Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This makes no sense whatsoever- agree, disagree- what?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

It's easy Californians.  Just change your law and get rid of that pari thieving system. If your politicians refuse to change the law then throw them out. In this social network era it's easy to organize small people.

I don't believe it's a thieving situation. Parimutuels exist because there aren't enough people who play the game to justify the state's expected revenue and pay everyone the same amount as a result. In this way, the JP or even a p-3/p-4 game is divided amongst the winners, as opposed to the same payout for everyone. 

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
    TX
    United States
    Member #121193
    January 4, 2012
    1637 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

You know what comes from Texas?  steers and flamers.

I have heard that before KD.....Ya forgot to mention gas & oil..thanks for the reminder....but we don't have anything close to SanFran  LOL

foemill's avatar - nw scandix.jpg
      TN
      United States
      Member #109927
      April 22, 2011
      3643 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2014, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

You are living in a different world!

It is a national game and all payouts SHOULD be uniform for all that play. You are entitled to the same as someone with the same winning numbers you have, it's nothing about greed. Your post is absolutely ludiaris!!

I Agree!  IT'S our money to start with not the States and it should be given back to us if we  hit the numbers, they  keep more than they should to begin with..........get real......

Have a great day, Hit a str8.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2014, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  IT'S our money to start with not the States and it should be given back to us if we  hit the numbers, they  keep more than they should to begin with..........get real......

If you know the rules ahead of time, then don't play. The states who have those parimutuel systems are doing it for a purpose. You can't force a state to lose money just because there are enough people who are opposed to it and try to change the law. They'd be laughed out of court. It's all about money.

Just like this whole Ebola scam, scare mongering.

The Catholic church alone received 200 million bucks for aiding the illegal children coming through the border. Money talks and that's all there is to it. I'm not picking on the church, many other organizations also profit on a crisis. it's the American way !

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1707 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2014, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

You are living in a different world!

It is a national game and all payouts SHOULD be uniform for all that play. You are entitled to the same as someone with the same winning numbers you have, it's nothing about greed. Your post is absolutely ludiaris!!

Ludiaris ???  Take some of the Excessive Money you Dream of Winning, and buy a Dictionary !!!

foemill's avatar - nw scandix.jpg
            TN
            United States
            Member #109927
            April 22, 2011
            3643 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2014, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

If you know the rules ahead of time, then don't play. The states who have those parimutuel systems are doing it for a purpose. You can't force a state to lose money just because there are enough people who are opposed to it and try to change the law. They'd be laughed out of court. It's all about money.

Just like this whole Ebola scam, scare mongering.

The Catholic church alone received 200 million bucks for aiding the illegal children coming through the border. Money talks and that's all there is to it. I'm not picking on the church, many other organizations also profit on a crisis. it's the American way !

power ball 125 million

mega million 224 million

where do u think the money came from Thudall I got to say......

Have a great day, Hit a str8.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
              If you don't like it, spit it out!
              United States
              Member #4756
              May 23, 2004
              3433 Posts
              Posted: October 24, 2014, 4:56 am - IP Logged

Ludiaris ???  Take some of the Excessive Money you Dream of Winning, and buy a Dictionary !!!

`At best... a very weak reply. Not unlike your other postings. Disapprove

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                If you don't like it, spit it out!
                United States
                Member #4756
                May 23, 2004
                3433 Posts
                Posted: October 24, 2014, 5:10 am - IP Logged

Calm down now.

If perhaps you read what I said, that was exactly my point, but I was responding more to the LUDICROUS statement from the quoted content in my post. Got me a pocket dictionary.

Give me a get real yee-haw! Thud

United States
                  Member #106134
                  February 13, 2011
                  806 Posts
                  Posted: October 25, 2014, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad they do that in California, they win too much anyway.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: October 25, 2014, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe it's a thieving situation. Parimutuels exist because there aren't enough people who play the game to justify the state's expected revenue and pay everyone the same amount as a result. In this way, the JP or even a p-3/p-4 game is divided amongst the winners, as opposed to the same payout for everyone. 

It must be tough taking a payment of one quarter what others are taking home because of a local rule.

That money's gone fo ever

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                      Nutley, New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #131058
                      August 1, 2012
                      875 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2014, 2:15 am - IP Logged

WB- my issue is with how low the payout was for these two people given that California throws in the lion's share of the money.I would have thought that they would have seen some serious crown North of $600K, not under $200k. I hope that clears up the misunderstanding. Getting $166K on a $200million jackpot for 2nd place  is " insane"..IMO.

Peace!

I thought you said people are happy to have won something in the first place. Then by your own words people should be happy to win $166K for second place on a $200 mil jackpot.

here is what you wrote. This is a direct copy and paste:

"l don't care what the other States are paying out neither do the majority of Californians. In order for this to make much sense, we need to read of 2nd place jackpot winners from California complaining about the amount they should have won- thing is: we don't, reason being people are happy to have won something in the first place."

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/260913

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4111 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2014, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I thought you said people are happy to have won something in the first place. Then by your own words people should be happy to win $166K for second place on a $200 mil jackpot.

here is what you wrote. This is a direct copy and paste:

"l don't care what the other States are paying out neither do the majority of Californians. In order for this to make much sense, we need to read of 2nd place jackpot winners from California complaining about the amount they should have won- thing is: we don't, reason being people are happy to have won something in the first place."

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/260913

True- you got me there. I will do a Mea Culpa... However " being happy to have won something in the first place" must also be seen in a provincial light, meaning it must " make sense" in the grand scheme of things. 

** Going to all the trouble to search out my past postings to put me in a corner leaves me with a grin on my face. I am impressed with your dedication to be proven right... My young Apprentice!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.