Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

According to my retailer there is a new national lottery game coming

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 2 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11978 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2014, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I only use toilet paper from Costco because it's strength tested and very reliable.

What about lottery tickets paper?

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11978 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2014, 10:44 am - IP Logged

You know onlymoney, nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you read any particular thread.

It's real easy for me. If I see a thread that doesn't interest me, I just don't click on it.

You can save yourself so much stress this way. LOL.

Gambling Addiction? Onlymoney loves to play the lottery.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11978 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2014, 10:47 am - IP Logged

The new $5 national game is called Monopoly Millionaire's Club. It is launching October 19th. It will be accompanied by a "second chance" themed TV game show that is projected to start in February 2015 ($1 million prize). For the lottery there will be NO billion dollar jackpot or high 9 figure jackpots. Anyone who says this is lying. The game is very similar to Lotto Max in Canada. Worse odds (overall 1 in 10), though. Its jackpot will start at $25 million and be capped at $50 million. This game is basically an answer to all the complaints "Why 1 big winner and not many millionaires?" I believe it will be a once weekly draw. At least 2 states have signed on, obviously more will approve in the upcoming months.

I've said this before, the lottery industry does not look forward to billion dollar jackpots of any kind or in any game. So they will not intentionally create one.

Spending $10,000 on the new $5 Game.

United States
        Member #135804
        November 29, 2012
        318 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2014, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

$5 for the chance to win max $50 million ANNUITY? That's like $18 million after tax in a no-state-income-tax state. Most would rather play a state lotto I think

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1129 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2014, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

$5 for the chance to win max $50 million ANNUITY? That's like $18 million after tax in a no-state-income-tax state. Most would rather play a state lotto I think

Lotto Max in Canada utilizes a top prize pari-mutuel structure paid in cash. So I am thinking that the U.S. version will do the same, especially with ticket price and such a low jackpot cap (if they follow habit, it won't be though Bang Head). I haven't even seen the final matrix yet, just know that there will be 10 prize levels and all the specifics I mentioned earlier. Should know more within the next couple weeks or so.

Small correction to my original post: the game is Monopoly Millionaires' Club, as in plural possessive of millionaires Embarassed

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2014, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

As promised, I have a few more details on the game Smile

• Quick Pick
            • Drawn once per week (confirms my previous comment; starting date is the same)
            • The matrix will use a pool of 52 of which the player receives 5. The player also receives an additional 1 of 28 "properties." This is basically equivalent to a 5/52 + 1/28 balls game, except themed with Monopoly board game features. (Edit: The matrix may be 5 of 52 balls + 1 of 28 properties, where player receives 5 numbers and a "property" instead of a bonus number. This was a little vague to me.) If I am calculating correctly, that gives top prize odds of 1 in 72,770,880. I am fuzzy on whether they will actually use mechanical balls or a RNG (!). This was not mentioned from my source.
            • Prize payout is actually WORSE than I originally heard back in April....it will only be 49.54% of sales! Cussing Face
            • Odds and number of prize levels are same as previously stated. There will be guaranteed $1 million cash prizes (similar to Lotto Max) at the starting jackpot, and there will be additional $1 million prizes per roll. Also, there will be opportunities for individual states to offer instant redeemable prizes and other promotions, i.e. "Free Parking" = Free Ticket
            • Second chance game will be similar to McDonald's Monopoly promotion. You collect tickets and once you make the board you get entries into the game show. Social media and mobile is going to play a large part of this aspect of the game.

I have to admit, this is definitely different from traditional draw games, especially for a national platform. Should be interesting.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #129225
              June 13, 2012
              546 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2014, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

As promised, I have a few more details on the game Smile

• Quick Pick
              • Drawn once per week (confirms my previous comment; starting date is the same)
              • The matrix will use a pool of 52 of which the player receives 5. The player also receives an additional 1 of 28 "properties." This is basically equivalent to a 5/52 + 1/28 balls game, except themed with Monopoly board game features. (Edit: The matrix may be 5 of 52 balls + 1 of 28 properties, where player receives 5 numbers and a "property" instead of a bonus number. This was a little vague to me.) If I am calculating correctly, that gives top prize odds of 1 in 72,770,880. I am fuzzy on whether they will actually use mechanical balls or a RNG (!). This was not mentioned from my source.
              • Prize payout is actually WORSE than I originally heard back in April....it will only be 49.54% of sales! Cussing Face
              • Odds and number of prize levels are same as previously stated. There will be guaranteed $1 million cash prizes (similar to Lotto Max) at the starting jackpot, and there will be additional $1 million prizes per roll. Also, there will be opportunities for individual states to offer instant redeemable prizes and other promotions, i.e. "Free Parking" = Free Ticket
              • Second chance game will be similar to McDonald's Monopoly promotion. You collect tickets and once you make the board you get entries into the game show. Social media and mobile is going to play a large part of this aspect of the game.

