Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing The Lottery Less Often Is The Best Strategy To Win A Lottery Jackpot Someday.

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 2 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
12118 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2014, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I concur......... already spent my next buck on Tuesday !!!!  Patriot

LOTTERY DRAW GAMES TICKETS WILL COST $5

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5761 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2014, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

LOTTERY DRAW GAMES TICKETS WILL COST $5

I drop $2 on PB, but when tics go higher, I'll drop that game and just play the ones that are a buck.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      12118 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2014, 9:02 am - IP Logged

I drop $2 on PB, but when tics go higher, I'll drop that game and just play the ones that are a buck.

Your chances of developing a gambling addiction are greater by spending $1 on the lottery versus $5 or $10.

You will be playing the lottery more often, because it will be easier to spend $1 versus $5 or $10 on the lottery.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
        Columbus, Ohio
        United States
        Member #128906
        June 5, 2012
        598 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2014, 9:08 am - IP Logged

We'll, I guess it's a good thing I don't rely on winning the lottery as my financial plan.

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          12118 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2014, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

We'll, I guess it's a good thing I don't rely on winning the lottery as my financial plan.

I DO NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY.

I DID NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY TODAY.

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY.

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

THE RISK AVERSE LOTTERY PLAYER USES A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE HIS OR HER LOSSES.

A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LOTTERY PLAYER OVER THE LONG TERM.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            12118 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2014, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

You're right.  This does NOT sound like a wise investment of $$$ for a "lottery" game.

If I am reading this correctly, you pick 5/52 numbers, but The Monopoly property 1/28 number [which is like the "Power Ball" of this game] is a Quick Pick Only and will automatically generate on the ticket at purchase.  This means that the computer always picks your power number. You cannot pick your own power number, and therefore you will not win the jackpot unless the computer picks the right power number. Each play  costs $5, so wheeling would be cost prohibitive, i.e. too expensive !!!

RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLAYING THE LOTTERY LESS OFTEN IS THE BEST STRATEGY TO WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT SOMEDAY.

Your chances of developing a gambling addiction are greater by spending $1 on the lottery versus $5 or $10.

You will be playing the lottery more often, because it will be easier to spend $1 versus $5 or $10 on the lottery.

I do not mind spending $5 for a lottery game that allows me to win the smaller prizes more often.

Winning the smaller prizes more often allows you to play for free.

Powerball and Mega Millions smaller prizes are so hard to win that playing those games more often is insane.

LOTTERY PLAYERS ARE FORGETTING THAT MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES' CLUB OFFERS 9 OTHER WAYS OF WINNING PRIZES. I LOVE THE IDEA OF MATCHING 2 NUMBERS AND GETTING MY $5 BACK.

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              12118 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2014, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY IS IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY.

THE LOTTERY PICKS THE WINNERS AND LOSERS FOR EVERY LOTTERY GAME.

LOTTERY GAMES ARE NOT RANDOM.

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                12118 Posts
                Posted: October 20, 2014, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

WELCOME TO THE LOTTERY MATRIX.

FREE YOUR MIND.

PLAYING THE LOTTERY VERSUS NOT PLAYING THE LOTTERY.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: October 20, 2014, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

WELCOME TO THE LOTTERY MATRIX.

FREE YOUR MIND.

PLAYING THE LOTTERY VERSUS NOT PLAYING THE LOTTERY.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

I commend you for putting the truth out there on a regular basis. It takes balls (no pun intended) to insist on the masses to realize their folly.

Thumbs Up

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: October 20, 2014, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY IS IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY.

THE LOTTERY PICKS THE WINNERS AND LOSERS FOR EVERY LOTTERY GAME.

LOTTERY GAMES ARE NOT RANDOM.

I notice that right after the PB and MM draws if there is no jackpot winner, it is stuck on pending for 2 hours,  but when there is a winner, it is known instantly what state the winner is in.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                      Happyland
                      United States
                      Member #146344
                      September 1, 2013
                      1131 Posts
                      Posted: October 20, 2014, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

I notice that right after the PB and MM draws if there is no jackpot winner, it is stuck on pending for 2 hours,  but when there is a winner, it is known instantly what state the winner is in.

Possible reason: whenever there is a winner, the lottery doesn't have to wait for ALL the states to report their sales....just the one(s) with winner(s). When there isn't a winner, the lottery has to wait until all the states report to make sure that indeed, there is no winner(s).

It is actually almost known instantly every time, but the lottery has to do their due diligence in verifying from all the states and vendors. Then again, they and the states are often slow at updating their website. For instance, several times I have gotten the data 30 minutes before it was posted.

Would be interesting to see data on the timings of jackpot winner/no-winner releases.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        12118 Posts
                        Posted: October 21, 2014, 8:48 am - IP Logged

I commend you for putting the truth out there on a regular basis. It takes balls (no pun intended) to insist on the masses to realize their folly.

Thumbs Up

I feel that today lottery players are very educated. They have good money management skills. The lottery keep coming out with new games, because lottery players are demanding higher payouts from the lottery.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          12118 Posts
                          Posted: October 21, 2014, 8:53 am - IP Logged

The lottery is not random, because they only pay back 50% of tickets sale. They pay back $50,000 in prizes to lottery players for every $100,000 from sales.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            12118 Posts
                            Posted: October 21, 2014, 8:56 am - IP Logged

Possible reason: whenever there is a winner, the lottery doesn't have to wait for ALL the states to report their sales....just the one(s) with winner(s). When there isn't a winner, the lottery has to wait until all the states report to make sure that indeed, there is no winner(s).

It is actually almost known instantly every time, but the lottery has to do their due diligence in verifying from all the states and vendors. Then again, they and the states are often slow at updating their website. For instance, several times I have gotten the data 30 minutes before it was posted.

Would be interesting to see data on the timings of jackpot winner/no-winner releases.

The lottery cannot survive by paying back only 50% in prizes to lottery players. I think that Monopoly Mollionaires' Club payout in prizes is 60%. The lottery should pay back 70% in prizes to lottery plsyers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5761 Posts
                              Posted: October 21, 2014, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

The lottery cannot survive by paying back only 50% in prizes to lottery players. I think that Monopoly Mollionaires' Club payout in prizes is 60%. The lottery should pay back 70% in prizes to lottery plsyers.

It's called making a profit. If a business doesn't make a profit, there's no point in being in business.

In my business, a store has to make at minimum a 40% mark, or there is not enough profit to pay the help, pay the bills and still keep the doors open. Really, a 50% mark is where we have to be to be financially healthy.

It's not charity. Profit is not a dirty word.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)