Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New England's Lucky For Life.

Topic closed. 266 replies. Last post 11 months ago by aux8b.

Page 10 of 18
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2015, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Hi CW! Yes that was very helpful info. Now that you mention it I remember you started a thread on this game a month or so ago. Didn't realize it would take 3 weeks for my subscription to start. I've had subscriptions for Tri State Megabucks before and it started within a week of ordering it. That was thru the NH lottery tho.

Bummer that I have to wait until June, but I'm still gonna get my subscription in today. Guess I'm gonna have to play L4L for a few weeks as much as I really don't want to.

Yes ... that was my shock back in March when the jackpot was $4 million plus. I called hoping to be in for the next drawing and found out about the three week delay.

I called in on a Monday in early March and ordered tickets ... two days later on Wed night ... the very next drawing, the jackpot was hit and the new starting jackpot on Saturday was $500,000 for five drawings ... so I went through some of those low drawings waiting for my subscription to start ... at least I wasn't wasting some of my subscription on those lower jackpots.

It has built up to a nice amount for this Saturday ... it's higher than the PA 6/49 game ... these days it never gets over $1 million anymore ... used to be $4 million, then $2 million and this year so far all jackpots are getting hit at $1 million or lower.

I have a theory that many people in PA are tired of losing money and have given up on the MM and PB games with the high odds and are putting their money on the 6/49 game with better odds and hoping to finally win something, even a lower jackpot.

That's only my theory ... can't actually prove it ... it's what I'm doing. So I have a shot in two states on a 6/49 game ... maybe something! ... maybe nothing!

CW

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
    New Hampshire
    United States
    Member #136492
    December 12, 2012
    322 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2015, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Yes ... that was my shock back in March when the jackpot was $4 million plus. I called hoping to be in for the next drawing and found out about the three week delay.

I called in on a Monday in early March and ordered tickets ... two days later on Wed night ... the very next drawing, the jackpot was hit and the new starting jackpot on Saturday was $500,000 for five drawings ... so I went through some of those low drawings waiting for my subscription to start ... at least I wasn't wasting some of my subscription on those lower jackpots.

It has built up to a nice amount for this Saturday ... it's higher than the PA 6/49 game ... these days it never gets over $1 million anymore ... used to be $4 million, then $2 million and this year so far all jackpots are getting hit at $1 million or lower.

I have a theory that many people in PA are tired of losing money and have given up on the MM and PB games with the high odds and are putting their money on the 6/49 game with better odds and hoping to finally win something, even a lower jackpot.

That's only my theory ... can't actually prove it ... it's what I'm doing. So I have a shot in two states on a 6/49 game ... maybe something! ... maybe nothing!

CW

CW- You were right on the money with what you were saying about my subscription start date. My first drawing will be Wednesday, June 3rd. I bought 5 lines for 13 weeks. $125 plus $4 for mailing me the ticket. Not bad for 13 weeks when I'm used to paying $2 per play. Good luck to you as well with the remainder of your subscription.

Looks like I'm gonna have to play L4L for the next few weeks. I'll post some predictions on Monday.

United States
      Member #161539
      December 3, 2014
      328 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2015, 7:21 am - IP Logged

CW- You were right on the money with what you were saying about my subscription start date. My first drawing will be Wednesday, June 3rd. I bought 5 lines for 13 weeks. $125 plus $4 for mailing me the ticket. Not bad for 13 weeks when I'm used to paying $2 per play. Good luck to you as well with the remainder of your subscription.

Looks like I'm gonna have to play L4L for the next few weeks. I'll post some predictions on Monday.

msharkey ... hope you also get some hits on your tickets. Would it be too far for you drive to MA to play the Megabucks game till your subscription does start? I'm thinking one trip to play advance drawings till June 3rd ... but then you don't get the Doubler shot ... that's only with a subscription and not through a lottery terminal, if I understand it correctly.

Did you play your own numbers or get all computer picks?

Anyway ... good luck ... June 3rd will be here shortly, then Labor Day and another Summer is over !!!

Need a hit really bad ... I have all these ideas and plans and no money to make them happen ... probably the same story for many lottery players.

