Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you like/dislike Gail Howards Advantage Plus program and why?

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Ricklou.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Is the Smart Luck software helpful with Jackpot games?

Yes [ 13 ]  [56.52%]
No [ 10 ]  [43.48%]
Total Valid Votes [ 23 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19903 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2014, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! and that about sums it up! 

But the sad part is there lots of players and probably quite a few on LP that believe they can buy a program, point and click, get one unique combo, and win the jackpot.

I like to think most lottery players coming to LP are here to learn how other players are winning.  If anyone had a system that only required pointing and a click to get a jackpot winning combination there would be a story about him here.  One can only assume no such story no such system exists or if it does exists it's a secret and not for sale.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
    Baltimore, MD
    United States
    Member #143332
    May 30, 2013
    401 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2014, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I have Advantage + some people think that the people who buy lottery software buys them thinking that they rely on the software's picks as being superior to regular quick picks and that they are destined to win with them. For me anyways, that is not the case. My whole set up is about systems, trends and data. I use Lottery software to help me better organize the data. I know some people here trash systems, software etc, but if playing the lottery was strictly about buying quick picks, there would be no need for Lottery Post if that was the case.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

TasBob's avatar - 4NJ9EUA
      Bowling Green ,Florida
      United States
      Member #108735
      March 30, 2011
      4140 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2014, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Don't forget you can use it for pick 3 and pick 4

Set up your own file

File     Description   Bet size Draw Bonus Num

00001  4 Digit Pairs     6           6      0        100

91 =19    98=89 and so on

Lets say you get a Double    9355 = 39 35 59 55 90 91

From 90 to 97 are numbers not being used ,

You can also make charts for positions root sums , and so on

Hope this helps some of you

You can do 3Digit also

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2014, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I like to think most lottery players coming to LP are here to learn how other players are winning.  If anyone had a system that only required pointing and a click to get a jackpot winning combination there would be a story about him here.  One can only assume no such story no such system exists or if it does exists it's a secret and not for sale.

I think people come to LP looking for systems and we have plenty of members who will post 50 three digit numbers, say good for all states, and brag if they get a box hit in one state. Considering how many possible MM, PB and 6/49 combos there are, a system that only hits once every 10 - 20 years should be the best we should expect. But players want much more, a system that hits tonight, next week, or not longer than next month and it must have very few combos.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

My idea of playing is to play in one state (country). Of course you have the possibility here to make predictions for several states. As free member I cannot go for it with many combinations, that isn't so strange, as in normal life I cannot do that either. This would be risky and expensive.
          Many years ago, some people said that surfers should have nicknames. The consequence was that people had multiple accounts incognito, and you don't know who is who. In addition that can let people insult you or ly bricks. It isn't all so bad, a webmaster would say, just don't give your account number. That again, I would say isn't worth anything without the access code.(...)

For the technical side of the games, programmers get further, they have the fastest tool. Some regular computer users can make a few simple charts in Excel, but they have trouble to get the drawings, where some professionals have or make services.
          New players want to know how senior players do it, to get a grip somewhere. There is no real grip, as you mainly cannot win because of the weakened payouts (margin, taxes, services ...).

When you bought a program, you first are happy. You have a new toy and for you it just might be the best tool in the world, right now. I make my tools myself, and I like it that way. I have my personal input there, and when I dislike something, I can improve it. If I don't like some chart, I can modify or remove it. I am not into discussing software, I don't buy them all, I don't compare them all, I just look at the features that they offer. Mostly programs that are complete offer a service for updating drawings, offer a filter system and wheels, together with analytical charts, eventually graphs or histogram.

To me it is fun to see other programmers exposing what they wrote or found. Jade has been an encouraging inspiration. Ricky gave me his technical advice, he is gone now. (...)

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: May 17, 2014, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

"See, you actually have to know how to win to write software to automate the process." 

Players who know how to win aren't interested in automating the process to make it easier for others to win.  And others who think they know how to win have to first win to prove it or they wasting their time trying to program the process.

Are we changing the conventions for indicating quotes on LP?

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: May 17, 2014, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I have Advantage + some people think that the people who buy lottery software buys them thinking that they rely on the software's picks as being superior to regular quick picks and that they are destined to win with them. For me anyways, that is not the case. My whole set up is about systems, trends and data. I use Lottery software to help me better organize the data. I know some people here trash systems, software etc, but if playing the lottery was strictly about buying quick picks, there would be no need for Lottery Post if that was the case.

Thank you for your reply Goteki.

It is interesting that so far there are 5 votes for A+ NOT being helpful, but no input as to why?

That's not very helpful.

I use excel to organize my data, and I use A+ to calculate the data.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: May 17, 2014, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Don't forget you can use it for pick 3 and pick 4

Set up your own file

File     Description   Bet size Draw Bonus Num

00001  4 Digit Pairs     6           6      0        100

91 =19    98=89 and so on

Lets say you get a Double    9355 = 39 35 59 55 90 91

From 90 to 97 are numbers not being used ,

You can also make charts for positions root sums , and so on

Hope this helps some of you

You can do 3Digit also

Very true TasBob.

I actually once used A+ for my pick three, with the conversion of 10 20 30. It took a while for the thought to come to me.

I later saw I think Winsum, or RL posted about it in a thread a long time ago.

You create your file, and for every pick three number say  1  5  6,  you enter 11  25  36

Where the first number is the position marker.  If  0 0 0 was drawn you would enter 10  20  30

Same thing with pick four, using 10 20 30 40

On one rainy afternoon, I must have sat there for three hours, entering all the data for the last six months or so.  I was feeling good about the results.

However I was not careful, and one day, after entering the data, I pressed enter twice, instead of using F10 save, and kablooey.  I lost all the data.  I should have printed out the data immediately once it was in there.

Since there is no autoupdater for pick three, I just said screw it.  But I may try it again. But going only so far back as Jan 1 2014.  And making sure to press F10 this time.

clifford1944's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Broken Arrow Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #85721
                  January 21, 2010
                  160 Posts
                  Posted: May 20, 2014, 1:20 am - IP Logged

One thing I would like to add about LMG and A+ is that A+ is the software that runs all the tests in LMG.  Some of those tests are time consuming.  Now LMG is divided in three sections: short, med and long.  A person can use the short like me and feel fine with it and not get the A+, if short on money.  It's nice to have the A+ for sure.  But there are several tests in the LMG short that are very good and I created a one page worksheet to fill out when I want to play.  Plus LMG has some wheels.  So a player on a budget can get by with the LMG if need be.  If you don't care to do the med and long tests.

Forgive me Lottoboner and the rest of you folks that like A+ but I wonder about this:  Let's say A+ is like a good old Dodge Challenger from the 70's and it works great.  Let's say now you drive by the auto lot and see some nice sleek snazzy cars out there.  Let's say you see a lottery program with all kinds of features on it.  Have you ever been tempted to buy one and if you do which ones would you buy?  There's some really new stuff out there.  Just wondering.

Big wins.

Home, home where I wanted to be.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                    East of Columbus, OH
                    United States
                    Member #120843
                    December 28, 2011
                    451 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2014, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I bought the LMG and I really liked it and it has been a great starting point.  I wish I could get the software, but she doesn't have a version for Mac.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19903 Posts
                      Posted: May 20, 2014, 9:31 am - IP Logged

I bought the LMG and I really liked it and it has been a great starting point.  I wish I could get the software, but she doesn't have a version for Mac.

Doesn't there exits a Windows emulator for Mac machines that allow them to run Windows programs?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: May 20, 2014, 10:45 am - IP Logged

That reminds me that I can program on Mac.

Is the Smart Luck software helpful with Jackpot games?

Yes 
                        No 
                        14 Valid Votes  

Baltimore, MD
                          United States
                          Member #143332
                          May 30, 2013
                          401 Posts
                          Posted: May 20, 2014, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Their no votes would carry credibility if the actually used the software and gave a detailed explanation as to the flaws of the program which warranted  it getting a down legitimate down vote, I agree LottoBoner. The angst against systems and software by some players is like me giving a thumbs down to a movie I never even went to see just because the movie is a comedy and I don't like comedies.

Baltimore, MD
                            United States
                            Member #143332
                            May 30, 2013
                            401 Posts
                            Posted: May 20, 2014, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I'd still keep A+. I like my systems streamlined and efficient. I don't need bells and whistles but clutter up what I'm doing. So I'm like Al Bundy, I'm keeping my old Dodge aka A+ until I have a compelling reason to put her out to pasture. Big Smile

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: May 20, 2014, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Their no votes would carry credibility if the actually used the software and gave a detailed explanation as to the flaws of the program which warranted  it getting a down legitimate down vote, I agree LottoBoner. The angst against systems and software by some players is like me giving a thumbs down to a movie I never even went to see just because the movie is a comedy and I don't like comedies.

I Agree! if Advantage Plus is flawed, tell us the flaw. My guess is the "no voters" don't have a clue what AP is.