Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looks like that lottery win will never happen

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19828 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2015, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

With the matrix change coming to powerball in early October now you can say "Looks like that lottery win will never EVER happen." For most of us that is

So what else is new?  Most of us were never going to win a lottery jackpot even if we played the local jackpot games with 10X better odds.  There's just not enough money in the world for everyone to win a lottery jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #164725
    March 12, 2015
    342 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2015, 9:43 am - IP Logged

So what else is new?  Most of us were never going to win a lottery jackpot even if we played the local jackpot games with 10X better odds.  There's just not enough money in the world for everyone to win a lottery jackpot.

There was no mention of the last pb winner, a 37 y/o woman in Florida. They didnt report much about her except it was one quick pick for the 80 million dollar win. She said it wouldnt change her life much (then why play?) and she wanted to help her family and friends. See was a regular at the store where she purchased the ticket which seemed a bit  on the downside. 

Anyways, I'm happy for her.  And if she can do it -- so can we!  Green laugh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2015, 9:59 am - IP Logged

There was no mention of the last pb winner, a 37 y/o woman in Florida. They didnt report much about her except it was one quick pick for the 80 million dollar win. She said it wouldnt change her life much (then why play?) and she wanted to help her family and friends. See was a regular at the store where she purchased the ticket which seemed a bit  on the downside. 

Just because most of us were never going to win a jackpot is no reason for me to stop trying.  I still track several games and buy tickets when I feel lucky.  Playing the lotteries and dreaming about winning is entertaining to me.

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4108 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2015, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Never? Can you imagine the Space program being shelved because of the Challenger disaster. Madam Curie died of radiation in her efforts to discover a life saving device that has helped BILLIONS. Just stop with this Never talk. .It's just a game where anyone with a ticket can win . You need to wait your turn. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2015, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Ain't that the truth!

Are you ever tempted to play Rolling Cash 5 applying the same strategies you used on the two 5/6 OCL wins? Tracking the daily draws can be a nightmare to system players so I guess that's the reason you don't. Right?

That money's gone fo ever

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2659 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2015, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
              Member #129822
              June 28, 2012
              363 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2015, 10:47 am - IP Logged

The key is to remember the EXTREME high odds.......always remember that but without a ticket you aint gonna win. Not everyone will win jackpots -FACT  and the ones who win are extremely lucky. 99% of people will never win a jackpot and 1 % of people will win a jackpot. Are you part of that 1 % ?

Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2015, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Ain't that the truth!

Are you ever tempted to play Rolling Cash 5 applying the same strategies you used on the two 5/6 OCL wins? Tracking the daily draws can be a nightmare to system players so I guess that's the reason you don't. Right?

Actually I do track RC5 but dealing with almost 4000 drawings make the workout longer and until recently all my programs were designed to deal with about 2000 combinations.  Besides With OCL, MM and PB I have a couple of days to think about doing the work outs.  With RC5 being a daily I would have only that day, stopping to think about it makes it almost impossible to get done before the drawing.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7313 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2015, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Actually I do track RC5 but dealing with almost 4000 drawings make the workout longer and until recently all my programs were designed to deal with about 2000 combinations.  Besides With OCL, MM and PB I have a couple of days to think about doing the work outs.  With RC5 being a daily I would have only that day, stopping to think about it makes it almost impossible to get done before the drawing.

I started with the six number Ohio Lotto playing abbreviated wheels but thought it would be easier trying to trap five numbers when the Buckeye 5 started. Because you're playing combinations instead of numbers, it's obvious why the game with the highest jackpot is your game of choice.

"With RC5 being a daily I would have only that day, stopping to think about it makes it almost impossible to get done before the drawing."

A few years ago, I had a decent run with RC5, but accurately filling out new play slips every day got old after a few weeks.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                    TX
                    United States
                    Member #121193
                    January 4, 2012
                    1637 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2015, 9:02 am - IP Logged

While the odds are severely stack against someone winning, it's the idea of knowing others have done it by taking their dollar(or 2) and purchasing a ticket. I looked at the number of jackpot winners just on the PB list over the last 5 (10-14)years and it looks like we are averaging about 14 winners for the year. 2011 & 2014 were below that number - although we have almost as many winners that have collected in 2015 as we did in all of 2014. This doesn't include the 2nd tier prize winners of a million or more $$.
                    14 times a year, people have defied the odds and created their financial freedom. If those lucky folks beat the odds, then why can't I or you do it ? It's simple....We can...Every time we go the store and purchase that lil slip of paper with those numbers on it. We just don't know BUT we believe and it's what we want. Every time I purchase one of those tickets, I think of what I could do to help so many folks out. Not necessarily give others enough to retire, but to pay off a student loan or medical bill. Maybe a credit card, help out someone that is behind in their taxes, fill a local food pantry's shelves, put some money into a non profit cause that's near to my heart. Perhaps volunteering at a VET center, mentoring an at-risk child or participate in a Big brothers/Big sisters program.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #104962
                      January 23, 2011
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2015, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Stop playing when the jackpot is low.  Wait until the cash jackpot is at least 100 million to play PB or MM.

Trump 2016!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                        Member #52345
                        May 21, 2007
                        2659 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Type best way to avoid a lottery related hangover is to mind what you spend

and spend less time number chasing

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5603 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

While the odds are severely stack against someone winning, it's the idea of knowing others have done it by taking their dollar(or 2) and purchasing a ticket. I looked at the number of jackpot winners just on the PB list over the last 5 (10-14)years and it looks like we are averaging about 14 winners for the year. 2011 & 2014 were below that number - although we have almost as many winners that have collected in 2015 as we did in all of 2014. This doesn't include the 2nd tier prize winners of a million or more $$.
                          14 times a year, people have defied the odds and created their financial freedom. If those lucky folks beat the odds, then why can't I or you do it ? It's simple....We can...Every time we go the store and purchase that lil slip of paper with those numbers on it. We just don't know BUT we believe and it's what we want. Every time I purchase one of those tickets, I think of what I could do to help so many folks out. Not necessarily give others enough to retire, but to pay off a student loan or medical bill. Maybe a credit card, help out someone that is behind in their taxes, fill a local food pantry's shelves, put some money into a non profit cause that's near to my heart. Perhaps volunteering at a VET center, mentoring an at-risk child or participate in a Big brothers/Big sisters program.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Dana,

I couldn't have said it better than you.

Good luck!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3474 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2015, 11:10 am - IP Logged

"if she can do it -- so can we!"

So when are you going to the moon? After all, it's been done several times.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                              Member #164603
                              March 8, 2015
                              612 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2015, 11:15 am - IP Logged

"if she can do it -- so can we!"

So when are you going to the moon? After all, it's been done several times.

Well, that's still gonna cost you 20M so after the jackpot win probably.