Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any true Christians on this forum ?? can u love both GOD and LUST LOTTERY wins

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 3 years ago by barbara57.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1732 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2014, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Well good luck with your study atomic dog.

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
    Member #148698
    November 9, 2013
    96 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2014, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

David Repented- he was not a lying SOB, he took responsibility for his actions. Another thing to consider is that his adulterous affair had consequences, the child from that affair died. It also showed that no matter what our sin, we can be forgiven if we sincere- which David was.
    Peter denied Jesus- forgiven. King Manasseh filled Jerusalem with blood, had Isaiah decapitated- he was forgiven.  Finger pointing does not help.
    Repent...

Under the Mosaic Law adultery was supposed to be penalized with death. (Leviticus 20: 10) There wasn't any amendments for repentance.

David most certainly was a lying SOB. After he found out that Bathsheba was pregnant he failed at trying to get her husband to sleep with her. After that he had her husband killed and then he married her. He didn't repent until after Nathan approached him about the situation. Not that it should have mattered anyway.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2014, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

The only thing I need passed through the eye of a needle right now is a winning JP lottery ticket.

(Or a fortune cookie with some winning numbers.)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4146 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2014, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Under the Mosaic Law adultery was supposed to be penalized with death. (Leviticus 20: 10) There wasn't any amendments for repentance.

David most certainly was a lying SOB. After he found out that Bathsheba was pregnant he failed at trying to get her husband to sleep with her. After that he had her husband killed and then he married her. He didn't repent until after Nathan approached him about the situation. Not that it should have mattered anyway.

David was not a lying SOB,  why? Because when his sin was exposed by Nathan,  he admitted, he was deceitful yes, but not a liar.You getting the two confused. Another thing,  God had promised his Father that through David's line , the Messiah would come-
        If David was put to death how would that have been possible since he had no heir at the time?
        Your response would be?
        By the way King  Solomon's Mother was Bath Sheba who had married David after all.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2014, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

David was not a lying SOB,  why? Because when his sin was exposed by Nathan,  he admitted, he was deceitful yes, but not a liar.You getting the two confused. Another thing,  God had promised his Father that through David's line , the Messiah would come-
          If David was put to death how would that have been possible since he had no heir at the time?
          Your response would be?
          By the way King  Solomon's Mother was Bath Sheba who had married David after all.

maybe he was not a SOB but a SOW?

Are you sure of this admission?

Where you a witness?

And was God typing on his typewriter too?

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
            LAS VEGAS
            United States
            Member #47729
            November 22, 2006
            4594 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2014, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

True Christian here!

I personally do not play the lottery or play the numbers that I post here.

I actually use this forum to test mathematics theories and methods of probability against randomness (a.k.a. lottery draws).  Once I have something perfected, I may start playing for the benefit of God's people.  Until then, I serve God by using my talents in the realm of mathematical theory.

Is this sinful?  If so, I ask God for great forgiveness.

Last week, a woman came to my door and asked if I found Jesus.  I naturally responded, "I didn't know that he was lost.  Has he found you?"  Hopefully he can make his way around to your door as well.

Good luck!  Pray that my theories finally come to a revelation for us all!  Conehead

Good Work *Atomic Dog

First dictum inscribed on the cornerstone of the Trmple of Apollo said of the wise & prophetic Sybil of Delphi and the same oracle later reprsented among the Hebraic icons by Michelangelo's Sistein Chapel, Rome is:

"KNOW THYSELF"

*Bye the bye here @ gambling ground zero was the first Atomic Test atmospheric site 

Fortuna

EddessaKnight

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
              Member #148698
              November 9, 2013
              96 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2014, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Your response would be?

I guess you are right I shouldn't call David a lying SOB. Perhaps I should call him a deceitful SOB? Or maybe just a regular SOB? It seems that being part of the line of Jesus was a get out of jail free card. I didn't think God is supposed to be partial, but I guess he painted himself into a corner on that one. (Deuteronomy 10: 17) Maybe God isn't omnipotent an omniscient. It seemed to work out fairly well for Solomon too. He had 700 wives! I know that God allowed polygamy back then but it sounds like Solomon was kind of greedy

And I did mention that David married Bathsheba after he had her first husband killed.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2014, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I guess you are right I shouldn't call David a lying SOB. Perhaps I should call him a deceitful SOB? Or maybe just a regular SOB? It seems that being part of the line of Jesus was a get out of jail free card. I didn't think God is supposed to be partial, but I guess he painted himself into a corner on that one. (Deuteronomy 10: 17) Maybe God isn't omnipotent an omniscient. It seemed to work out fairly well for Solomon too. He had 700 wives! I know that God allowed polygamy back then but it sounds like Solomon was kind of greedy

And I did mention that David married Bathsheba after he had her first husband killed.

There is no way David had 700 wives.

They didn't have KY back then.

He would have chafed to death.

Not that that would have been a bad death.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6305 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2014, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

I am a Christian, I love God with all my heart, soul and mind I do not put winning the lottery before God if it happens then I will give God all the glory.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Portland, OR
                    United States
                    Member #145973
                    August 20, 2013
                    226 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2014, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

There is no such a thing as a true Christian; it doesn't exist.  All some way or another violate the laws of Christ.  Playing the lottery is one of their violations.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2014, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

There is no such a thing as a true Christian; it doesn't exist.  All some way or another violate the laws of Christ.  Playing the lottery is one of their violations.

So you set the whole thread up as a trick question to broadcast your misguided opinion. Nice. 

Your mind may already be made up - and very narrow - but if you want to play "Who's the Christian?" it can get very interesting.

Try this - one person is out in public doing 'works' and promoting a social gospel and mentioning their chucrch every chance they get. Another is also a believer who knows scripture says, "Your works are as filthy rags."

A similar game is "Who's the soldier?"  - try this one......... an Army veteran was in the infantry in Viet Nam. A co-worker of his was a Marins Reservist finance clerk stationed in Kansas City. The guy stationed in KC satys, "Bit I was a Marine."

Who's the soldier?

We could play either one of these all day long but since your mins is already made up it would be like telling a hair raising story to a bald headed man.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #153935
                        March 29, 2014
                        29 Posts
                        Posted: April 25, 2014, 12:09 am - IP Logged

It's easy to take one verse out of context and make it fit a specific ideology.  Matthew 19:24 does not condemn being rich, but it does condemn letting riches rule one's life.  When Jesus was talking to the young rich man, he was trying to tell him that he must be willing to give up everything for him and he used his wealth as an example, but it could have been anything that the young man was too attached to.  It can be a metaphor for anything, we are not to put our faith in money or people or material objects; we are to put our faith in Christ for salvation.  That is what it means to be a "true" Christian, trusting in Christ for our salvation. 

This is why in 1 Timothy 6:17-19, it says to not put your trust in money, but to trust in God and to use one's wealth for good by helping those in need. 

Also, one must take into account that there were many people in the bible that God gave wealth to.  God gave Job wealth after testing him, King Solomon was given wealth and wisdom, as well as King David.  Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were given wealth. 

Wealth, in and of itself, is not a bad thing, but you can't make it your god.  If you use it for it's main purpose, as a resource to live and to help others, then it won't be a hinderance in one's Christian walk.

amen

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6305 Posts
                          Posted: April 25, 2014, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Yes there is his Name Is JESUS!!!!!!!!!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                            Member #150370
                            December 20, 2013
                            451 Posts
                            Posted: April 25, 2014, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Yes there is his Name Is JESUS!!!!!!!!!

I Agree!

bowling Green ky
                              United States
                              Member #154383