Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

dishonest store clerks

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 2 years ago by arms1970.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago, Il
United States
Member #155131
May 9, 2014
28 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2015, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

You always count your money. If he told ME to move along, he would of heard what i had to say and then some. Why put up with any of these neanderthalls?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2015, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

You always count your money. If he told ME to move along, he would of heard what i had to say and then some. Why put up with any of these neanderthalls?

He should have counted out your money as he handed it to you, if not then you should have stood there and counted it out in front of him regardless of the line.  That way he would have known he never gave you the right amount.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #163309
      January 25, 2015
      18 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2015, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Blue Angel yeh i think all the machines do that/ play a little jingle  when its a winner because the lottery is trying to stop store clerks from ripping people off.  When I was a cashier the lotto machine was a pain in the ass along with the other crap that you have to worry about like being robbed!?  they keep adding more and more stuff that the clerk has to responsible for. they don't pay u any more! Evil

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22926 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2015, 5:06 am - IP Logged

If I recall correctly, the sound can be disabled. In PA we had a game where if you played through the terminal, every

certain number of tickets was a winner accompanied by a winners tune.

I remember some clerks complaining about the jingles and talking about turning the sound off. No No

Since PA machines make tunes no more..(they do print out a payout slip, that might be better than a jingle that

can be turned way down or off...the payout slip printing is noise enough)...are any of you aware of whether or

not your state has volume control at the terminals?

Chicago, Il
          United States
          Member #155131
          May 9, 2014
          28 Posts
          Posted: January 30, 2015, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Thats how illinois is. With a big loud ch ching, also have a full size monitor to display whats going on. Playing numbers, also displays your winnings. They did it to cut down on the crooks behind the lottery machine.