Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

As a major JP winner: How much cash would you have in your home safe?

Topic closed. 78 replies. Last post 3 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
Kentucky
United States
Member #35086
March 12, 2006
10374 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2014, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Dude, go for the gated community, you can't accidentally shoot you wife or girlfriend.  Ask Oscar Pistorius, lol

Get   real    bigbear      Smile

We  cut  our  eye  teeth  on   guns  from  an  early  age  in  the  Country 

We  are  taught  safety  first  at  an  early  age   also

I  have  handled  guns  all  my  life  ,  and  am  a  Strong   supporter of  owning  them

I  would  never  shoot  first  and  ask  questions  later 

And  then would  only  shoot  to   cripple   (  if  I  had  a  chance  too )

And  I  would  only  shoot  as  a  last  resort  ,  and  sure  of  my  target

I   was  describing   the    situation  above  in  my  post

Someone in your house in the middle of the nite  , and  they are up close to  you  ,  with  a  gun  pointed  at   you  , are  most  likely  not  gonna  let  you  live  ( or  your  family )

The   Majority  of   people  that  own  guns  are  responsible  with  them 

But  of  course  there  are  always  exceptions  to  the  rule

And   Oscar   Pistorius  is   a   sad   situation   indeed

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
    USA
    United States
    Member #152799
    February 25, 2014
    1090 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2014, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

5 thousand cash

50,000 rounds of ammo.

Someday lead will be much more valuable then gold.

I Agree! Get your ammo now before our Government bans them!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2014, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Dude, go for the gated community, you can't accidentally shoot you wife or girlfriend.  Ask Oscar Pistorius, lol

Any man who wins a jackpot and then entrusts the safety of his family to some schmuck at the front gate is needlessly putting his family in danger. It's a man's job to protect his family and if he is frightened by guns he puts his family at a distinct disadvantage vis-a-vis a man familiar with and disciplined in the use of weaponry.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4105 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2014, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Any man who wins a jackpot and then entrusts the safety of his family to some schmuck at the front gate is needlessly putting his family in danger. It's a man's job to protect his family and if he is frightened by guns he puts his family at a distinct disadvantage vis-a-vis a man familiar with and disciplined in the use of weaponry.

That's right ridge. It's for that very same reason that in addition to said weaponry- l have machetes strategically laid out under the  sofa, couch etc where should l run out of ammo...well you get the picture.
        its a situation where " Too close for missiles,  switching to guns"..in this case machetes.

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          644 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2014, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Get your ammo now before our Government bans them!

LOL that's the greatest sales tactic no one will ever tell you about. I had a friend who worked for a gun store and the boss loved it when democrats got elected cause he could put up signs that said stuff like get your guns and ammo before so-and-so bannned them. Knowing fool well that there would never even be such a ban LOL

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
            Texas Panhandle
            United States
            Member #136843
            December 20, 2012
            1269 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2014, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

LOL that's the greatest sales tactic no one will ever tell you about. I had a friend who worked for a gun store and the boss loved it when democrats got elected cause he could put up signs that said stuff like get your guns and ammo before so-and-so bannned them. Knowing fool well that there would never even be such a ban LOL

Well, it's a fact that several states controlled by Democrats have recently passed laws restricting gun ownership, while states controlled by Republicans have passed laws expanding gun owner's rights.   Source:  NYT  (not exactly a "right-wing rag") So, it depends upon where one lives, doesn't it?

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
             - George Orwell

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
              Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
              United States
              Member #50210
              March 1, 2007
              843 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2014, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's a fact that several states controlled by Democrats have recently passed laws restricting gun ownership, while states controlled by Republicans have passed laws expanding gun owner's rights.   Source:  NYT  (not exactly a "right-wing rag") So, it depends upon where one lives, doesn't it?

I agree. Back in the mid 90's many states banned certain types of ammo because they were deemed cop killers and "too deadly" (a bullet being called too deadly...lol).

The ban was in effect for several years before being lifted.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1269 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2014, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

I agree. Back in the mid 90's many states banned certain types of ammo because they were deemed cop killers and "too deadly" (a bullet being called too deadly...lol).

The ban was in effect for several years before being lifted.

