Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looking for someone with their Masters Degree in Excel

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 1 year ago by garyo1954.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
891 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2015, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

You need to stop imagining what might be done and actually do it on paper.  Once you understand what you would actually had to do if you were doing it on paper then you will understand what has to be if you was writing steps to be followed in Excel or a program to do it.

Even a good programmer has to have a working concept of what he wants before writing a program to do it.

I have it on paper in simple terms, trust me it is explained well.   I can do it long hand too but its over 4000 inputs a bit too much to get lost or side tracked and that is what normally happens.  I figured automating it is the way to go

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2015, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

You don't want to get it done.

Krypton
      United States
      Member #140102
      March 11, 2013
      891 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2015, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

You don't want to get it done.

your inbox is full. I do want to get it done  I am not willing "at this time" to just turn over what Ive been working on for 5+ years 50 hours + a week to ANYONE, nothing personal but you would need all my files to do what you want to do which is place it on YOUR web site.  I do not want to place this on anyone's web site. I have given away FREE multiple copies of my Pick 3 and Pick 4 programs to people on this forum that IU have come to trust but my Jackpot software until I win the jackpot I will NOT give it away. I will NEVER sell it but I WILL give it away freely.  This is not personal Serge so please do not take offense but understand where I am coning from.  What I have WILL produce the next jackpot WINNING numbers.  If the LC knew what I had they would do more than hack me next time.  I have hit the two step twice using it, won a million $ and several $10 wins so I KNOW it works. 

so, I DO want to get it done .  If I can not get help I will eventually figure it out once I clear my brain and learn how to write Macros batter.  I understand on a server or in another language is the way to go and its a lot faster.  I had to build a desktop to carry the load of my programs so I understand where you are ocming from

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2015, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I make my inbox free.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
          Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1684 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2015, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Have to take a drive over and get a peek at what you have. Sounds exciting.

Makes me wonder if rather than start with flashing in Excel, you want to start the flashing once the program has make the necessary eliminations. That is a different set of programming criteria.

Either way, I wouldn't turn it over to anyone until I had totally exhausted every effort to find a way to program it myself.

Also remember very few programs come out the way they are projected in your mind's eyes. Often you'll need to change some sub that creates a different set of criteria to get from point A to point B. Every addition you make also introduces the possibility of affecting the overall accuracy.

As well as it is working, you seem to be on to something good. I'd keep at it, not changing what it working at this point.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Krypton
            United States
            Member #140102
            March 11, 2013
            891 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2015, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Have to take a drive over and get a peek at what you have. Sounds exciting.

Makes me wonder if rather than start with flashing in Excel, you want to start the flashing once the program has make the necessary eliminations. That is a different set of programming criteria.

Either way, I wouldn't turn it over to anyone until I had totally exhausted every effort to find a way to program it myself.

Also remember very few programs come out the way they are projected in your mind's eyes. Often you'll need to change some sub that creates a different set of criteria to get from point A to point B. Every addition you make also introduces the possibility of affecting the overall accuracy.

As well as it is working, you seem to be on to something good. I'd keep at it, not changing what it working at this point.

G,

I'll be in Dallas a June 27-28 for a food show during the day. Probably stay at the OMNI Sat night and Irving Sun night if you want to meet. I'll bring my laptop   I don't pan to turn it over nor share publicly on an open forum

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1684 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2015, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm at the Elkhart house. My ex remarried so  no reason to make trips to and from Dallas any longer. I do have dialysis tomorrow and Saturday. Friday I'm off. Then I'm off Sunday and Monday with dialysis Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday next week..

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Florida
                United States
                Member #135615
                November 27, 2012
                405 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2015, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

If you don't think it can be done with formulas, just do it in VBA, Excel does that just fine. It's a bit of a dying language now but you can accomplish a lot with it. I don't see where you've outlined anything that you're trying to do so there's little anyone can do to help. If this is another "I'm trying to keep things secret because I have the winning formula" then just disregard my post here. If you don't care to out line what you're trying to do in a clear and concise manner, ignore this post. Otherwise, welcome, explain what you want and show me what you have so far.

Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1684 Posts
                  Posted: June 18, 2015, 12:02 am - IP Logged

I did pick up $18 just concentrating on the back digits, Larry.

Winner was 6, 13, 21, 22 with the Bonus 11. I was absolutely positively for certain we'd see a 0-1-2-3 front digit set. Gives you an idea just how far you can be off and still win something playing the digit sets.

Since I started using this program (from 2012), I've spent $12 and won $25. May be time to settle on playing the first set with several different front digit patterns.

