Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looks like that lottery win will never happen

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19824 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2015, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

"don't see how most of us can ever get that good win."

I really get the feeling that you don't understand just how bad the odds are. For a lottery to pay out a $5 million prize they need to sell about $15 million worth of tickets. That means that even if you spend $1000 a year you can only expect to win that $1 million prize once every 15,000 years. Most of us will never get that good win.

"I missed by digits:  1 1 1 3 3 - n/a"

They draw balls (or in some cases, electrons), not numbers. You missed, period. The idea that you were close is just an illusion.

It's easy for some people to believe winning a lottery jackpot is only a matter of time after reading some of the nonsense that's some members post at LP.  There are all kinds of unproven claims about systems that would have won and they have the results of back testing to prove it.  Makes one wonders why would any one make such claims if they have nothing to sell.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4786 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2015, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I really get the feeling that you don't understand just how bad the odds are. For a lottery to pay out a $5 million prize they need to sell about $15 million worth of tickets. That means that even if you spend $1000 a year you can only expect to win that $1 million prize once every 15,000 years. Most of us will never get that good win.

They draw balls (or in some cases, electrons), not numbers. You missed, period. The idea that you were close is just an illusion.

Good honest answer. If playing the lottery is making one unhappy, please stop. If shy guitar us looking for someone to give her false hope, it is not fair for anyone to tell her about anything other than reality and facts.

J'aime La France.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2015, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Good honest answer. If playing the lottery is making one unhappy, please stop. If shy guitar us looking for someone to give her false hope, it is not fair for anyone to tell her about anything other than reality and facts.

I hope you don't mind my piggy backing on a couple of things here such as this:

looking for someone to give her false hope

Here, I'd like to just change the word 'her' to 'them' for my personal response. There are lots of people that really thrive on this sort of thing. They only want to hear what makes them feel good from those that know no better...and only want live under false pretences about jackpot games. Now, I'm a very positive person for the most part but, I'm also a REALIST. I believe in the Law of Attraction but, I also know that it only works within specifics of personal convictions and not others'. Other than the stories that lottery winners tell, we'll never what their true and actual mindsets were when they played and won.

it is not fair for anyone to tell 'them' about anything other than reality and facts.

Yes, and this is the very reason I offered what I had in another thread about testing systems. People need to know what the reality and facts are concerning the wins, if any, on the smaller games. It's much easier to know the truth PRIOR and make adjustments as you go than to be lied to and have to start all over. Just my .02. Very good post, my friend.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2015, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

thats why they say $1 and a dream. as long as you're in you may win.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4786 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2015, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I hope you don't mind my piggy backing on a couple of things here such as this:

looking for someone to give her false hope

Here, I'd like to just change the word 'her' to 'them' for my personal response. There are lots of people that really thrive on this sort of thing. They only want to hear what makes them feel good from those that know no better...and only want live under false pretences about jackpot games. Now, I'm a very positive person for the most part but, I'm also a REALIST. I believe in the Law of Attraction but, I also know that it only works within specifics of personal convictions and not others'. Other than the stories that lottery winners tell, we'll never what their true and actual mindsets were when they played and won.

it is not fair for anyone to tell 'them' about anything other than reality and facts.

Yes, and this is the very reason I offered what I had in another thread about testing systems. People need to know what the reality and facts are concerning the wins, if any, on the smaller games. It's much easier to know the truth PRIOR and make adjustments as you go than to be lied to and have to start all over. Just my .02. Very good post, my friend.

L.L.

Thank you LL. It is about having fun,, playing with numbers, etc. Dreaming is ok but don't let it interfere with reality and moving forward in life.

J'aime La France.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2015, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

That is key, and the reason why I no longer care what my QP numbers look like. All under 20? Fine. All over 55? Cool. A collection of the least popular numbers? Sign me up.

The numbers 1-2-3-4-5 and special ball being 6 are just as likely to be picked as whatever that night's winning numbers actually were. When the number 48 comes rolling down that ball chute, it doesn't mean 47 and 49 were the next two closest choices, it was more likely to be two random numbers such as 12 and 25.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19824 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2015, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

That is key, and the reason why I no longer care what my QP numbers look like. All under 20? Fine. All over 55? Cool. A collection of the least popular numbers? Sign me up.

The numbers 1-2-3-4-5 and special ball being 6 are just as likely to be picked as whatever that night's winning numbers actually were. When the number 48 comes rolling down that ball chute, it doesn't mean 47 and 49 were the next two closest choices, it was more likely to be two random numbers such as 12 and 25.

"That is key, and the reason why I no longer care what my QP numbers look like."

As a QP player do you have any other choice?

Evil Looking       

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2015, 1:44 am - IP Logged

"That is key, and the reason why I no longer care what my QP numbers look like."

Of course. History makes it clear that it's entirely possible to let the terminal pick whatever numbers it wants to, and then come here and bitch and moan about how lousy they are.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19824 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2015, 7:07 am - IP Logged

Of course. History makes it clear that it's entirely possible to let the terminal pick whatever numbers it wants to, and then come here and bitch and moan about how lousy they are.

That's not unique to QP players, I've seen similar responses from players who pick their own numbers.

Evil Looking       

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2015, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I used to play my own numbers.

It has made zero difference.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19824 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2015, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I used to play my own numbers.

It has made zero difference.

I've never played QP that much since I usually play 5-10 lines and prefer to know what my picks will be before I even make out the play slips.

By picking my own numbers I avoid duplicates and combinations that have already hit.  I also get a chance to play numbers I feel good about and even when I lose I have nothing to complain about since I picked them myself.

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1648 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2015, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

Just from my Pick3/4 experience: any numbers can hit any time in any combination no matter what has happened prior to any draw. Why? The same numbers that were in there last draw are still in there for the current draw. From this point, people are merely betting on the infinite odds of something either happening or not happening when they choose to try a system approach to such a large scale of numbers. Yeah, the same thing can be said about the small games but, the difference is that the player has more 'control' with the smaller games in terms of combinations. There's a ton of variance with the jackpot games...way too much for the average player to even think of trying to harness. Not being negative, just being real. There's nothing preventing anyone from LP from winning a jackpot but, not everyone here will win and those are facts. Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2015, 6:09 am - IP Logged

I've never played QP that much since I usually play 5-10 lines and prefer to know what my picks will be before I even make out the play slips.

By picking my own numbers I avoid duplicates and combinations that have already hit.  I also get a chance to play numbers I feel good about and even when I lose I have nothing to complain about since I picked them myself.

That's understandable and I get that people either want specific numbers, or don't want others. But just from personal experience, one way or the other hasn't changed anything.

United States
                            Member #164725
                            March 12, 2015
                            341 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2015, 9:50 am - IP Logged

My attitude is that someone has to win, might as well be me. Jester

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: July 1, 2015, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

With the matrix change coming to powerball in early October now you can say "Looks like that lottery win will never EVER happen." For most of us that is

That money's gone fo ever