Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any true Christians on this forum ?? can u love both GOD and LUST LOTTERY wins

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 3 years ago by barbara57.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #150370
December 20, 2013
451 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2014, 5:57 am - IP Logged

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
    Denver
    United States
    Member #117684
    October 12, 2011
    552 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2014, 6:54 am - IP Logged

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

I Agree!God is omnipotent, you can never buy God! Money is not permanent.

White Bounce

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2014, 7:26 am - IP Logged

Unlike Islam, Christianity is very vague on this issue. In Islam gambling, consumption of alcohol and charging interest on money lent are all considered haram (sin). Profits are halal (not sin).  There's nothing in the bible, as far as I've read, that explicitly says gambling is sin. What some preachers do is read different scriptures to arrive at a conclusion on a particular matter. I think since Christianity allows a person a lot of leg room then if you gamble as a form of entertainment then you're in the right. Good luckJester

That money's gone fo ever

United States
        Member #150370
        December 20, 2013
        451 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2014, 7:40 am - IP Logged

Unlike Islam, Christianity is very vague on this issue. In Islam gambling, consumption of alcohol and charging interest on money lent are all considered haram (sin). Profits are halal (not sin).  There's nothing in the bible, as far as I've read, that explicitly says gambling is sin. What some preachers do is read different scriptures to arrive at a conclusion on a particular matter. I think since Christianity allows a person a lot of leg room then if you gamble as a form of entertainment then you're in the right. Good luckJester

Good reply. Now let me go pray that I win big today

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          644 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2014, 7:43 am - IP Logged

I think if you understand and believe that only GOD can and should be exhaulted above everyone and everything then you will know that you will never serve money.  Now since money is such a big part of living here on earth and what it can do for you is the main reason everyone seeks it, money can be hard to obtain whereas the love from GOD and his son Jesus as long as we accept it we can have it for nothing they give it to us unconditionally. Money will not come to you unconditionally it always comes with strings attached

United States
            Member #116477
            September 11, 2011
            353 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2014, 7:43 am - IP Logged

PLEASE keep your religiousness out of here! Its worse than having the Jehovas Knocking on the door...go away and enjoy you "religion" and keept to yourself where it belongs and enjoy it... the main theme of the BIBLE?? LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE....

SWATS Shawty
              United States
              Member #123454
              February 21, 2012
              22176 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2014, 7:49 am - IP Logged

They word says everything in the Earth belongs to God, even the paycheck you make at work. The Tithe is Lord's, the rest is yours to be responsible with. IF you don't tithe, then you are essentially robbing God...meaning HE can't open other doors here in the earth as blessings. NOW THE LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil, but I don't think that loving INCREASE is. If you win hitting the cash 4 or 3 or mega or powerball....that Tithe (10%) needs to go to God. Happy Winning everyone...oh and religion is different from Relationship. That's is what the Bible teaches....having a relationship with God, not being religious.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2014, 7:52 am - IP Logged

They word says everything in the Earth belongs to God, even the paycheck you make at work. The Tithe is Lord's, the rest is yours to be responsible with. IF you don't tithe, then you are essentially robbing God...meaning HE can't open other doors here in the earth as blessings. NOW THE LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil, but I don't think that loving INCREASE is. If you win hitting the cash 4 or 3 or mega or powerball....that Tithe (10%) needs to go to God. Happy Winning everyone...oh and religion is different from Relationship. That's is what the Bible teaches....having a relationship with God, not being religious.

The real HBIC? Lol nice! Cheers

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                  Member #145267
                  August 1, 2013
                  1492 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2014, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Please ask the rich of the USA that send jobs overseas, or that hide their money In banks outside the USA. This country was not built on religion, it was built on greed.

geeweezy's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    Z-Town, NC
                    United States
                    Member #79756
                    September 8, 2009
                    14533 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2014, 9:30 am - IP Logged

Well saidSmile

Weezy

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2014, 9:59 am - IP Logged

PLEASE keep your religiousness out of here! Its worse than having the Jehovas Knocking on the door...go away and enjoy you "religion" and keept to yourself where it belongs and enjoy it... the main theme of the BIBLE?? LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE....

"the main theme of the BIBLE?? LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE...."

I don't think you get to tell everyone to keep their interpretations of the Bible to themselves and then give your own interpretation.

Which by the way, is wrong.

mitch13's avatar - darksword
                        northwood,ohio
                        United States
                        Member #90211
                        April 23, 2010
                        4586 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2014, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone.   John 8:7

Mitch

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith

If i ever do get this game figured out we all will make money.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4103 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2014, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Judas was in charge of the money box that was carried, his the one who developed a wicked heart-we all know how that ended.
                          Its the " Love of Money" that is dangerous,  not money itself. Incidentally King David contributed literally tons of gold to construct the Temple in Jerusalem- l seriously doubt he was a "lover of money".Balance in all things. .I say.

MrLeRoy's avatar - nw rogue.jpg

Canada
                            Member #152924
                            March 1, 2014
                            129 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2014, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Nothing is good or bad, it all depends on what you do with it....money is no evil !....is fire good or bad ???  I'm a true christian and as long as my heart is true, God takes pleasure in what i do, as He lives in me....in a sense we are all gods. We are all here on this earth to experience life, we are spiritual beings having a physical experience !

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
                              Member #148698
                              November 9, 2013
                              96 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2014, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Any "True Christians?" Sounds like a No true Scotsman fallacy to me.