do you agree with his theories?

Posted: Today, 1:37 am - IP Logged  ReplyEditDeleteFavorites

I didn't take the time to read this whole trivial thread.

Frankly its nobody's business how much he spent.

If he spent 10,000 to make 100,000 would that make you happy?

Or would you be happier if he spent 25,000 to make 100K?

I cant say I agree with his theories because I dont think he has any.  Although I agree with the notion that Quick Picks are for lazy, (and lucky) people.

I think overall maybe he just might have some smart luck.Idea

Maybe if he could prove he spent a decent amount to win, while at the same time remaining in the positive financially, AND balancing the fiscal budget, and providing all of the unemployed in AMERICA with stipends, we would respect him more?Shifty

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2014, 3:35 am - IP Logged

How much did he win? Something like 10 or 15 million over the years? I forget, but does it matter? Since on average the lottery pays about half of what it takes in, Richard had to spend what? 20 or 30 million for what? To sell a few thousand copies of his crummy book? Considering after the first few hundred copies sold, the word got out that it was basically useless, other than the only fact that was true was to play more. lol

Others on LP said the same thing about Peter St. Pierre. Either Richard and Pierre are the dumbest marketers on the planet, or they're rich and stupid, and don't realize how idioctic they would make themselves look when spending double of what they take in. Highly unlikely.

GREAT PLAN SAM !  Green laugh

ONLY MISINFORMATION AT IT AGAIN???

I WEAR A DIAPER AND I TALK DOODOO EVERY DAY, I FORGET, BUT DOES IT MATTER?>

Yes Richard filled in 5 million play cards.Thats the logical answer.Roll Eyes

GREAT WORK Spamface.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: February 15, 2014, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

ONLY MISINFORMATION AT IT AGAIN???

I WEAR A DIAPER AND I TALK DOODOO EVERY DAY, I FORGET, BUT DOES IT MATTER?>

Yes Richard filled in 5 million play cards.Thats the logical answer.Roll Eyes

GREAT WORK Spamface.

No schlick sherlock, you made my point moron. Of course Rich and Pete didn't fill 5 million or more betslips each cause they NEVER played that much just to lose in the long run, only to sell a handful of their systems which NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF you dumbass!

Maybe you should read what you write before making a total fool of yourself.

No adult with haf a brain would write what you just wrote, unless that person was an adult who has mental issues, or that person is only 14 years old. Since most people who are mentally compromised don't have the capacity to register to a major lottery website such as LP, I'll stick to the latter possibility, you must be 14 years old and clueless.

I suggest visiting websites more fit to your age group and stop trying so hard making believe you're an adult. I wonder what your parents would say If they only knew what you're doing on the net..

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7314 Posts
            Posted: February 15, 2014, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

I don't agree with him and as far as what he spends on the lottery he says save your old NON-winning tickets for a tax deduction must mean he lost i mean plays a lot. LOL 

YES! I LOVE when cynthia stafford said she won with a quick pickDance

she sure made him look like a Jack-in-the-Box

When I heard the interview, I thought Lustig was speaking in lottery cliches. "It only takes one ticket" "You can't win if you don't play"; there are some neat ones, but not enough for a book.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: February 15, 2014, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

When I heard the interview, I thought Lustig was speaking in lottery cliches. "It only takes one ticket" "You can't win if you don't play"; there are some neat ones, but not enough for a book.

At least Lustig actually did something.

What have you ever done besides run your yapper all the time?

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                Member #142499
                May 13, 2013
                1186 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2014, 1:07 am - IP Logged

His gross total is under $2 million, the largest one time amount was under $900,000,they were not jackpot wins unless you count the scratch offs (one was a trip to Graceland), and by his own admission has never played nor won a MM or PB because the odds of winning are too great. And yet every time there's a PB or MM frenzy, some news station tracks him down to get his expertise. It's all a sham. What he's been good at is marketing himself. Nothing more.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19878 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2014, 1:37 am - IP Logged

i knew it can't get nothing pass you Type

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2014, 1:42 am - IP Logged

i knew it can't get nothing pass you Type

I Agree!           Green laugh

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4792 Posts
                      Posted: February 16, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!           Green laugh

I Agree!Dance

J'aime La France.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40566 Posts
                        Posted: February 16, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Dance

I Agree! Hyper

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                          Member #145267
                          August 1, 2013
                          1534 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2014, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I think that is why. He is selling a book and if he says what lottery he's won, than he will loose the powerball and mega millions players from buying his book.

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: February 16, 2014, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I think that is why. He is selling a book and if he says what lottery he's won, than he will loose the powerball and mega millions players from buying his book.

and if he says what lottery he's won

In the Lottery Discussion forum, a thread with the list of what games he won are shown in the link below.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/272159/3478984

United States
                              Member #145267
                              August 1, 2013
                              1534 Posts
                              Posted: February 16, 2014, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't see pb or mega millions in the list.