Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any true Christians on this forum ?? can u love both GOD and LUST LOTTERY wins

Topic closed. 94 replies. Last post 3 years ago by barbara57.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Hugh Hefner !

Green laugh

hugh

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:06 am - IP Logged

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Play numbers 1142/1147/1149

Very strong hunch all states, next few days p-3 or p-4.

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:10 am - IP Logged

My understanding about gambling being an abomination is based on the Roman gaurds who cast dice for the robe of Jesus.  Otherwise the Bible is silent on the merits or evil of gambling.

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
          Member #148698
          November 9, 2013
          96 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:32 am - IP Logged

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24

Someone please tell me why true  Christians are playing the lottery?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3104 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2014, 6:54 am - IP Logged

While it isn't a good thing for anyone to lust after wealth or anything else for that matter, there is nothing Christian or un-Christian to invest a little extra money in a chance to better provide for those cared about.

BobP

Lakeland, FL
              United States
              Member #75632
              June 8, 2009
              1 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2014, 10:58 am - IP Logged

It's easy to take one verse out of context and make it fit a specific ideology.  Matthew 19:24 does not condemn being rich, but it does condemn letting riches rule one's life.  When Jesus was talking to the young rich man, he was trying to tell him that he must be willing to give up everything for him and he used his wealth as an example, but it could have been anything that the young man was too attached to.  It can be a metaphor for anything, we are not to put our faith in money or people or material objects; we are to put our faith in Christ for salvation.  That is what it means to be a "true" Christian, trusting in Christ for our salvation. 

This is why in 1 Timothy 6:17-19, it says to not put your trust in money, but to trust in God and to use one's wealth for good by helping those in need. 

Also, one must take into account that there were many people in the bible that God gave wealth to.  God gave Job wealth after testing him, King Solomon was given wealth and wisdom, as well as King David.  Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were given wealth. 

Wealth, in and of itself, is not a bad thing, but you can't make it your god.  If you use it for it's main purpose, as a resource to live and to help others, then it won't be a hinderance in one's Christian walk.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                Kentucky
                United States
                Member #35086
                March 12, 2006
                10374 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2014, 11:06 am - IP Logged

It's easy to take one verse out of context and make it fit a specific ideology.  Matthew 19:24 does not condemn being rich, but it does condemn letting riches rule one's life.  When Jesus was talking to the young rich man, he was trying to tell him that he must be willing to give up everything for him and he used his wealth as an example, but it could have been anything that the young man was too attached to.  It can be a metaphor for anything, we are not to put our faith in money or people or material objects; we are to put our faith in Christ for salvation.  That is what it means to be a "true" Christian, trusting in Christ for our salvation. 

This is why in 1 Timothy 6:17-19, it says to not put your trust in money, but to trust in God and to use one's wealth for good by helping those in need. 

Also, one must take into account that there were many people in the bible that God gave wealth to.  God gave Job wealth after testing him, King Solomon was given wealth and wisdom, as well as King David.  Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were given wealth. 

Wealth, in and of itself, is not a bad thing, but you can't make it your god.  If you use it for it's main purpose, as a resource to live and to help others, then it won't be a hinderance in one's Christian walk.

Well    Said     Thumbs Up

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                  Texas Panhandle
                  United States
                  Member #136843
                  December 20, 2012
                  1281 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Well    Said     Thumbs Up

Same from me I Agree!

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
                    Member #148698
                    November 9, 2013
                    96 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2014, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

It's funny that you mention David.

He committed adultery and had a man killed because of it. Who suffered? His son did. I thought God isn't supposed to punish a son for his father's misdeeds. (Ezekiel 18:4, 20)

David is such an outstanding example of how we all should live.Disapprove

Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
                      Minnesota
                      United States
                      Member #13028
                      March 28, 2005
                      870 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2014, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

True Christian here!

I personally do not play the lottery or play the numbers that I post here.

I actually use this forum to test mathematics theories and methods of probability against randomness (a.k.a. lottery draws).  Once I have something perfected, I may start playing for the benefit of God's people.  Until then, I serve God by using my talents in the realm of mathematical theory.

Is this sinful?  If so, I ask God for great forgiveness.

Last week, a woman came to my door and asked if I found Jesus.  I naturally responded, "I didn't know that he was lost.  Has he found you?"  Hopefully he can make his way around to your door as well.

Good luck!  Pray that my theories finally come to a revelation for us all!  Conehead

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!

United States
                        Member #145267
                        August 1, 2013
                        1534 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2014, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering atomic-dog, how is your lottery study going so far?

stonecoldpapa's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
                          everett, wa.
                          United States
                          Member #105623
                          February 3, 2011
                          1136 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2014, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Bible   is  Basic  Instructions  Before  Leaving  Earth

Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
                            Minnesota
                            United States
                            Member #13028
                            March 28, 2005
                            870 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2014, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering atomic-dog, how is your lottery study going so far?

Still formulating and testing theories and probabilities.  Once I have some solidly tested results, I will post.

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4109 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2014, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

It's funny that you mention David.

He committed adultery and had a man killed because of it. Who suffered? His son did. I thought God isn't supposed to punish a son for his father's misdeeds. (Ezekiel 18:4, 20)

David is such an outstanding example of how we all should live.Disapprove

David Repented- he was not a lying SOB, he took responsibility for his actions. Another thing to consider is that his adulterous affair had consequences, the child from that affair died. It also showed that no matter what our sin, we can be forgiven if we sincere- which David was.
                              Peter denied Jesus- forgiven. King Manasseh filled Jerusalem with blood, had Isaiah decapitated- he was forgiven.  Finger pointing does not help.
                              Repent...