Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it rude not to answer someone's question?

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 3 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1408 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2014, 7:26 am - IP Logged

Simply put, you are not entitled to an answer, unless you paid for it.  Most people are not on the same timetable you are on. Eventually, people will answer your question, but complaining about it, will even make them ignore you, or give you a crappy answer because you are acting like they owe you an answer, just because you asked{demanded it}.  THEY DON'T OWE YOU A THING!!!.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22934 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2014, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Dr65 am very surprised at your responds you are one of the nicest people here on this forum over the years u have never ignored any questions I asked u .May b because we been friends I feel lucky ? lol.

Hello addai and thank you for the nice words! Oh no, no luck there it's pure courtesy. I try my best to answer whoever contacts

me because I don't like to ignore pm's. It may take me awhile but my general feeling for me anyway is I can't just let a pm go

and have the person wonder why I'm not responding. I know a lot of people here do a lot of things and my answer to the OP was

a more or less stand in for the ones that do not or won't answer. I can understand someone who has 40+k posts and does a lot

of work here on the site not responding to each and every pm they get. Now, I'm sure there are some like me who try their best

to answer and others who just don't do the pm thing very well. I've been in the shoes of being ignored before but I just move on.

I took the OP's post this way:

they chalked the experience of not being answered up to possible rudeness and wanted answers on whether or not it was rude to

be ignored. Time teaches and experience hardens any soft feelings around here....with time you find who answers, who doesn't,

who is too busy and who - actually - matters. The busiest posters don't have time (maybe even desire) to do the pm thing. Some

are caught up in glorifying themselves and don't need anything more than to post and re-post day after day and point out just

where they were right for the draw/day/system/post...etc. All they need is a thread to post on and a reply box to reply to themselves.

Is that rude? IMO...no...it's just self-centered and busy. This hobby can be all consuming...in good ways and bad ways.

I believe if a person needs answers and can't get them from a poster, they should use the next best thing...(less time efficient)

SEARCH. I can understand the feeling of not being answered but the best thing to do is move on...there's always a tendency to

argue a point and usually the point has nothing to do with making money, it's more of a call out on someone's ability/helpfulness/

consideration/personality. I've seen time and time again where it becomes a sparring match and nothing is gained, in fact a lot

of time is wasted and any OP or person asking a question who feels jaded just needs to let it go and realize the person who didn't

respond has bigger fish to fry...those fish are generally the self serving type. Sad but true.

addai, you are right...I'm not the type to ignore but please don't take my prior post as falling into the rude category..it's just that

in a case like mine of being here a few years, I can say - been there, done that.

Good thing about this place is there is always someone to answer whatever questions anyone has...when you find them, you

remember them Big Smile

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2014, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Hello addai and thank you for the nice words! Oh no, no luck there it's pure courtesy. I try my best to answer whoever contacts

me because I don't like to ignore pm's. It may take me awhile but my general feeling for me anyway is I can't just let a pm go

and have the person wonder why I'm not responding. I know a lot of people here do a lot of things and my answer to the OP was

a more or less stand in for the ones that do not or won't answer. I can understand someone who has 40+k posts and does a lot

of work here on the site not responding to each and every pm they get. Now, I'm sure there are some like me who try their best

to answer and others who just don't do the pm thing very well. I've been in the shoes of being ignored before but I just move on.

I took the OP's post this way:

they chalked the experience of not being answered up to possible rudeness and wanted answers on whether or not it was rude to

be ignored. Time teaches and experience hardens any soft feelings around here....with time you find who answers, who doesn't,

who is too busy and who - actually - matters. The busiest posters don't have time (maybe even desire) to do the pm thing. Some

are caught up in glorifying themselves and don't need anything more than to post and re-post day after day and point out just

where they were right for the draw/day/system/post...etc. All they need is a thread to post on and a reply box to reply to themselves.

Is that rude? IMO...no...it's just self-centered and busy. This hobby can be all consuming...in good ways and bad ways.

I believe if a person needs answers and can't get them from a poster, they should use the next best thing...(less time efficient)

SEARCH. I can understand the feeling of not being answered but the best thing to do is move on...there's always a tendency to

argue a point and usually the point has nothing to do with making money, it's more of a call out on someone's ability/helpfulness/

consideration/personality. I've seen time and time again where it becomes a sparring match and nothing is gained, in fact a lot

of time is wasted and any OP or person asking a question who feels jaded just needs to let it go and realize the person who didn't

respond has bigger fish to fry...those fish are generally the self serving type. Sad but true.

addai, you are right...I'm not the type to ignore but please don't take my prior post as falling into the rude category..it's just that

in a case like mine of being here a few years, I can say - been there, done that.

Good thing about this place is there is always someone to answer whatever questions anyone has...when you find them, you

remember them Big Smile

I have to concur with DR DRE65,

I do like to answer my PM, I don't get a lot, (not as many as onlymonkey,) but they do trickle in.

There is a certain intimacy with Private Messages, that at times may border on obsession!!!!Jester Laugh

Thats what lottery is fundamentally.  An intimate experience of the universe, if you look and feel deep enough. But I digress,

Sometimes, I get a long winded PM, and I don't answer because I don't really feel like reading all that drivel.

But I am guilty the same!!  Sometimes I send out a long winded blabbering slobbering PM, and I wonder, "Hey they have not responded yet?"

They probably looked at it said "I will do this later, I have to walk the dog,"  and just forgot about it.

Also I have found spending time "socializing" on LP, has been detrimental to the lottery workout.

Its as DR65 says, a lack of focus.   Wanting to put Noisy and Monkey in their place becomes more important than actually trying find the angle in the games.  ( I am guilty of this crime right now, so I will sign off soon, and only resign to place my wagers)

In defense of OnlyMonkey and his reasoning for not answering his PM, its may be because he was probably stoned, or drunk, or BOTH!

Also being that his systems suck so much, and that he is always complaining about a terrible system that he purchased from steve player and therefore now he has no resources and extra money to spend within this great lottery community which causes his mailbox to be perennially filled, so perhaps, he never got the message in the first place!!

Or maybe the question was sent.  Sometimes I write a long PM, only to hit the back arrow spacingly, and then wonder" Did I just hit the send button?"

Anyway, if you ask a question, and its not asked, ask AGAIN!!! and AGAIN!!! and AGAIN!!!!  Ask somebody else!!! Ask Todd!!!  Ask me!!!

But no drivel please.  Bullet Points!!!!  (At least until after the third message.)

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2014, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

LOL, looks like the guy asking the question doesn't answer questions his ownself.

Now that's rude.

Thats very ironic!!

Oh wise oracle of the appalachian mountains!!!

Perhaps its like having the winning numbers on your ticket, but waiting 465 days to claim it?

Although to be fair, to expect an answer from a PM with onlymonkey is to expect water to flow through a rock.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2014, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Maybe questions shouldn't be asked at all.

Sometimes a simple question can lead to things spinning out of control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zMGA1HmAN0

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2014, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I have to concur with DR DRE65,

I do like to answer my PM, I don't get a lot, (not as many as onlymonkey,) but they do trickle in.

There is a certain intimacy with Private Messages, that at times may border on obsession!!!!Jester Laugh

Thats what lottery is fundamentally.  An intimate experience of the universe, if you look and feel deep enough. But I digress,

Sometimes, I get a long winded PM, and I don't answer because I don't really feel like reading all that drivel.

But I am guilty the same!!  Sometimes I send out a long winded blabbering slobbering PM, and I wonder, "Hey they have not responded yet?"

They probably looked at it said "I will do this later, I have to walk the dog,"  and just forgot about it.

Also I have found spending time "socializing" on LP, has been detrimental to the lottery workout.

Its as DR65 says, a lack of focus.   Wanting to put Noisy and Monkey in their place becomes more important than actually trying find the angle in the games.  ( I am guilty of this crime right now, so I will sign off soon, and only resign to place my wagers)

In defense of OnlyMonkey and his reasoning for not answering his PM, its may be because he was probably stoned, or drunk, or BOTH!

Also being that his systems suck so much, and that he is always complaining about a terrible system that he purchased from steve player and therefore now he has no resources and extra money to spend within this great lottery community which causes his mailbox to be perennially filled, so perhaps, he never got the message in the first place!!

Or maybe the question was sent.  Sometimes I write a long PM, only to hit the back arrow spacingly, and then wonder" Did I just hit the send button?"

Anyway, if you ask a question, and its not asked, ask AGAIN!!! and AGAIN!!! and AGAIN!!!!  Ask somebody else!!! Ask Todd!!!  Ask me!!!

But no drivel please.  Bullet Points!!!!  (At least until after the third message.)

What lying sack of $*** you are. Since the very first time I PMd you and you publicly told everyone, never did i PM you dumbass.

I know you're naturally stupid, but at least try harder without lying. Desperation comes to mind when you dig that deep.

Trust me, I'd rather make fun of you in public.

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2014, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Thats very ironic!!

Oh wise oracle of the appalachian mountains!!!

Perhaps its like having the winning numbers on your ticket, but waiting 465 days to claim it?

Although to be fair, to expect an answer from a PM with onlymonkey is to expect water to flow through a rock.

I'd bet a hundred bucks your avatar is a real picture of you, which of course explains everything.