Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looks like that lottery win will never happen

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2015, 6:48 am - IP Logged

I just did my monthly checking of my lottery tickets and this was my breakdown for spending. Bought 4 Powerball tickets with Powerplay, 4 Lucky for Life tickets and 1 Mass Cash. Total spent was 21 dollars and only 1 Lucky for Life ticket was a winner of 4 dollars for getting the 1 lucky ball. When I checked my mass cash ticket it said someone from my town won it on the day I played, unfortunately it wasn't me. I feel great about keeping my spending in check for the lottery but get pretty sad when I check my tickets once a month and never see a good prize. I never expected to win a jackpot but would like a decent win and even that seems insurmountable. I am not giving up but don't see how most of us can ever get that good win. I've been on lottery post for awhile now and realize that even here you don't hear players winning a life changing amount. Even if I spent more money playing the lottery I don't think It would make a difference (when I was spending more money in the past it only hurt my bank account). Have to admit losing 17 dollars out of 21 dollars is something I can live with. When I use to play scratchers I could go thru 21 dollars in one store.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
    Member #165244
    March 30, 2015
    229 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2015, 7:14 am - IP Logged

Never say never...I think about a lot of stories where you hear people have been playing for YEARS and then it seems they win. Which maybe explains why it also seems a lot of older people win too. But good for staying on a budget, as this is what I do as well.

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19903 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2015, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Since only half of sales go to prizes, every time you hear of a player winning $25M that means some other players spent over $50M and won nothing.  That prize money has to come from somewhere.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7713 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2015, 10:10 am - IP Logged

First of all you have to look at the games you're playing. The "highest odds" games. Yes, everyone wants a "life changing" win. But we know it's not going to happen to 98% of us.

So why don't you try playing smaller games? One month just try playing Pick 3 or 4 instead. Even if you have a box win it would be more than what you're winning now. And if might pick your spirits up :)

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5146 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2015, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I just did my monthly checking of my lottery tickets and this was my breakdown for spending. Bought 4 Powerball tickets with Powerplay, 4 Lucky for Life tickets and 1 Mass Cash. Total spent was 21 dollars and only 1 Lucky for Life ticket was a winner of 4 dollars for getting the 1 lucky ball. When I checked my mass cash ticket it said someone from my town won it on the day I played, unfortunately it wasn't me. I feel great about keeping my spending in check for the lottery but get pretty sad when I check my tickets once a month and never see a good prize. I never expected to win a jackpot but would like a decent win and even that seems insurmountable. I am not giving up but don't see how most of us can ever get that good win. I've been on lottery post for awhile now and realize that even here you don't hear players winning a life changing amount. Even if I spent more money playing the lottery I don't think It would make a difference (when I was spending more money in the past it only hurt my bank account). Have to admit losing 17 dollars out of 21 dollars is something I can live with. When I use to play scratchers I could go thru 21 dollars in one store.

SG........................Psyko can only say Guitar    " I feel UR pain  " Lurking Argue Chair!!!!

For the past six months have played Mega Million and PowerBall>>>>>>>>>>>with LOSS not GAIN and surly not a big jackpot WON.........yet. My big complaint may be with me

because, I picked such "lousley" numbers or my "luck" must have changed for the worst during this period of time Crying    MY  previous six months LOSSES were a lot less but,

still a LOSS<<<<<just the same. Psyko has darn well tried to win and spent  lotto money >>>>>HOPEFULLY education has "improved" over the past fifteen years I've made so

many contributions to the SCHOLARSHIP funds of several states. HOWEVER, if I ever win a BIG JACKPOT......Psyko will establish a $1,000,000 scholarship for math students!

Thank ALL Lottery Post members who gave me great IDEAS  and the courage to HANG in there for D long run $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Party Dance  Party      

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2015, 11:01 am - IP Logged

If your lottery budget is fixed at $21 a month then you are at a good place. That's about $5 a week.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1732 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2015, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I feel your pain:

winning powerball numbers for 6/24 was 3, 5 10 22 32 - 7

my numbers:                                          4  6 11 19 29 - 30  very close for the $1,000,000

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2015, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I feel your pain:

winning powerball numbers for 6/24 was 3, 5 10 22 32 - 7

my numbers:                                          4  6 11 19 29 - 30  very close for the $1,000,000

You just miss winning something by all six numbers, hopefully you'll miss by less next time.

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #145267
                  August 1, 2013
                  1732 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2015, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I missed by digits:  1 1 1 3 3 - n/a

United States
                    Member #164725
                    March 12, 2015
                    368 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2015, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm pulling for ALL of you to win -- win big and win small. Banana

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19903 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2015, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I'm pulling for ALL of you to win -- win big and win small. Banana

I hope your efforts aren't in vein, I'm doing my part by playing when ever I can. BananaParty

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #164725
                        March 12, 2015
                        368 Posts
                        Posted: June 25, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I hope your efforts aren't in vein, I'm doing my part by playing when ever I can. BananaParty

Sending out good and positive thoughts are never in vain.  Group Hug

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7344 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2015, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

You just miss winning something by all six numbers, hopefully you'll miss by less next time.

Bought five KY Cash Ball QPs on Monday and the first line was 20-21-22-23 + 24. Didn't match any of those numbers so I guess I missed by all five numbers. But to me missing by one number means I matched all the other numbers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19903 Posts
                            Posted: June 25, 2015, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Bought five KY Cash Ball QPs on Monday and the first line was 20-21-22-23 + 24. Didn't match any of those numbers so I guess I missed by all five numbers. But to me missing by one number means I matched all the other numbers.

I played the 10 lines I posted on the prediction board for Tuesday's MM drawing and one line missed winning the jackpot by 3 numbers but I matched 3 for $5.

Evil Looking       

NY
                              United States
                              Member #23835
                              October 16, 2005
                              3502 Posts
                              Posted: June 26, 2015, 1:46 am - IP Logged

"don't see how most of us can ever get that good win."

I really get the feeling that you don't understand just how bad the odds are. For a lottery to pay out a $5 million prize they need to sell about $15 million worth of tickets. That means that even if you spend $1000 a year you can only expect to win that $1 million prize once every 15,000 years. Most of us will never get that good win.

"I missed by digits:  1 1 1 3 3 - n/a"

They draw balls (or in some cases, electrons), not numbers. You missed, period. The idea that you were close is just an illusion.