Yeah, I had a school/home town buddy who bought a bunch of those rounds just before the ban went into effect.  He was a gun nut, truly paranoid and had buried a lot of guns and ammo after the Brady Bill was passed.  Before he finally got married, he lived at home w/ his mom and sister and I went into his room once when he was going to change his shirt prior to he and I going out that evening and I almost fell over when I walked in behind him;  he had rifles stacked up around the bare spots on the walls w/ just enough room to reach in and take one out...probably 50-60 at least. (I didn't want to overtly count them b/c I didn't want him to become more paranoid than he already was) He was partial to Mausers and even had a couple of those Italian Carcano rifles, the exact model that Oswald used.  (we took them outside of town on top of a hill, measured off the distance according to the records of the assassination, used a stopwatch and shot at head-sized rocks we placed in a row down below and found out it was relatively easy to get off several accurate rounds in just a few seconds and hit the targets in order - to account for the movement of the vehicle)  He even had one of these. (never got to shoot it or see it shot, but just looking at it made me a little uneasy knowing my friend was how he was)

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                  Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                  United States
                  Member #50210
                  March 1, 2007
                  843 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2014, 6:36 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I had a school/home town buddy who bought a bunch of those rounds just before the ban went into effect.  He was a gun nut, truly paranoid and had buried a lot of guns and ammo after the Brady Bill was passed.  Before he finally got married, he lived at home w/ his mom and sister and I went into his room once when he was going to change his shirt prior to he and I going out that evening and I almost fell over when I walked in behind him;  he had rifles stacked up around the bare spots on the walls w/ just enough room to reach in and take one out...probably 50-60 at least. (I didn't want to overtly count them b/c I didn't want him to become more paranoid than he already was) He was partial to Mausers and even had a couple of those Italian Carcano rifles, the exact model that Oswald used.  (we took them outside of town on top of a hill, measured off the distance according to the records of the assassination, used a stopwatch and shot at head-sized rocks we placed in a row down below and found out it was relatively easy to get off several accurate rounds in just a few seconds and hit the targets in order - to account for the movement of the vehicle)  He even had one of these. (never got to shoot it or see it shot, but just looking at it made me a little uneasy knowing my friend was how he was)

Wow! Your buddy sure sounds like he was ready for any kind of crisis.  I too would have felt a little uneasy in that situation.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

United States
                    Member #149820
                    December 9, 2013
                    644 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2014, 7:25 am - IP Logged

Not really cause some of those laws ban certain kinds of rifles but if you already owned it before the ban then it is grandfathered in AND you can even sell it. So there are loop holes you can get around that stuff, but dont think it's not a marketing plan, cause they all know this but they use that ploy to make people to go out and buy or buy more when they normally wouldnt.

United States
                      Member #150370
                      December 20, 2013
                      451 Posts
                      Posted: March 6, 2014, 7:31 am - IP Logged

$200, 000

Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1269 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2014, 8:17 am - IP Logged

Not really cause some of those laws ban certain kinds of rifles but if you already owned it before the ban then it is grandfathered in AND you can even sell it. So there are loop holes you can get around that stuff, but dont think it's not a marketing plan, cause they all know this but they use that ploy to make people to go out and buy or buy more when they normally wouldnt.

Blah blah blah blah blah

That's what I get out of your posts, B2B.  Your butt must be as big as a #2 washtub with as much crap as you pull out of it.

Be specific on the laws, even if it's just "some".  List the loopholes.  Give me details on their marketing plan.   Who are "they"?

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                         - George Orwell

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4786 Posts
                          Posted: March 6, 2014, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Blah blah blah blah blah

That's what I get out of your posts, B2B.  Your butt must be as big as a #2 washtub with as much crap as you pull out of it.

Be specific on the laws, even if it's just "some".  List the loopholes.  Give me details on their marketing plan.   Who are "they"?

lol

J'aime La France.

United States
                            Member #149820
                            December 9, 2013
                            644 Posts
                            Posted: March 6, 2014, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Blah blah blah blah blah

LOL so if I dont lay out all the details it really didnt happen huh. Or is it because you didnt know about it it cant be true? Well the name of the gun store was Jim's. the owner's name was Jim do I have to list his last name too?  I see you like to hurl insults instead of facts.

Texas Panhandle
                              United States
                              Member #136843
                              December 20, 2012
                              1269 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2014, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

LOL so if I dont lay out all the details it really didnt happen huh. Or is it because you didnt know about it it cant be true? Well the name of the gun store was Jim's. the owner's name was Jim do I have to list his last name too?  I see you like to hurl insults instead of facts.

Facts?  I rebutted your B.S. and demanded you provide facts and not some anecdote.  Insults?  Since when is the truth classified as insults?  Yes, you are a sock puppet formerly known as B2B.  At first I was glad you had left, then after you reappeared I decided to look on the bright side;  as long as you're here posting, no one can ever accuse me of being the dumbest one in the forum.

- George Orwell