Krypton
                    United States
                    Member #140102
                    March 11, 2013
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: June 18, 2015, 12:18 am - IP Logged

If you don't think it can be done with formulas, just do it in VBA, Excel does that just fine. It's a bit of a dying language now but you can accomplish a lot with it. I don't see where you've outlined anything that you're trying to do so there's little anyone can do to help. If this is another "I'm trying to keep things secret because I have the winning formula" then just disregard my post here. If you don't care to out line what you're trying to do in a clear and concise manner, ignore this post. Otherwise, welcome, explain what you want and show me what you have so far.

That's a lot of ignoring lol but I do understand. What I have is a system that only uses the lottery numbers as an input "nothing more" using pattern recognition I'm able to reduce the amount of combinations to 512. Half of those will turn up with no lines to play   I'm familair with macros but having brain lock and requesting help.  I have done the 512 combos 3 times all the way through and what I do know is it will produce the what's next aka the winning numbers regardless if it's an air machine, computer driven or by the man on the moon. It's not a random generator but a hard core winning machine   I hardly lose when I play and it takes hours to do this long hand and with interruptions i make mistakes   You are correct. I wont post on an open forum nor let it go without trusting the individual enough to know they won't share   Frankly, it's NOT THEIRS to share   I do know one person did share some of my work in the past and that person will not get anything else from me   I'm adking for help and in return numbers fir them to win. Thus far no one has come forth with a Nacro to do what I need and I've been asking privately on other forums.   I'm sure I'll get it if no one can help, just need a vacation on a tropic island and while looking at the blue waters it will come to me. I do my best thinking when I'm far away of my resources   Bottom line my system produces 512 combos total. No more and no less and the winning numbers are there EVERY TIME   Gaining after 4/4, 5/5 or 6:6 should be easy. Adding the BB will just add more money to spend.  Honestly I'm nit certain hiw many lines I'll have to play but. Know it will be less than $500. I spent $285 to win a million and normally less than $300 to get thec$10,000 prizes plus the xtra of course cost another $300. Money well spent   Didn't mean to write an essay but an explanation.  Once I do hit a jackpot or 2 I'll start giving out numbers  I'll get more says faction doing that than winning (-:

Krypton
                      United States
                      Member #140102
                      March 11, 2013
                      891 Posts
                      Posted: June 18, 2015, 12:19 am - IP Logged

I did pick up $18 just concentrating on the back digits, Larry.

Winner was 6, 13, 21, 22 with the Bonus 11. I was absolutely positively for certain we'd see a 0-1-2-3 front digit set. Gives you an idea just how far you can be off and still win something playing the digit sets.

Since I started using this program (from 2012), I've spent $12 and won $25. May be time to settle on playing the first set with several different front digit patterns.

Congrats G. Watch that 11 tomorrow (-:

adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
                        From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
                        United States
                        Member #49750
                        February 13, 2007
                        439 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2015, 3:02 am - IP Logged

"What I have WILL produce the next jackpot WINNING numbers."

Now that is what I call confidence SkyLine 69! LOL. More power to you man!

Go Broncos!  White Bounce

Krypton
                          United States
                          Member #140102
                          March 11, 2013
                          891 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2015, 8:50 am - IP Logged

"What I have WILL produce the next jackpot WINNING numbers."

Now that is what I call confidence SkyLine 69! LOL. More power to you man!

You got it lol.  Confidence I have lol.  I'm watching for ball 1 if low 1-9-11. If high 23-25.  I'm not personally looking for B1 to be even but if so my bet is on 8-12 if low 26 if high. I will play all 8 to cover my bases. Been burnt too many times only going low or always going high. Besides when I missed because I went one way and not the other my best friend and soul partner in life (my wife ) says " I told you to do both " and I said " yes mam " lol  Good luck!

United States
                            Member #123200
                            February 15, 2012
                            52 Posts
                            Posted: June 18, 2015, 11:16 am - IP Logged

This VBA Code will make a cells background color flash (green to red) (found on a Microsoft forum).

Private blnRepeat As Boolean

Sub StartFlash()
                                blnRepeat = True
                                Call Flash
                            End Sub

Sub StopFlash()
                                blnRepeat = False
                            End Sub

Sub Flash()
                                With Range("B3").Interior
                                    If .Color = vbRed Then
                                        .Color = vbGreen
                                    Else
                                        .Color = vbRed
                                    End If
                                End With
                                If blnRepeat Then
                                    Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1), "Flash"
                                End If
                            End Sub

To start cell B3 flashing, run StartFlash. When you've had enough of it, run StopFlash.

You can add your own logic to flash for whatever reason you want or whatever Range you want. (Such as only flash for cells containing "U").

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                              Athens
                              Greece
                              Member #133234
                              September 24, 2012
                              188 Posts
                              Posted: June 18, 2015, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

sky man, level with me because you're freaking me out in a 'math' sort of way - or, I am reading the posts way too fast and I am 'missing' something.

*?512?* combos and you're getting a 5 out of 5 or 6 out of 6 every time? 

6/49 dis(assembly)