Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

first thing u would do if you win 400 million dollars?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
new jersey
United States
Member #150815
December 31, 2013
513 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2014, 9:05 am - IP Logged

mega ball

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1387 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2014, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Sign the ticket and put it away someplace safe.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
     - George Orwell

Gliter's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
      Member #153438
      March 16, 2014
      17 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2014, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Go on holiday For 8-12 weeks, try get my head around it.

Sounds boring i know. Smile

Good things come to those who wait.

Pita Maha's avatar - 940d8157 d1fb-4f70-a715-6ad04d915489.jpg
        SW Florida
        United States
        Member #145673
        August 11, 2013
        152 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2014, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Go on holiday For 8-12 weeks, try get my head around it.

Sounds boring i know. Smile

Sounds like the smart thing to do.  Get away from the beggars and spend some time thinking about what you need and want in life.  Best to do that thinking without worry or pressure from family and friends with their hands out, laying on the guilt trip.

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          644 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2014, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Sign it and get the gameplan together. Lawyers, financial planners, etc. Then tell the 3 other people Im splitting it with and just get the ball rolling to the claim day

boston,ma
            United States
            Member #150102
            December 15, 2013
            112 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2014, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

My wife and I already have a plan. I have season tickets so if they win, I would put my wife and children up in a very nice hotel the same day and call my sister and tell her to quit and come stay with my wife and kids at the hotel. I would call my partner(we have a 25% deal. Whoever wins would give the other person 25%, we have a signed agreement) and tell him about the win and have him meet me at hotel. I would take a 2 week vacation and use the time to try to put my financial team in place. Then I would come forward and have a press conference. I'm in the "winner should be public information" boat and to try to set up a trust and collect anonymously would make me a hypocrite. Besides, I believe I could handle the tide that comes with winning 400 million. So after all is said and done, I would be left with  $97,000,000.00 after taxes(43%, fed and state). 70,000,000.00 would be invested and the principle never touched, which would bring in around 2,000,000 in interests(pre-taxed) conservatively. The other 27,000,000 would be used on various other things(trust for kids, family help, church, charities, new house, travel, etc). Also, if the jackpot hits $300,000,000.00 I add 10 QP to my 2 season tickets and if one of them wins, then I would do the same thing, only I wouldn't worry about people knowing who I am and wouldn't have to hide in a hotel. That's my plan!

new jersey
              United States
              Member #150815
              December 31, 2013
              513 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2014, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

u  have  a   great  plam   mattapan   i  wish  i  was   u

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8393 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2014, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

thank God

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                  Member #122468
                  February 1, 2012
                  530 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2014, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

My wife and I already have a plan. I have season tickets so if they win, I would put my wife and children up in a very nice hotel the same day and call my sister and tell her to quit and come stay with my wife and kids at the hotel. I would call my partner(we have a 25% deal. Whoever wins would give the other person 25%, we have a signed agreement) and tell him about the win and have him meet me at hotel. I would take a 2 week vacation and use the time to try to put my financial team in place. Then I would come forward and have a press conference. I'm in the "winner should be public information" boat and to try to set up a trust and collect anonymously would make me a hypocrite. Besides, I believe I could handle the tide that comes with winning 400 million. So after all is said and done, I would be left with  $97,000,000.00 after taxes(43%, fed and state). 70,000,000.00 would be invested and the principle never touched, which would bring in around 2,000,000 in interests(pre-taxed) conservatively. The other 27,000,000 would be used on various other things(trust for kids, family help, church, charities, new house, travel, etc). Also, if the jackpot hits $300,000,000.00 I add 10 QP to my 2 season tickets and if one of them wins, then I would do the same thing, only I wouldn't worry about people knowing who I am and wouldn't have to hide in a hotel. That's my plan!

Hi Mattapan,

Really like your plan. Like yourself I would also get a team of advisors before coming forward.  I really wish our state of Mass. would allow anonymity, I'm extremely shy and really worry about any kind of a press conference and my and my family's security when everyone knows who I am.  I know the first few days of winning a jackpot I'd be stunned and probably look at my winning ticket so many times to make sure I won, lol (have ocd).

United States
                    Member #125918
                    March 31, 2012
                    362 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2014, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

First thing i do is jump up and down and hopefully i don't fart in the process.. HAHAHA

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                      Columbus, Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #128906
                      June 5, 2012
                      597 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2014, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Claim ticket first, then call accountant... then head over to the local Porsche dealership and have a fun day.

United States
                        Member #136507
                        December 12, 2012
                        55 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2014, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I dont want that much money.

Portland, OR
                          United States
                          Member #145973
                          August 20, 2013
                          226 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2014, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Create a rumor that a passerby from another state won it by going to big stores and telling that to cashiers and anybody I could.  Spend weeks planning everything, looking for good attorneys, financial planners, register a corporation, etc.  Then claim the JP on a snowy or very rainy day dressed up as a UPS driver very early in the morning or a Friday afternoon.  Then I get on my way to buy a used Bugatti Veyron on eBay; they have one right now  Clown  That's what I'd do.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

boston,ma
                            United States
                            Member #150102
                            December 15, 2013
                            112 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2014, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

u  have  a   great  plam   mattapan   i  wish  i  was   u

Thanks, River!

boston,ma
                              United States
                              Member #150102
                              December 15, 2013
                              112 Posts
                              Posted: March 17, 2014, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Hi Mattapan,

Really like your plan. Like yourself I would also get a team of advisors before coming forward.  I really wish our state of Mass. would allow anonymity, I'm extremely shy and really worry about any kind of a press conference and my and my family's security when everyone knows who I am.  I know the first few days of winning a jackpot I'd be stunned and probably look at my winning ticket so many times to make sure I won, lol (have ocd).

Thank you Shy! You could set up a trust to collect if you win. I didn't think Massachusetts would  allow that, but they allowed the $10,000,000 platinum scratch ticket winner to collect with a trust. I check the status of remaining scratch ticket winners on the website all the time, and noticed that there was 1 10,000,000 winner of that new platinum scratch ticket, but there was no picture of the person on the website. I called up the lottery commission in Braintree and asked why was there no winner photo published  for this scratch ticket winner since they publish photos of all the winners over 1 million and they said the person collected with a trust. So I guess it would be possible to collect with a trust if you want.