... I heard something crazy once on a radio show many years ago ... I think the guy was talking about various things to do to for a lottery hit or "good fortune". The only thing I remember was him saying ... when there's a full moon, you take your empty wallet outside and while looking up at the moon ... you shout "Fill it up!" three times.

I haven't gone that far yet but maybe "desperate times call for desperate measures" !!!

If anybody ever actually does this and it works ... let us know.

New Hampshire
        United States
        Member #136492
        December 12, 2012
        322 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2015, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

msharkey ... hope you also get some hits on your tickets. Would it be too far for you drive to MA to play the Megabucks game till your subscription does start? I'm thinking one trip to play advance drawings till June 3rd ... but then you don't get the Doubler shot ... that's only with a subscription and not through a lottery terminal, if I understand it correctly.

Did you play your own numbers or get all computer picks?

Anyway ... good luck ... June 3rd will be here shortly, then Labor Day and another Summer is over !!!

Need a hit really bad ... I have all these ideas and plans and no money to make them happen ... probably the same story for many lottery players.

... I heard something crazy once on a radio show many years ago ... I think the guy was talking about various things to do to for a lottery hit or "good fortune". The only thing I remember was him saying ... when there's a full moon, you take your empty wallet outside and while looking up at the moon ... you shout "Fill it up!" three times.

I haven't gone that far yet but maybe "desperate times call for desperate measures" !!!

If anybody ever actually does this and it works ... let us know.

Hi CW, I'm about a 40 minute drive from the Mass state line. If I were about 15-20 minutes closer I would make the drive down for tickets. Yes I picked my own numbers for all five of my lines. I always pick my own for my subscriptions. I haven't played L4L since the first matrix change back in September 2013. I've got a few weeks to kill until my subscription kicks in so I'll give it a try. My live numbers for tomorrow nights drawing are as follows:

4-7-12-25-40 LB 5

15-19-26-28-37 LB 9

8-17-20-23-45 LB 12

14-18-29-42-47 LB 13

2-7-21-24-34 LB 15

Good Luck with your various game picks CW, and good luck to all playing L4L tomorrow.

New Hampshire
          United States
          Member #136492
          December 12, 2012
          322 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2015, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

CW- I forgot to mention that every 10th Megabucks ticket prints up and says "this is a doubler ticket" for purchases in person at a lottery terminal.

MS

United States
            Member #161539
            December 3, 2014
            328 Posts
            Posted: May 18, 2015, 6:07 am - IP Logged

CW- I forgot to mention that every 10th Megabucks ticket prints up and says "this is a doubler ticket" for purchases in person at a lottery terminal.

MS

msharkey ... thanks for the information on how the Doubler works on lottery terminal tickets ... might be important to people driving to MA for tickets.

I also want to add some additional information to my earlier post about the full moon and empty wallet thing ... in case anyone is inclined to "try out" this good fortune ritual. I left out a very important part of the ritual ... some additional facts came into my head as I gave it more thought from hearing this on the radio many years ago.

So on the night of a full moon ... you go outside with your empty wallet and while looking at the full moon, you raise your empty wallet toward the full moon and "shake" it while at the same time saying "Fill it up!" three times.

I left out the "shake" part before ... had to clarify this ... something like that could mean all the difference between complete success or failure !!!

Of course, if you live in the country with no close neighbors then a person can go at it, knock yourself out ... living in an area with houses everywhere could be a problem ... unless you can convince everyone to join you ... make it a real night of fun ... hamburgers, hot dogs and etc while waiting for the full Moon to rise.

... from the MA Lottery:

NOTE: The "ST Doubler" number displayed applies to Megabucks Season Ticket entries ONLY. Click here for an explanation of Megabuck$ Doubler and "ST Doubler".

Explanation of Megabucks Doubler

One in ten Megabucks Tickets included in the drawings of May 2, 2009, or later will automatically be included in the new Megabucks Doubler feature. The tickets issued will indicate if it is a doubler or non-doubler ticket. If your ticket is a doubler ticket and you win a non-jackpot prize your prize will be doubled! See main Megabucks page for more information.

Explanation of Season Ticket Doubler (ST Doubler)

Owners of active Megabucks Season Tickets will also have the opportunity to have their non-jackpot prizes doubled!

After every Megabucks Doubler drawing, the Lottery will randomly draw and post on www.masslottery.com a Season Ticket Doubler Number (ST Doubler) from 0 through 9 that will correspond to the last number of the Megabucks Season Ticket's control number. (See images below for location of this number) The Megabucks Season Ticket's control number will remain the same for each drawing. The randomly drawn Season Ticket Doubler Number (ST Doubler) and the winning numbers for each drawing will be posted on our website as well as recorded with the winning numbers at 781-848-7755. If the last digit of the control number on your Season Ticket matches the Season Ticket Doubler Number and the Season Ticket has won a non-jackpot prize, the non-jackpot prize value will be doubled!

New Hampshire
              United States
              Member #136492
              December 12, 2012
              322 Posts
              Posted: May 18, 2015, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Haha Crazy Wombat that's quite the ritual. Too bad there's no full moon for another few weeks. Any serious L4L player ought to consider doing it to try and reverse this 21 month no grand prize winning losing streak.

Maryland
                United States
                Member #162434
                January 2, 2015
                886 Posts
                Posted: May 21, 2015, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Delaware ran a PROMO for Lucky for Life (LFL) in part of April & May.  It had 3 different time periods you could get a bonus free tickets, down to the last time period - May 18-21st >>> Play $6 of LFL and get 1 FP.

Not sure if this is worth spending the $6 Disapprove

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: May 22, 2015, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Delaware ran a PROMO for Lucky for Life (LFL) in part of April & May.  It had 3 different time periods you could get a bonus free tickets, down to the last time period - May 18-21st >>> Play $6 of LFL and get 1 FP.

Not sure if this is worth spending the $6 Disapprove

I try to take advantage of any offers they present to us. I'm back to playing L4L at the rate of one line every draw. I bought myself a ticket with advanced play for 10 draws

That money's gone fo ever

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: June 7, 2015, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm not overly impressed by this game but the top prize of $5.7M is still a whole lot of dough. For 6/8/2015 I'll try these first 3 lines and watch the last 2

03-15-33-36-42 LB 06

06-09-27-30-36 LB 06

12-21-24-39-42 LB 06

07-17-19-28-32 LB 06

04-18-22-23-27 LB 06

That money's gone fo ever

Presque Isle, ME
                      United States
                      Member #149019
                      November 17, 2013
                      25 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2015, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Hello, 

found this thread a bit ago and am just as discouraged with this game as you are. Have been playing pretty constantly since last October and haven't came close. They really need to lower the odds as they're pretty bad for a lump sum prize of 5.7mil. Anyway I bought 5 lines tonight. 3 self and 2 qp. Fingers crossed!

Presque Isle, ME
                        United States
                        Member #149019
                        November 17, 2013
                        25 Posts
                        Posted: June 8, 2015, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Winning numbers

4 8 13 19 31 LB 5

mine

2 6 27 34 42 Lb 10 MP -Lost

04 05 06 23 29 LB 14 MP -Lost

07 08 34 36 39 LB 15 MP -Lost

01 20 24 45 48 LB 02 QP -Lost

04 19 21 27 37 LB 02 QP -$3

yay won some back :/

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #93503
                          July 1, 2010
                          453 Posts
                          Posted: June 9, 2015, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Winning numbers

4 8 13 19 31 LB 5

mine

2 6 27 34 42 Lb 10 MP -Lost

04 05 06 23 29 LB 14 MP -Lost

07 08 34 36 39 LB 15 MP -Lost

01 20 24 45 48 LB 02 QP -Lost

04 19 21 27 37 LB 02 QP -$3

yay won some back :/

Better then I did on my 3 picks I had

5-16-29-34-43 lb 7

2-8-14-20-35 lb 13

and a qp 7-18-23-25-26 lb 17

Maryland
                            United States
                            Member #162434
                            January 2, 2015
                            886 Posts
                            Posted: June 9, 2015, 7:20 am - IP Logged

Not sure WHY I chose to play this game last night - hit 1+1.  Not sure if going to play again soon as still no jackpot winner that I have seen.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                              South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #77167
                              July 15, 2009
                              554 Posts
                              Posted: June 9, 2015, 9:44 am - IP Logged

I stopped playing this months ago--decided to play Cash 5 instead. Good luck to all.

Page 10 of 18