Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could you do it?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10391 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2015, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Let's say the Lottery Fairie or a genie granted you a wish but there's a condition.

You will hit a jackpot but the condition is you can never play lotto again. If you do you'll lose everything you won and never hit again.

Could you do it?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #165541
    April 12, 2015
    554 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2015, 2:32 am - IP Logged

Let's say the Lottery Fairie or a genie granted you a wish but there's a condition.

You will hit a jackpot but the condition is you can never play lotto again. If you do you'll lose everything you won and never hit again.

Could you do it?

If the lottery fairy, granted me a 635 million lottery win, then did I not achieve the goal?

Are you suggesting that lottery players are greedy loathsome, soulless individuals that would not enjoy, spend, invest, giveaway, their money, but instead are so

sleaze ball covetous and addicted that they would be salivating the next day for more lottery wins? 

That sounds like what you are implying.

You dont have a very high opinon of poeopl do you.

Why would I want to play the lottery again?

I would rather take a trip on my brand new 35 million dollar unsinkable yacht, travel around the world,  travel to Greece and the Canaries with my friends and family and walk

around all day on the hillsides in the ruins of Mykonos with my 2 thousand dollar metal detector looking for drachmas.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2015, 4:22 am - IP Logged

It depends on the size of the jackpot. I really enjoy playing the lottery but if it was a large jackpot like Mega Millions or Powerball I believe I could do it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3316 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2015, 4:44 am - IP Logged

can i pick the jackpot? ive seen short stories like this.  and by the time to contract is  read, understood, and signed the lotto   machines have closed, and joe punter is left peniless , or 400 people also win the same jackpot.   but yeah as long as its the next game " I " play. sure.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
          Athens
          Greece
          Member #133234
          September 24, 2012
          192 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2015, 4:56 am - IP Logged

I could shoot the Fairy or Genie afterwards...

6/49 dis(assembly)

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #77167
            July 15, 2009
            569 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2015, 5:51 am - IP Logged

If it is MM or PB I wouldn't play again.  For one of those, yes I could never play again.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              42062 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2015, 6:02 am - IP Logged

It depends on the size of the jackpot. I really enjoy playing the lottery but if it was a large jackpot like Mega Millions or Powerball I believe I could do it.

Have to agree.

HyperBe Happy.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                42062 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2015, 6:02 am - IP Logged

I could shoot the Fairy or Genie afterwards...

Green laughlol

HyperBe Happy.

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #162434
                  January 2, 2015
                  939 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2015, 6:08 am - IP Logged

Could you do it?

Easy, yes.  I am a simple person and just looking to get enough to be unshackled from any employer and take care of myself.  My needs are modest so MOST jackpots would be enough - 500k or more(after the taxman come-ith Red Devil). 

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2679 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2015, 6:35 am - IP Logged

Skeptical

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5760 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2015, 8:02 am - IP Logged

If the lottery fairy, granted me a 635 million lottery win, then did I not achieve the goal?

Are you suggesting that lottery players are greedy loathsome, soulless individuals that would not enjoy, spend, invest, giveaway, their money, but instead are so

sleaze ball covetous and addicted that they would be salivating the next day for more lottery wins? 

That sounds like what you are implying.

You dont have a very high opinon of poeopl do you.

Why would I want to play the lottery again?

I would rather take a trip on my brand new 35 million dollar unsinkable yacht, travel around the world,  travel to Greece and the Canaries with my friends and family and walk

around all day on the hillsides in the ruins of Mykonos with my 2 thousand dollar metal detector looking for drachmas.

Dang, Silverkitty

You read a lot into a simple question. BTW, he didn't mention how big of a jackpot. If it's a Cash 5 worth $18,000, or a record setting jackpot, or somewhere in between. Maybe that plays into the equation, no?

I actually thought about this the other day. If I won a PB, MM, or Lotto jackpot I realized I would keep playing as I usually just buy 1 line for each game. The main reason is that I just really enjoy playing the lottery, and not just the jackpot games.

Unlike how you feel about yourself, I'm not greedy, sleazeball, covetous, addicted, or salivating. And as hard as I tried, I just didn't find anywhere in CoinToss's question where he was implying any of that. YOU came up with that s**t.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                        nc
                        United States
                        Member #99520
                        October 26, 2010
                        375 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2015, 8:31 am - IP Logged

Any jackpot that is over 600k after taxes would be enough for me to resist the temptation.  Will be too busy farming to play. 

Millions would be a delightful luxury!

loco gato

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4146 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2015, 9:39 am - IP Logged

$20 million or thereabouts: Deal. There is this line in a popular movie where this person says " l never look back Darling"..That's me.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                            Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #94283
                            July 17, 2010
                            2284 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2015, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Yeah as long as it's a JP for a game I choose to play, and as long as I'm the sole winner (or get at least a million in the case of multiple winners) then I'd be happy to stop playing.  I'd have to watch myself for a few months till I get out of the habit though.  It's become second nature to put on my walking shoes and walk to a c-store or grocery store or liquor store and get a ticket without even thinking about what I'm doing.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                              Happy California
                              United States
                              Member #157856
                              August 2, 2014
                              1549 Posts
                              Posted: August 6, 2015, 10:22 am - IP Logged

zinniagirl, Does loco gato translate into "Crazy cat"?  I know that the city of Los Gatos ,California means Wild cats.

I am really enjoying the all the replies in this thread. Thank YouDance

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb