Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

RootSum & Shortsum tracking

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 3 years ago by WIN D.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
Park City, UT
United States
Member #69864
January 18, 2009
993 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2014, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I also like the way you have the different headers, you designed that?, I like it.

Yes Professional UI Solutions provides a library that provides controls a programmer can use.  This particular application I created  is making use of grid controls which gives it that spreadsheet feel with row and columns like Excel.  In addition I am using what are known as "Tabbed Pages" which are similar to Excel Sheets.

Once you create one Tabbed Page it's pretty simple to create a new Tabbed page to display a new set of information.  It takes me less than 10 minutes to create a new Tabbed Page, but it might take me a couple of hours to figure out how to display the data I am after.

Since I already had software that could query the Internet for all the Pick3 and Pick4 draw data I wanted to create an app that would gather it from all States so you had the current information for any game in one place.  Its convenient for the online player to know whats missing fairly quickly.

Still a work in progress.

Thanks for the compliment, your Tracking thread is right on the mark.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
    United States
    Member #69864
    January 18, 2009
    993 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2014, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I agree with Sully16 this is awesome, probably took years to complete........... but excellent work

Thanks, the application actually did not take that long, about 1 week total, but I have been a software architect for 25 years so that experience helps.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
      United States
      Member #69864
      January 18, 2009
      993 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2014, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

can u please do example  and how long do you play the root sum thank u Big Smile

I really do not have a strategy for playing rootsum or shortsum, I just wrote some software to track it.  I was asking fellow LP members how they would use the information.  I don't think it is as simple as just playing the longest out due to the high variance, but I  might be wrong as others seem to use that strategy and do quite well.  BlackApple and Sully16 do quite well when tracking rootsums so I would look to them for guidance.

Jimmy

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2014, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Well that didn't take too long, added pair chart that shows the hottest 10 pairs based on last 20 draws, and coldest 10 pairs based on skip count.

Pair Chart (04/19/2014)

Jimmy

Those are Wild Pairs?  I assume?

Does your spreadsheet allow for CF?  Is this Lotus?

Park City, UT
          United States
          Member #69864
          January 18, 2009
          993 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2014, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Those are Wild Pairs?  I assume?

Does your spreadsheet allow for CF?  Is this Lotus?

If by wild you mean any pair such as front, back, split then yes.  They are also boxed.

It would not be any more difficult to track them as front, back, split, and in straight form.

If by CF you mean conditional formatting then no.

No its not Lotus, its software that I wrote using a "grid control" styled with a theme/style of Office 2007(Luna Blue) and tabbed pages stylesd similar to OneNote if you have ever used that software.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
            United States
            Member #69864
            January 18, 2009
            993 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Looks like for those that track digit skips that once a box digit reaches around 15 skips it's probably a good time to target it.

As Win D points out a single digit leaves 271 straight combos which is not much different than playing for a double which is 270 straight combos.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
              United States
              Member #69864
              January 18, 2009
              993 Posts
              Posted: May 17, 2014, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Here is a straight positioning chart based on Sully's idea of tracking position.

In this example I tracked the last 21 draws.

The encoding is as follows:

A - Represents a digit that has 0 hits.
              B - Represents a digit that has 1 hit.
              C - Represents a digit that has 2 hits.
              D - Represents a digit that has 3 hits.
              E - Represents a digit that has 4 hits.  and so on.

So after 1 draw of tracking all the hits have to come from A since all digits in all positions are available.

AAA represents this
              10-10-10 this represents how many digits were in the corresponding column.
              1000 represents the number of straight combinations.

Lets skip to draw 17 of Florida Midday

EEE
              1-1-1

EEE represents that Position 1, Position 2, and Position 3 hit from the pool of digits that have hit 4 times in the past 16 draws.
              1-1-1 represents that Position 1 E had only 1 digit in it, Position 2 E had only 1 digit in it, and Position 3 E had only 1 digit in it.
              1 represents that there is only 1 straight combination that can be made from EEE pattern.

So this was basically Nirvana we had a straight combination that came from the hottest digits from all 3 positions.

I have not found anything real useful from this tracking other than to look for patterns with the letters.  I highlighted instances after 11 draws of tracking where two of the 3 digits came from A or otherwise cold digits.  Anyway it was interesting to track.

Sully Straight Positioning Tracking

Jimmy

Park City, UT
                United States
                Member #69864
                January 18, 2009
                993 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2014, 6:39 am - IP Logged

Added a Tab where you can select your State Game (Morning, Midday, Evening, Night, or Combined) and chart its draw history stats.

The following is Florida Midday draw history:

Florida Midday Draw History

I highlighted things of interest.  Florida Midday has not had an all even drawing in quite some time.

The highlights in green are the 50% filters that you would track to start playing for them to hit (Yes)

Jimmy

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                  Stone Mountain*Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #828
                  November 2, 2002
                  10491 Posts
                  Posted: May 24, 2014, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Very nice jim. 

How about different colors for .....yes and no?......as well as other groups.....etc.     

Alert with color. Easy to see and better on the old crossed eyes. LOL

Remarkable what you have done. Remarkable what one man can do. 

What would you guess jim? How many Old time paper and pencil pushing accountants would it take to keep up with ....and update all 60++ games each day? 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Park City, UT
                    United States
                    Member #69864
                    January 18, 2009
                    993 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2014, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Very nice jim. 

How about different colors for .....yes and no?......as well as other groups.....etc.     

Alert with color. Easy to see and better on the old crossed eyes. LOL

Remarkable what you have done. Remarkable what one man can do. 

What would you guess jim? How many Old time paper and pencil pushing accountants would it take to keep up with ....and update all 60++ games each day? 

Thanks WIN D.

Nothing wrong with pencil and paper but it is no fun updating all the draws.  If I can automate something then I go for it.

I tried to make my program look like an Excel spreadsheet, with the addition of automatically updating the draws.

So do you prefer where the text is highlighted, or where the background box is highlighted.  Here is an example of the background boxes highlighted using pastel like colors.  I find pastel type of colors easier on my eyes but I am sure everybody has their preference for their old tired eyes when looking at a computer monitor.  My eyes like background cell highlighting versus text highlighting.

Florida Midday Drawing History with cell background highlighting

Jimmy

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #4924
                      June 3, 2004
                      5893 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2014, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Thanks WIN D.

Nothing wrong with pencil and paper but it is no fun updating all the draws.  If I can automate something then I go for it.

I tried to make my program look like an Excel spreadsheet, with the addition of automatically updating the draws.

So do you prefer where the text is highlighted, or where the background box is highlighted.  Here is an example of the background boxes highlighted using pastel like colors.  I find pastel type of colors easier on my eyes but I am sure everybody has their preference for their old tired eyes when looking at a computer monitor.  My eyes like background cell highlighting versus text highlighting.

Jimmy

bold text with background highlighted.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: May 24, 2014, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks WIN D.

Jimmy

Wonderful jim.

Like looking into the face of an old friend now. Smooth ....easy on the eyes.

Not only can I see it lots better now...... I can "FEEL" it.

Brother, .... I  can almost "taste" those filters. Good choices. 

One filter that comes in handy and positioned some where near the draws column would be ....repeat digits.... 1,,2 or the almost impossible 3 digit repeats.

The other helpful distinction would be using the same coloring on ODD/EVEN ssums ......just the short sum column.... not roots or long sum column.... just the Ssums perhaps. 

** I figure between 20 to 25 old time accountants.... sitting on wooden benches and wearing those little green visors could do this each day.  LOL   

Win d    

Park City, UT
                          United States
                          Member #69864
                          January 18, 2009
                          993 Posts
                          Posted: May 24, 2014, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Wonderful jim.

Like looking into the face of an old friend now. Smooth ....easy on the eyes.

Not only can I see it lots better now...... I can "FEEL" it.

Brother, .... I  can almost "taste" those filters. Good choices. 

One filter that comes in handy and positioned some where near the draws column would be ....repeat digits.... 1,,2 or the almost impossible 3 digit repeats.

The other helpful distinction would be using the same coloring on ODD/EVEN ssums ......just the short sum column.... not roots or long sum column.... just the Ssums perhaps. 

** I figure between 20 to 25 old time accountants.... sitting on wooden benches and wearing those little green visors could do this each day.  LOL   

Do you want each ShortSum to have its own column (0 thru 9) and set background of the non winning shortsums in pastel green and the winning shortum in pastel red?

Repeat digits would not be a problem to add as a column.

Jimmy

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                            Stone Mountain*Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #828
                            November 2, 2002
                            10491 Posts
                            Posted: May 24, 2014, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Think I've seen it done that way Jim. Not sure how it would look in this particular lay out.

Long..... over average continuous lines of like results become almost helpfully subliminal anyway.

Your experience using distinguishing color and font in these crowded data environments has to be better than mine for sure. 

Now that I think about it a little more....as far as using individual columns goes......I would almost rather reserve that for individual digits really......and color bars there....indicating hit or miss. I think the 10 digits are more of a "current trend" indicator ......than sums or roots of any kind.     

Win d    

Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              993 Posts
                              Posted: May 24, 2014, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Think I've seen it done that way Jim. Not sure how it would look in this particular lay out.

Long..... over average continuous lines of like results become almost helpfully subliminal anyway.

Your experience using distinguishing color and font in these crowded data environments has to be better than mine for sure. 

Now that I think about it a little more....as far as using individual columns goes......I would almost rather reserve that for individual digits really......and color bars there....indicating hit or miss. I think the 10 digits are more of a "current trend" indicator ......than sums or roots of any kind.     

Okay I will mock something up.  I have a wide screen monitor so adding more columns is not an issue for me.  I don't know about you and Carbob and if you have wide screen monitors and whether it would bother you to have to scroll left and right to see all the columns.

I think of "Uncle Billy" as far as an old time bumbling accountant.

Jimmy