Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it rude not to answer someone's question?

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 3 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19908 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2014, 6:23 am - IP Logged

I have the same problem. No one answers my question "How many pits are in a Pear".

White Bounce

Let it Snow Snowman

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40609 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2014, 9:07 am - IP Logged

I have the same problem. No one answers my question "How many pits are in a Pear".

none, Pears have seeds.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2014, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I don't ignore every PM I get, but most of them are questions about a system Ii posted, and the answers are in the thread.

It's usually something they don't understand, and I'm more than willing to answer questions. But most of the questions would involve rewriting everything over again, so what's the point? Just go back and read the instructions again.

It's not like I explain my systems with minimal details as to leave the reader clueless. If I do see a question that isn't covered, then I'll be happy to explain.

When I post a simple math workout like add 21 and keep adding 21, I'll get a PM asking me to do the workout for them because they don't understand. Well, i can't explain it any easier than I already did. There's only one way i know to write.."Add this to this and add that to that". lol

Sometimes I copy and paste a portion from the thread they lack understanding to a PM, and I get a "thank you for explaining" response. It was the same exact thing I wrote in the thread.

Basically it's just laziness, and i don't have the time to rewrite everything. Sorry if that's not good enough.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2014, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

With all the asking I see OGGivens doing here on lottery post. Youd think he owes some question answering.  Then again, if its not benefiting  him ...Why care

"Then again, if its not benefiting  him ...Why care"

I know some say they're here to help others but the truth is we're all here trying to help ourselves.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4801 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2014, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop ...

J'aime La France.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
            LAS VEGAS
            United States
            Member #47729
            November 22, 2006
            4507 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2014, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

It is.  I just dont have an answer all the time. Some times Im totally not lottery-minded and I cant be of help to any1. So rather than give out false info..I stay quiet.

I Agree!

Secret of Time/Life:
            "Yesterday's pain,crisis(or unaswered inquiry)is tomorrow's joke, & you'' end up laughing, if you can manage not to cut your throat."
            ~Jules Verne
            Foruna
            EddessqaKnight

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2014, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Secret of Time/Life:
              "Yesterday's pain,crisis(or unaswered inquiry)is tomorrow's joke, & you'' end up laughing, if you can manage not to cut your throat."
              ~Jules Verne
              Foruna
              EddessqaKnight

LOL  Very funny and quite true!

Which reminds me, one time I asked this cop if he preferred dunkin donuts or krispy creme.

He didn't answer me.  All he said was "Is that an open container?"

What a rude <snip>!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2014, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

When you ignore people's questions; you make them upset

When you make them upset; they drive away aggressively

When they drive away aggressively; they get pulled over

When they get pulled over; they give the police officer an attitude

When they give the police officer an attitude; they spend the night at the police station.

Don't get people spending the night at the police station! Be polite and say you don't know Big Grin

That money's gone fo ever

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #153082
                  March 5, 2014
                  17 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2014, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

^^^^^^LOL!!!!!!

addai1516's avatar - lib
                    Newyork City NY / westland michigan
                    United States
                    Member #93153
                    June 23, 2010
                    4087 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2014, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

If someone asked you a question for help and you completely ignored the question. Never responded and made up your mind not to reply.  Is this being rude?

Do you consider this rude?  Do you really try to answer all questions or only ones asked by people you know?  We all know what they say about "Karma"....

I myself try to answer all question asked if I know the answer and if I don't i will point the person in the right direction.  I never ignore any questions asked to me... "Clicks are for kids"

Honesty and arrogance it's two different things. IGNORING A QUESTION IS RUDE ..YOU CAN RESPOND BY SAYING I DON'T KNOW .. I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE .AM NOT SURE .. HANGING UP ON ANYONE. IS CHILDISH .. AT LEAST YOU BEING HONEST.HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY ..WE ALL HUMANS NO NEED TO B RUDE BACK TO THE PERSON WHO WAS RUDE TO U IN THE FIRST PLACE ..YOU RESPOND BACK RUDELY YOU BECOME LIKE THEM AND HAVE CHEATED YOUR SELF OF WHO YOU REALLY ARE .IT'S OK TO B CORDUAL..!!

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                      Connecticut
                      United States
                      Member #61623
                      May 29, 2008
                      20581 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2014, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

When they give the police officer an attitude; they spend the night at the police station.

Don't get people spending the night at the police station! Be polite and say you don't know Big Grin

...and don't let dad get punched over a can of soup   lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                        Member #142777
                        May 18, 2013
                        263 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2014, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Honesty and arrogance it's two different things. IGNORING A QUESTION IS RUDE ..YOU CAN RESPOND BY SAYING I DON'T KNOW .. I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE .AM NOT SURE .. HANGING UP ON ANYONE. IS CHILDISH .. AT LEAST YOU BEING HONEST.HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY ..WE ALL HUMANS NO NEED TO B RUDE BACK TO THE PERSON WHO WAS RUDE TO U IN THE FIRST PLACE ..YOU RESPOND BACK RUDELY YOU BECOME LIKE THEM AND HAVE CHEATED YOUR SELF OF WHO YOU REALLY ARE .IT'S OK TO B CORDUAL..!!

What gets counted as "rude" is their reaction to an honest answer.  Most questions you hear are people looking for confirmation.  You get more for sugar than for salt.  Just look at political promises going steady with a 17 trillion dollar middle class crushing deficit. Big Grin

So i say when you get a no win senario question just run with it:  "Of course i will respect you in the morning!"LOL

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                          Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #37433
                          April 14, 2006
                          2747 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2014, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

...and don't let dad get punched over a can of soup   lol

LOL that too

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2014, 12:55 am - IP Logged

aflacWhen they drive away aggressively; they get pulled over

AFLAC !

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2014, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Maybe a night in jail if what a grown-up acting like a child needs to teach him to grow up and get real.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking