Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think that financial security would make YOU happier?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #149820
December 9, 2013
644 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2014, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

For me I think it would. I mean Im happy now but all my problems that I have now can be tied to lack of funds and or no time for certain things. Winning the lottery would definately make me a happier person, Im sure my blood pressure would go down and Id have way more "me" time. So do you think having financial security would make you happier? If no why not

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2657 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2014, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

as its been said a many times b4 here @ the LP :

if your happy b4 the big win you'll be more so and if your not b4 then you'll wind up more so

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2014, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

About half my problems are problems that money can fix.  Half aren't.  So I figure I'd be about 50% happier.

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1496 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2014, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Yes it would.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4786 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2014, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

as its been said a many times b4 here @ the LP :

if your happy b4 the big win you'll be more so and if your not b4 then you'll wind up more so

I agree!

J'aime La France.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
            TX
            United States
            Member #121193
            January 4, 2012
            1637 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2014, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

For me I think it would. I mean Im happy now but all my problems that I have now can be tied to lack of funds and or no time for certain things. Winning the lottery would definately make me a happier person, Im sure my blood pressure would go down and Id have way more "me" time. So do you think having financial security would make you happier? If no why not

Happier as far as never having concerns about finances again ?? Oh surrrrrrre.
            As far as my everyday general disposition ???  Noooooooo......Not one bit.
            Life is treating me well. The jackpot win would give me a newly appreciated & challenging education. Big Smile

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
              Beautiful Florida
              United States
              Member #5709
              July 18, 2004
              20108 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2014, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I think it would make me happier than I am.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Portland, OR
                United States
                Member #145973
                August 20, 2013
                226 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2014, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

If you dig deep most people's unhappiness and problems originate in the lack of money.  My life would be much happier if I could get a hold of just a few hundred thousand Benjamins.  Financial security will get rid of all my health problems too, OVERNIGHT.  Guaranteed!  Money is everything in life.  Whoever tells you otherwise is a phylosopher with a steak on a barbeque and too much time on his hands.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4786 Posts
                  Posted: March 3, 2014, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

If you dig deep most people's unhappiness and problems originate in the lack of money.  My life would be much happier if I could get a hold of just a few hundred thousand Benjamins.  Financial security will get rid of all my health problems too, OVERNIGHT.  Guaranteed!  Money is everything in life.  Whoever tells you otherwise is a phylosopher with a steak on a barbeque and too much time on his hands.

Or perhaps the people who don't look to money to make them happy are simply hard workers who make no excuses in life?

J'aime La France.

Portland, OR
                    United States
                    Member #145973
                    August 20, 2013
                    226 Posts
                    Posted: March 3, 2014, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Or perhaps the people who don't look to money to make them happy are simply hard workers who make no excuses in life?

Or so you think...  I've seen those hard workers who make no excuses suddenly without a job and it ain't pretty.  Absolutely everybody looks to money to make them happier, unless you are rich.  It pays your bills, makes your life more comfortable, less worries, less suffering.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4786 Posts
                      Posted: March 3, 2014, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Matthew 6:24

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

J'aime La France.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1182 Posts
                        Posted: March 3, 2014, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Oh absolutely. I'm a pretty happy person already. Not having enough money is my only stressor. It bothers me that I'm not in a position to help loved ones with medical expenses or college tuition. It bothers me that my hours rarely allow me time to stop and smell the roses. Financial security will allow me to help out those that I love and will buy me the free time to either spend with them or spend doing the things I love. Those things will definitely increase my happiness factor.

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #79502
                          September 2, 2009
                          6395 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2014, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

I was in that ok with money thing  and then I came into some. The first thing I did was secure my kids future and then my own. Did it make me happier?

YES !

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2014, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I was in that ok with money thing  and then I came into some. The first thing I did was secure my kids future and then my own. Did it make me happier?

YES !

"...I came into some."

I love ya, man. Lover

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: March 3, 2014, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Matthew 6:24

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

Roger that, Artist.

There is a much greater treasure to consider.

And it's for eternity.