Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

5 Star Rating System

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Stack47.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
Member #164603
March 8, 2015
606 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2015, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Right, lock the thread so you don't have to put up with people disagreeing with you. So very sad.

Fern1026's avatar - metalbird

United States
    Member #164625
    March 9, 2015
    6 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2015, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Before social media they had no where else to exude their ignorance, but face to face with an individual. Now they hide behind a screen to make themselves feel strong, powerful, intelligent and above all important. Ignorance is bliss for them. SAD.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
      Member #164603
      March 8, 2015
      606 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2015, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49725 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2015, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Before social media they had no where else to exude their ignorance, but face to face with an individual. Now they hide behind a screen to make themselves feel strong, powerful, intelligent and above all important. Ignorance is bliss for them. SAD.

Before Social Media: Their dysfunctional behavior was limited to their family, friends, and neighbors!

With Social Media: Their dysfunctional behavior is not limited to the above group, but can also be spread to the rest of the World and Beyond!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

cbr$'s avatar - maren
          Cordova,Al.
          United States
          Member #104482
          January 15, 2011
          4900 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2015, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I can appreciate the fact Jani, took the time to do this thread. It enlighten me. I real didn't know it is two separate scoring systems. Before she did this thread, T.T.P. "Tag Team" get two one star ratings. Since it more then one person working on that forum, we have to be sharing the star. before this thread, I took it to mean, that the two viewers that give the [1] star rate, must apparently be experts so they have no need for the work we show. I love to learn new ideas. I can't speak for the other team members. Only for myself. I welcome constructive criticism on our forum. There is always room for positive improvement. We welcome new posters. If it my part of the forum you dislike, show me how to improve it. Now, that I understand the rating system better. With that said, initowin & number 23, since you're the two experts that give our forum the one star rating. Could you be kind enough to pm. on how to do my share of work better. Better yet, come to the forum I'm on and show me, what improvements I could make for it to become a better forum. For my share of the work  I use paper, pen & my mind. No, programs. I really want  to see a month work. that the viewer can real use.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23262 Posts
            Posted: March 12, 2015, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

IF you have permission from a website, you can copy and paste an image directly into a post.  That's often called "hotlinking" and unless you have permission, it's theft and is also often copyright infringement.  The best thing to do is create an account at an image hosting site, upload the graphic you want to post in here and use the HTML code supplied by the site in your post.  I use Photobucket, but there are other sites other people like better.  Here's an article that lists a few: Five Best Image Hosting Web Sites .

After you get the code for the graphic you wish to use, you will need to use the HTML editor, particularly the "Source Code" at the top of each reply (when you're composing it). It looks like this: <> and shows the HTML for your post.   If you need any more help, shoot me a PM or ask on this thread and I'll do my best to explain it better/more thoroughly.   Like this thread that explains how to use a feature of LP, I had thought of creating a post showing how to post a graphic (for cheapskates like me, I believe premium members have storage on the site) but never got a "roundtoit".

One of the best things about using an image hosting site is that it "backs up" photos/graphics that you might lose in a hard drive failure.  If it weren't for Photobucket, I would have lost some of my Cross of the Lord photos taken at the huge cross near Groom, Texas.  This is one, not the (better quality) original but at least I had a smaller resolution saved somewhere after my computer bit the dust a few yrs. ago.

photo angel-blue2.jpg

Actually, why not just look in the Help forum and read the help topic named "Posting an image in a forum message, Blog entry, or for your avatar".

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7310 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2015, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I never rate threads using stars. There are members (one of whom is finally banned) who would just go from thread to thread and rate them 1 star. Thought it was cute. In reality they only show how juvenile they are.

If I like a thread I will comment on it. If a thread doesn't interest me, I just move on without comment. It's very easy.

We all have the option to rate any thread from 1 to 5 stars and it defeats the purpose if we don't have a choice of how we rate. If rating every thread with "1" star is childish, rating every thread with "5" stars is just as childish.

IMO, complaining how other LP members use their membership options is very childish.