I have to admit, this is definitely different from traditional draw games, especially for a national platform. Should be interesting.

Thanks for the info.  I think it is a game I will pass on I do not like the McDonald's Monopoly game and I do not like the game show idea.  We had a game show in Indiana for years and I never played any of the promotions to enter it.  I am sure it will be interesting for those who like these types of games.

Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2014, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I also have some more info on the second-chance TV show:

• As CT mentioned, it will be taped in Vegas as a 1-hour prime time game show.
                • Monopoly theme featuring 6-7 mini-games with $100,000 top prize (audience divided up for each game)
                • Bonus round with $1,000,000 top prize (projected to be won 7 times per year)
                • Each lottery represented by at minimum 3 winners, with the remainder distributed according to lottery sales (proportional). There will be 250 winners (plus guest) per studio audience. They are looking to produce 13 shows per season.
                • Second-chance entries into the game show are determined by the value of the lottery player's Monopoly (created by collecting tickets, as mentioned above). All of this involves the player entering Monopoly codes into a promotional website.
                • Winners picked to attend the show will receive a trip for two for 4 days/3 nights including spending money etc. (Vegas will be happy about that Wink)
                • As part of the show there will be "play at home" type elements like you see with the talent voting shows etc.

I am more interested in the lottery aspect, but I think this type of second-chance promotion is unprecedented on a national scale. The show will be syndicated and we all know that television is driven by ratings and advertising. I wonder that if the game show fails whether they will stop the draw portion too. They're aiming to surpass Powerball's weekly per capita sales, and the TV show is critical to this. If it succeeds then I hear that they will make the push towards a $10 draw game.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #149492
                  December 2, 2013
                  919 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2014, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

You mention Quick Pick a few posts above.  Do we have no ability to select our own numbers?

Happyland
                    United States
                    Member #146344
                    September 1, 2013
                    1129 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2014, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

You mention Quick Pick a few posts above.  Do we have no ability to select our own numbers?

To be honest this was very unclear to me. The exact wording on the materials says "5 of 52 + 1 of 28 properties quick pick" and my source tells me instead of getting the bonus as a number you get it as a property. So I am confused as to whether the entire line is quick pick or just the property is quick pick. What? One of the lottery directors mentioned having "more control" so it very well could be the whole line as quick pick. At first I thought both 5/52 and 1/28 were properties (since the objective is basically like the Monopoly game), but because nobody has explicitly said the 5/52 are properties, it is possible that just the 1/28 is property and the 5/52 are numbers/balls (after all, there are only 28 properties in Monopoly). Source tells me the game is drawn just like PB and MM and the top prize is lump sum. I should be able to get further clarifications late next week.

Happyland
                      United States
                      Member #146344
                      September 1, 2013
                      1129 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2014, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Okay, I have some confirmations/clarifications about the game. Everything seems to come in bits and pieces but we're getting there Smile

As mentioned, the game draws 5 out of a pool of 52 and 1 out of a pool of 28. The 5/52 is indeed a number matrix. This will be available as user-selected OR quick pick. The 1/28 is a property matrix and this is quick pick ONLY. So a typical playslip will have only numbers but the ticket could look like "01-02-03-04-05 + Park Place," where I can choose the numbers but the property is chosen for me.

Additionally, a Millionaires' Club number will be printed on every ticket, and this will be used for the second-chance and $1 million Club prizes. This may have already been mentioned. There are a couple of key differences from Canada's Lotto Max. The Lotto Max million dollar prizes are not available until the jackpot reaches its cap, and they are not "guaranteed." In Monopoly Millionaires' Club, they will be guaranteed and are distributed whenever the jackpot is hit, regardless of whether it has reached the cap. Basically it will be like a raffle...the $1 million prizes are drawn from the pool of Club numbers (tickets) previously printed. So that's an interesting tidbit. I think most everyone knew that already, but thought I would reiterate it.

Btw, I am unsure if Advance Play will be available; the Monopoly playslip I have seen does not have this option. I think it might cause an issue with the Club numbers, which is why it was not present. We'll see. I still haven't seen what the prize structure looks like but by my estimates it will likely be heavily skewed where the lower 70% of prizes are small. I think it will be like that due to the low payout and rolling $1 million prizes, along with the other second-chance opportunities. I am hoping to get new info about the lower winner tiers later this week, perhaps even a full prize matrix.

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                        Member #154519
                        April 19, 2014
                        243 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

This game sounds too complicated for me.  I think I'll skip it LOL.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5591 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Google Monopoly Millionaires Club and you can read all about it.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                            Member #154519
                            April 19, 2014
                            243 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Just explain the game to me in 10 words or less.  I'm not going to read a whole bunch of paragraphs

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                              Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              993 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Seems like everybody wants to capitalize on the "Monopoly" brand name.  McDonalds, slot machines, and now a lottery game.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are already Monopoly themed scratch tickets.  Seems boring to me, but to each their own.

Jimmy