Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California again? (Powerball)

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Portland, OR
United States
Member #145973
August 20, 2013
226 Posts
Posted: September 25, 2014, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

They have to do something to get some excitement into this thing.  I want to hear about 1/2 a billion jackpots both in MM and PW more often.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2014, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

jjtheprince:

"Uhh seriously this is getting old, no one outside of California has a fair shot at winning any MUSL game!"

Is this the same jjtheprince who has been saying these games are too easy to hit?

<Insert Looney Tunes theme here>

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2014, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

jjtheprince:

"Uhh seriously this is getting old, no one outside of California has a fair shot at winning any MUSL game!"

Is this the same jjtheprince who has been saying these games are too easy to hit?

<Insert Looney Tunes theme here>

Only outside of California apparently ROFL

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1496 Posts
        Posted: September 25, 2014, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that's going to happen.  I'm hearing more and more people are either pulling out or pulling back on their spending or waiting for the jackpot to get really high to put their money into powerball or mega millions.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: September 25, 2014, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

jjtgheprince, Sep 6, 2014,

What is the best way to win the lottery?  thread in discussions:

September 6, 2014, 4:59 pm -

Buy your tickets in the right state.  If you buy them in California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, or Michigan it's almost impossible to lose!

and today, 9-25-14

Which is it jj?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #106134
            February 13, 2011
            806 Posts
            Posted: September 25, 2014, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Well as we have seen, it's too easy to win if you play in California.  All you have to do is buy tickets in the Bay Area & BAM you're a winner.

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: September 25, 2014, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Well as we have seen, it's too easy to win if you play in California.  All you have to do is buy tickets in the Bay Area & BAM you're a winner.

How easy was it for the other millions of Californian losers to win? Not too easy was it?

People winning more often in Cali is an illusion. Why can't some of you people get this already, especially with related threads not too in the distant? Your chance is still the same if you bet on Earth or on Mars. Those numbers are just general stats, not a representation of an advantage living in Cali.

Imposing caps on how many tickets an individual residing in Cali is not a solution, as some of you have suggested. I have a hard time believing that was even on the table.  lol

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2014, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I bet the millions of other California residents who bought tickets and didn't win don't feel that way.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: September 26, 2014, 6:39 am - IP Logged

Uhh seriously this is getting old, no one outside of California has a fair shot at winning any MUSL game!

The time has come to kick them out of all MUSL games.  They can have their own state lottery and all 38 million residents can win it & split the change.

Maybe the government should tax CA jackpots at a 99% rate hahaha. 

No congrats to whoever won, hopefully they end up worse than David Lee Edwards.

The time has come to kick them out of all MUSL games.

I think you should take that idea one step further and propose to kick out everyone who plays the lottery. Also...

no one outside of California has a fair shot at winning any MUSL game!

Maybe instead we make a petition that allows the rest of the states to select the full range of number combinations? It's no fair we can't select combinations that those in California can.

Am I doing the I don't understand how the lottery works routine correct? Maybe if I bang my head on the wall a few times then spray paint something in a poorly ventilated room I might get a better comprehension of it.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #129225
                    June 13, 2012
                    546 Posts
                    Posted: September 26, 2014, 7:21 am - IP Logged

I bet the millions of other California residents who bought tickets and didn't win don't feel that way.

I completely agree with this. There were millions of losing tickets in California.  Congratulations to the one lucky ticket holder! Now on to the next drawing.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: September 26, 2014, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                        Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #104962
                        January 23, 2011
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: September 26, 2014, 9:46 am - IP Logged

How easy was it for the other millions of Californian losers to win? Not too easy was it?

People winning more often in Cali is an illusion. Why can't some of you people get this already, especially with related threads not too in the distant? Your chance is still the same if you bet on Earth or on Mars. Those numbers are just general stats, not a representation of an advantage living in Cali.

Imposing caps on how many tickets an individual residing in Cali is not a solution, as some of you have suggested. I have a hard time believing that was even on the table.  lol

Most of us don't care if millions of other californians lost.  Every single time california wins a jackpot right after a recent one PB or MM,  it solidifies my claims even more.

I say let california have MM and PB and let the other states that aren't california, new york, or florida, or any other that has more population then other states,  so the others can create a separate lottery without those states.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                          Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #104962
                          January 23, 2011
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: September 26, 2014, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #129225
                            June 13, 2012
                            546 Posts
                            Posted: September 26, 2014, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Most of us don't care if millions of other californians lost.  Every single time california wins a jackpot right after a recent one PB or MM,  it solidifies my claims even more.

I say let california have MM and PB and let the other states that aren't california, new york, or florida, or any other that has more population then other states,  so the others can create a separate lottery without those states.

And no one would play because the jackpots would grow too slowly!!  Then if a smaller state won more than one jackpot we would have to kick them out also.  Or maybe if you don't like the big games just play your own state lottery and just maybe someone visiting your state from California would win it!!

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
                              Baltimore, MD
                              United States
                              Member #143332
                              May 30, 2013
                              398 Posts
                              Posted: September 26, 2014, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Last year there was one winner from California on Oct 23, 2013. I should have worded it better. I should have said for the year of 2013 California had 1 winner.  The main story however is that 44% of the PB wins "this year" have come from California.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana