Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looking for someone with their Masters Degree in Excel

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 1 year ago by garyo1954.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
892 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2015, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Hey folks, I need someone that is a wiz with Excel, I am pretty darn good with formulas and Macros and can not seem to figure out how to make my sheet run itself.  I have placed this on multiple forums over the past 3 years only to come up with eventually being ignored.  My guess is they have no clue how to do what I am asking.  If you can imagine a digital roulette wheel and how the the numbers flash around and then stops on a number.  I am trying to place Es and Os, Us and Ds in multiple cells that make up roughly 500 different combinations and gives me numbers or no numbers to wheel.  This is putting it in simple terms but trust me its much more complex for someone with basic programming skills.  I figure if someone has great skills in excel plus knows the lotto it may be a breeze for them but it will take a Macro , or a different type of program.  It do not "think" it can be done with formulas

So.....is there anyone with these skills

Thanks so much for your time

Sky

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1732 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2015, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Hey folks, I need someone that is a wiz with Excel, I am pretty darn good with formulas and Macros and can not seem to figure out how to make my sheet run itself.  I have placed this on multiple forums over the past 3 years only to come up with eventually being ignored.  My guess is they have no clue how to do what I am asking.  If you can imagine a digital roulette wheel and how the the numbers flash around and then stops on a number.  I am trying to place Es and Os, Us and Ds in multiple cells that make up roughly 500 different combinations and gives me numbers or no numbers to wheel.  This is putting it in simple terms but trust me its much more complex for someone with basic programming skills.  I figure if someone has great skills in excel plus knows the lotto it may be a breeze for them but it will take a Macro , or a different type of program.  It do not "think" it can be done with formulas

Sky

What's the problem with a random number generator?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
      Member #116344
      September 8, 2011
      3928 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2015, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Sky

I don't think is lack of excellent programmers, it could be lack of communication (presentation of concept) on your part. Programming is not writing only codes, it involves analyzing concepts, logic of viability and room for intuition. A wizard  of excel is not necessary a programmer, you should be prepared to pay such person for his/her service and to protect your ideal.Try the ' Quora' forum,  is mostly academic site, you may get some college professor/ kid to do it out of fun(I do it all the time if I don't understand a concept).Good Luck.

ranman17's avatar - jzy6nr
        New York
        United States
        Member #83026
        November 27, 2009
        2132 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2015, 5:15 am - IP Logged

Sky

Can't you use =randbetween on each cell that is to produce a result and that is activated by hitting the Delete key?

Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

An Unruly Evil

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
          Athens
          Greece
          Member #133234
          September 24, 2012
          188 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2015, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Sky, perhaps Serge can help you...

He is awesome with Excel...

6/49 dis(assembly)

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
            ORLANDO, FLORIDA
            United States
            Member #4924
            June 3, 2004
            5912 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2015, 6:52 am - IP Logged

Sky

If I were you, I would be discussing this, in private, with Jadelottery...

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49813 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2015, 8:01 am - IP Logged

Sky

Necessity is the mother of invention: A need or problem encourages creative efforts to meet the need or solve the problem. It's your brain child, so you need to keep at it until you complete the spreadsheet.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2015, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Switch to a substitution workout.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2015, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Sky

You need to stop imagining what might be done and actually do it on paper.  Once you understand what you would actually had to do if you were doing it on paper then you will understand what has to be if you was writing steps to be followed in Excel or a program to do it.

Even a good programmer has to have a working concept of what he wants before writing a program to do it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1732 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2015, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Larry, there are Excel forums with VBA code to make the cells flash/blink. All seem to note two drawbacks.

1) Flashing/Blinking is an eye irritant.

2) Excel is useless with flashing/blinking text. No editing while cells/ text is blinking.

They way they accomplish the flashing/blinking is by turning a cell on and off.

In your case, you would want to set a flash rate and a color for the roulette effect. Also you'd want to consider if the blinking would be sequential or random, which would determine your flash/blink rate.

You'll need to randomize a timer for each cell to (hopefully) stop a cell from blinking at a given time, but one that don't allow all the cells to stop at once.

You'll need an interrupt handler to kill all the flashing and pass the program back to the sheet once you have the data you want so you can proceed with the next step. Along the same lines, you'll need a routine to notify every other cell when one stops.

That's the simplified, watered down version. There are (likely) other steps that without actually doing it, aren't apparent.

It doesn't seem the Excel community lacks the code or the skill to do what you want, it seems they find it an irritating way to disable their ability to use Excel.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Krypton
                      United States
                      Member #140102
                      March 11, 2013
                      892 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2015, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

What's the problem with a random number generator?

Hi G, this is beyond a random generator.  You have seen some of my books?

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Krypton
                        United States
                        Member #140102
                        March 11, 2013
                        892 Posts
                        Posted: June 17, 2015, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't think is lack of excellent programmers, it could be lack of communication (presentation of concept) on your part. Programming is not writing only codes, it involves analyzing concepts, logic of viability and room for intuition. A wizard  of excel is not necessary a programmer, you should be prepared to pay such person for his/her service and to protect your ideal.Try the ' Quora' forum,  is mostly academic site, you may get some college professor/ kid to do it out of fun(I do it all the time if I don't understand a concept).Good Luck.

Thanks Ill take a look at it.  Ive explained it pretty well I think

Krypton
                          United States
                          Member #140102
                          March 11, 2013
                          892 Posts
                          Posted: June 17, 2015, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Sky, perhaps Serge can help you...

He is awesome with Excel...

Thanks, Serge and I are talking and he does mostly things on his web site and to make a long story short.  I have 5 books approx 2 GIGS each , with 3000 rows of formulas across 36 rows all linked together giving me patterns.  I then take these patterns and feed them into hat I call my game sheet for hopefully the next winning numbers.

Krypton
                            United States
                            Member #140102
                            March 11, 2013
                            892 Posts
                            Posted: June 17, 2015, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Can't you use =randbetween on each cell that is to produce a result and that is activated by hitting the Delete key?

I will send you a PM with some info and a pic for your evaluation,  I have not tried what you mentioned and do not think it will work.  It has to physically place letters in specific cells to get an output of number(s)

Krypton
                              United States
                              Member #140102
                              March 11, 2013
                              892 Posts
                              Posted: June 17, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

If I were you, I would be discussing this, in private, with Jadelottery...

Thanks CB, you've seen my work, I will do as suggested and you will not be forgotten my friend