Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you purchase your MM/PB tickets are you not...

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I would like to win a higher prize, of course, but I would never say "gee, I hope I don't win this $15 million jackpot".

I Agree! 100%- Every lottery player Hopes to Win. However like l said " Players are HOPING that the jackpots G.R.O.W. That is the issue at the heart of the discussion ttech10. l think its self explanatory.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I'll take whatever I can get. I play for the 5 white balls so a smaller jackpot would be fine with me.

I'll take whatever I can get.- So will l. But the topic is Not will you take whatever you can get Z, its about envisioning larger jackpots and that is what " rollovers" are all about.

It is as l said No One, and l mean No One bemoans the jackpots rolling over, BUT how would they roll over if everyone playing won every time? That is why l pointed out " deep down " folks are hoping that the JP's rise.

No disrespect  but those responding here need " To see the Forest from the Trees"..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

No rolling for me Big Grin ROFL Leaving

Your Honesty brought  Tears to my eyes..dallascowboyfan. What a Lady.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
        Member #164603
        March 8, 2015
        613 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I think sharing a small starting jackpot would sting me a bit. Remember all those people who won 2nd prize playing fortune cookie numbers?

Would I want to share my 40mil jackpot with 10 other players? NO!

It would be awesome to have wo 4mil$ on a 1$ bet, but I intend to share with my family, and there is a lot of them.

Also such small jackpots don't allow for any mishaps and missteps.

If you win 300mil$ you put 50mil$ in a CDARS account, a gigantic rainy day fund. If any investments fail you still have that.

4mil$ shared by 6 people (family members) does not leave enough money to retire to Fiji, 100mil$ do.

I genuinely don't begrudge anyone their jackpot wins, but please do try to no hit on the day that I hit it. LOL

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

n-g, what would you consider a "sensible" amount that you would not mind winning?   Why do you play before the jackpot reaches that amount?

l cannot answer for the next Person- one Person's " sensible limit" may not align with the next person. You ought to know your own. l have previously posted a Thread " How many millions would be enough to set you for life"... or something. Take a gander at the responses and you can tell what others see as a " sensible" sum Z.

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I forget who originally posted this idea but wining a start point jackpot right after someone has won a huge jackpot and hasn't claimed it yet would sure take the attention off of you and your 'measly' $15 or $40 million.

l think l am guilty of posting a response like that. But once again CT- l am discussing the dream of rollover jackpots... unless the idea is abhorrent to reason by lottery players.

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

When playing the PB/ MM. I want the Jackpot money, regardless to it rolling over. I'm in to win it.

I want the Jackpot money, regardless to it rolling over."-...  Well Yeah, don't we all?

l did not Post" Will you take the jackpot money if it rolls over or not?"

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2015, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

I play every draw regardless of jackpot size. Why? Because it doesn't matter what the jackpot is, I get to retire! No more rat race. No more dreading going to work. No more debt. No more mortgage.

That's a " covering all my bets response" and there is nothing wrong with it. l think every players wants to win, l also think every player would love to see the jackpots grow, and the ONLY way they grow is if you and l LOSE.There is nothing wrong with that statement because it is TRUE.We have to lose in order for it to grow.

Reminds me of my pregnant neighbour: Here she was a few weeks ago standing out front with her husband and rubbing her stomach, she turns to me and says " l Love being pregnant and both herself and her husband smile".. so l responded by saying " That's Great Carla, but if you want to see your baby and get your figure back, you are going to have to lose your present shape".. she had to sit down because she almost fell with laughter.

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2015, 11:47 am - IP Logged

l wonder if there are any lottery players who are upset that the MM jackpot was not won last night leading to a rollover...Anyone anyone? 

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2015, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather win it tonight than have it roll over and have a chance of winning it when it's millions higher.

So the answer is no, I don't hope for it to roll.  No matter the jackpot, even the starting jackpot, I want to see my numbers come up.

United States
                      Member #106134
                      February 13, 2011
                      806 Posts
                      Posted: April 1, 2015, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I like to see them roll!  There's no doubt a $40m PB jackpot would improve my life, but it wouldn't be a real game changer like a $150m+ jp would be.

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4108 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2015, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather win it tonight than have it roll over and have a chance of winning it when it's millions higher.

So the answer is no, I don't hope for it to roll.  No matter the jackpot, even the starting jackpot, I want to see my numbers come up.

You sly Dog- You avoided answering this for 2 days and when you saw that the MM rolled last night you came out of hibernation on the 3rd day  and now say " No". Ok HLK.LOL 

I understand that Millions of dollars can go a long way in Idaho. I have "heard" that you can get 100 acres plus for under $200 Grand . Also "heard" that if you go fishing- they "literally" jump into the boat!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5611 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2015, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Annnnnnnd we have a winner!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4108 Posts
                            Posted: April 1, 2015, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I like to see them roll!  There's no doubt a $40m PB jackpot would improve my life, but it wouldn't be a real game changer like a $150m+ jp would be.

Roll huh- and if you did not win but someone from NJ, NY, CA or FL did...then what?

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                              Member #142499
                              May 13, 2013
                              1186 Posts
                              Posted: April 1, 2015, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Or the other perspective.....If I don't win, I hope everyone else loses = rollover - lol!

I Agree!