Welcome Guest
You last visited April 23, 2017, 7:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you purchase your MM/PB tickets are you not...

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Chasing the Dream.
Utopia- California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4253 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2015, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

.....As it should be. It's like attempting to lose weight- you win by losing. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
    Member #106134
    February 13, 2011
    806 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2015, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Roll huh- and if you did not win but someone from NJ, NY, CA or FL did...then what?

Well I'd just be screwed by those states yet again! LOL

I'm getting used to it.

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #162631
      January 7, 2015
      597 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2015, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Hoping that you and others do NOT win..yet, especialy if it is at the start up stage, because deep down you want the jackpots to roll? When it does reach a " sensible" amount then and Only then do you see yourself being handed the " cardboard check"..right? Smile

Does that make sense, the hoping not to win part, or is it " win it all now, regardless of the amount? 

** Have a Great Week People. 

Mr. Noise-Gate,

I'm afraid I have a slightly different situation.
      I have to get my tickets once a week. I get both lottos for both times, every week, regardless of jackpot.

That's because I get my tickets on Sunday, in the next state up, which happens to be a non-lotto-tax state.

Should the unlikely happen, and I win either prize one or prize two, I will relocate to that state, before I claim my prize.
      Should it be a lower prize, I have friends that live there. . . . .

I hope my reply will provide some insight, like your post did.

But to answer your question more directly, I would rather win prize two on any given lotto drawing, regardless of jackpot,  just to win the million.
      (which, of course will be minus 25% percent for federal taxes, but hey, it's a lot of money).

Take Care Everyone. 

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Chasing the Dream.
        Utopia- California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4253 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2015, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Mr. Noise-Gate,

I'm afraid I have a slightly different situation.
        I have to get my tickets once a week. I get both lottos for both times, every week, regardless of jackpot.

That's because I get my tickets on Sunday, in the next state up, which happens to be a non-lotto-tax state.

Should the unlikely happen, and I win either prize one or prize two, I will relocate to that state, before I claim my prize.
        Should it be a lower prize, I have friends that live there. . . . .

I hope my reply will provide some insight, like your post did.

But to answer your question more directly, I would rather win prize two on any given lotto drawing, regardless of jackpot,  just to win the million.
        (which, of course will be minus 25% percent for federal taxes, but hey, it's a lot of money).

Take Care Everyone. 

Noise will do..

l get what you saying Groppo and as you well know, we can say " we rather win 2nd prize", but its not up to us as to how the chips fall. l think l tried explaining to the best of my ability that when we play, we all want to win; Period. However the draw of the lottery is its growth. When jackpots are stagnant, " some" people may not feel the need to invest a Dollar or more because its been won too often. As it stands, we are told that both jackpots are not getting the attraction of new players- why? Low sales. The only solution to getting more people to play... More losers and higher Jackpots.So we should all " Welcome being losers" from time to time because it takes the jackpots to where they belong, WAY UP THERE... It's that simple. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Chasing the Dream.
          Utopia- California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4253 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2015, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

"l wonder if there are ANY lottery players out there who are irritated because the PB Jackpot was not won last Night, thus leading to that Awful word . "Rollover". ..Anyone, anyone?  Big Smile

music*'s avatar - bee
            Fresno California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1677 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2015, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Do you ever find yourself hating the winner ?    "It should have been me !!!" "I deserve it more then that guy !"

Some people would call that sour grapes, jealousy, envy.

Does losing become tiring ? 

On another note... Am I correct in my view that the jackpot spends more time as it is increasing in the lower jackpot amounts during rollovers ?  Once it reaches $300,000,000.00 it usually is won quickly.

Thank You for your replies.Smiley

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
              upstate NY
              United States
              Member #108791
              March 31, 2011
              549 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2015, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Do you ever find yourself hating the winner ?    "It should have been me !!!" "I deserve it more then that guy !"

On another note... Am I correct in my view that the jackpot spends more time as it is increasing in the lower jackpot amounts during rollovers ?  Once it reaches $300,000,000.00 it usually is won quickly.

Am I correct in my view that the jackpot spends more time as it is increasing in the lower jackpot amounts during rollovers ?  Once it reaches $300,000,000.00 it usually is won quickly.

Well, sure.  As the jackpot grows, jackpot fever grows.  As jackpot fever grows, more people play, and more combinations (lines) are bought.  This increases the odds that someone out there will have bought the winning numbers.  This is also why the really big jackpots end up being split among multiple winners.

Patriot

music*'s avatar - bee
                Fresno California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1677 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2015, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Shocked Thank You mediabrat for your clarification. Wink

Chasing the Dream.
                  Utopia- California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4253 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2015, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Do you ever find yourself hating the winner ? No- Never.

"It should have been me !!!"- Never think that way, the Spinning Balls call the Shots, not me.

"I deserve it more then that guy !"- Nope-  l would like to think that Marie Holmes from NC deserved her win more than anyone l can presently think of.

Some people would call that sour grapes, jealousy, envy.-Yes, like some folks who keep telling Forum members they wasting their time playing.Can you see someone telling Gloria Mckenzie " Hey Old Lady, what makes you think you going to win- you 84 years old!!

Does losing become tiring ?Not while you in possession of a ticket that could be the winner. 

Chasing the Dream.
                    Utopia- California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4253 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2015, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Here's to hoping that us " Losers " can become Winners this week, if not let's continue losing until we have had enough. .Smile