Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball: Quick Picks or Pick Your Own Numbers?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Which is the best method to use and Why?

Quick Picks [ 33 ]  [63.46%]
Picking Your Own Numbers [ 19 ]  [36.54%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
TX
United States
Member #121193
January 4, 2012
1637 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2014, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Mail For YouOk...So we're starting a Powerball Pool in my office, and we are debating on what method to use. Should we just pick our own numbers and play them every week or just allow the computer to pick the numbers for us? Your thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LH, as far as your 2 choices, depending on your mutual agreement of the members of the pool, why don't you have your associates mark a set of numbers they want on slip. Do a split of the QP's and Chosen. Should the number of members be an odd number, consider having more QP's for that draw, then on the next use the chosen numbers the next time, ex: 9 players- 5 QP & 4 Chosen slips. next draw would be 5 Chosen slips and 4 QP's.......or...

You could do like my group did, allow each player to bring in their own ticket for the respective draw(leaving it up to each player to make their own choice-QP vs Chosen). Keep a log of their numbers the day they give you the ticket and have them initial your log. You make copies of the tickets and mark on the copies of what player brought in what ticket. Keeps track of who participated and who didn't. You don't bring a ticket, you don't share in any winnings. You're out sick or on vacation and want to have another player get your ticket for you, it will be up to the other player whether they want a QP vs Chosen.
Keep the log at work, so it is accessible in case the log keeper is out, that way another player can do any entries as needed.

Just my 2 cents worth  Cool

Marana AZ
    United States
    Member #145341
    August 3, 2013
    178 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2014, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

It seems safer to play QP. If each player selected a set of numbers and theirs won, you'd see lawsuits trying to get out of splitting the money. "It was my numbers that won. Wah!!!"

Krypton
      United States
      Member #140102
      March 11, 2013
      891 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2014, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

When picking my win numbers at least guarantees me a win. QPs who knows

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4105 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2014, 12:39 am - IP Logged

l would like to think that it does not matter one bit whether its QP's or choosing one's own numbers, after all the spinning balls inside the sphere don't know which is which.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #129225
          June 13, 2012
          546 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2014, 7:20 am - IP Logged

l would like to think that it does not matter one bit whether its QP's or choosing one's own numbers, after all the spinning balls inside the sphere don't know which is which.

I agree with this!!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3854 Posts
            Posted: May 27, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Yes, couldn't agree more, after all my SP and your QP could have the very same #set.

You could have 2 winners splitting the JP, 1 w/ SP and 1 w/ QP.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1496 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

SkyLine69, I agree with what you said, because I get more wins from my own sets of numbers than I do with the QP's that I buy.

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                Elgin, IL
                United States
                Member #68867
                January 1, 2009
                1221 Posts
                Posted: May 29, 2014, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Pick your own numbers - It's the only way to go !!! -- There are combinations in every Jackpot Game......

Powerball Game - No Problem - Go To - https://app.box.com/shared/f74qiezh2r

I give you 124 Groups of combinations that make up 439 of the last 563 drawings or 77.98%

9 of these Groups have 4 out of 5 which have it twice within the date range given.  That's 18 out of the 563 drawings.  Compare that to the given odds of 1 in 455,126 just to hit it once.

The top four Powerballs are 29 20 33 32 since the last Matrix change.

**********  Be Smart ********** Play Smart *********** Win Smart ***********

Good Luck & Best Wishes To ALL............................

If you play in a pool, make sure you have everything spelled out in writing & have everyone sign off on what the rules are.....  It's called - Cover your Behind.

I am not shooting for the Grand Prize - But I believe 5 of 5 is obtainable.

Marana AZ
                  United States
                  Member #145341
                  August 3, 2013
                  178 Posts
                  Posted: June 4, 2014, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

When picking my win numbers at least guarantees me a win. QPs who knows

If that's the case, you'd be silly to play in a pool. Just play by yourself and you won't have to share with anyone.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                    Columbus, Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #128906
                    June 5, 2012
                    591 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2014, 7:13 am - IP Logged

I pick my own, however, in a pool I'd say do qp's... its going to be hard to get a group of coworkers to agree on own numbers

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2014, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Mail For YouOk...So we're starting a Powerball Pool in my office, and we are debating on what method to use. Should we just pick our own numbers and play them every week or just allow the computer to pick the numbers for us? Your thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quick picks are much easier to do and are as good as self picked combinations. Good luck Thumbs Up

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                        Member #155225
                        May 11, 2014
                        33 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2014, 10:05 am - IP Logged

First, I would like to thank everyone for their input and for taking the time to respond to my question/poll. Our lottery pool (12 members) has decided to play both ways....we're purchasing QP's for now and would like to learn more about choosing our own numbers.

@Butch2030....I looked over your file and see the repeating patterns/combinations. My question to you is this....how do you choose which group to play during any given game? And how often do you get a hit?

Again, Thanks everyone! Hurray!

IF YOU CAN SEE IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT! Banana

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19824 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2014, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

First, I would like to thank everyone for their input and for taking the time to respond to my question/poll. Our lottery pool (12 members) has decided to play both ways....we're purchasing QP's for now and would like to learn more about choosing our own numbers.

@Butch2030....I looked over your file and see the repeating patterns/combinations. My question to you is this....how do you choose which group to play during any given game? And how often do you get a hit?

Again, Thanks everyone! Hurray!

At least with QP's, the terminals can be blamed for picking the losing combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7302 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2014, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

At least with QP's, the terminals can be blamed for picking the losing combinations.

I Agree! and with no details of how many players or how much it will cost each player, the obvious choice is QPs.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                              San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1394 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2014, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Longhair
                              Assuming your pool is for the long haul, I suggest the following:
                              Add or subtract membership to form 2 or 3 six- member pools.
                              You would be a member of one team, but would also be AN UNPAID manager/coordinator.
                              You would coordinate things, keep records, in other words, manage the undertaking.
                              Each member of a 6 member pool would have responsibility for a specific Decade.
                              Member 1 would worry about the single digits, Member 2 would worry about the Teens etc Member 6 would worry about the 50s
                              Each member would  be responsible for coming up with THREE digits/numbers.
                              Total of 18 numbers.
                              You would find a 18 number wheel and generate 30 combinations.
                              You would would give each member 5 combinations.
                              They would purchase the tickets, paying with their own funds.
                              Members would provide you with proof of purchase. Some element from the ticket the lottery could use to
                              stop payment if one of your members decides to flee.
                              Your members would decide a method for choosing PB numbers.
                              Bottom line, every member contributes, every member gets an equal share.
                              The second and third teams would operate separately. They wouldn't know what the other teams are
                              doing.
                              Only the members in team with a winning ticket would get paid.

Good luck