Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could you do it?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
TX
United States
Member #121193
January 4, 2012
1637 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2015, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I would have to say that the jackpot would have to be  around $10-12 million with a take home of 6-7 Million cash after taxes. If that wish was granted & I won...I would never play it again.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

cbr$'s avatar - maren
    Cordova,Al.
    United States
    Member #104482
    January 15, 2011
    4940 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2015, 10:55 am - IP Logged

It depends on the size of the jackpot. I really enjoy playing the lottery but if it was a large jackpot like Mega Millions or Powerball I believe I could do it.

I Agree!

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Bronx, NY
      United States
      Member #164554
      March 6, 2015
      798 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2015, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I would only agreed if the jackpot after taxes and everything is said and done I get to keep $125 million than I would never play again.

CALI
        Afghanistan
        Member #118735
        November 6, 2011
        134 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2015, 11:37 am - IP Logged

In covenant for $27 Million. Oh Yeah never again would I play any Lotto...

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
          Athens
          Greece
          Member #133234
          September 24, 2012
          188 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2015, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I can't stop playing.

I strongly believe that are also some folks here who are trying to perfect their systems / strategies for years; 'beat the odds' - you may call it whatever you choose. You can't stop playing the Lottery if you make a descent living out of it or win the JP. It only makes sense *to me*, to try even harder to perfect your 'system', 'strategy', 'programs' and take it to the next level.

Just my 2 cents... mho ofc.

6/49 dis(assembly)

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3106 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2015, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

My plan after a big win would be to continue playing to share my good fortune in growing the pot for others.

Multi-million win, stop playing, not a problem.

BobP

grwurston's avatar - 144
              Let's Go Rangers!!!
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4884 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2015, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I can't stop playing.

I strongly believe that are also some folks here who are trying to perfect their systems / strategies for years; 'beat the odds' - you may call it whatever you choose. You can't stop playing the Lottery if you make a descent living out of it or win the JP. It only makes sense *to me*, to try even harder to perfect your 'system', 'strategy', 'programs' and take it to the next level.

No. I agree with riscknight. Let's suppose you came up with a pick 4 straight system that REALLY kicked butt. I'm talking straight hits 50% of the draws. Since the amount of the jackpot wasn't specified, you could easily bypass the jackpot win and still enjoy playing.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2015, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

I can't stop playing.

Brad Duke still plays, but I don't think it's to perfect his system, at least not exclusively for that reason, because he won a few bucks on Idaho's raffle a year or 2 ago. 

I'm not that type of player.  I do it for the entertainment value of dreaming what I'd do if I won, and for the money.  If I had the money, I wouldn't need the dream because I'd be too busy spending my money.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4806 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2015, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

If my net amounted to $2  Million at least, easily.

J'aime La France.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10356 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2015, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

rcbuckeye,

Thanks.

Tinkitty,

You sure do assume things about people you don't even know and accuse them of things. That only proves to everyone else what an opinionated buffoon that jumps to conclusions you are.

All,
                    Thanks for the replies. I left game and jackpot amount out because the genie or Lottery Fairy probably would too.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                      Member #164603
                      March 8, 2015
                      614 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2015, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

This reminds me og how people were ragging on the Bayfords (€190m winners) when the husband was photographed buying a ticket after hitting the jackpot.

I'd like to keep playing as it's fun and a bit of a habit, but if I absolutely couldn't and I was the solle winner of $100m cash, then yeah, I'd stop.

Roulette looks fun.Dance

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Ft. Washington, MD
                        United States
                        Member #159267
                        September 20, 2014
                        123 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2015, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Let's say the Lottery Fairie or a genie granted you a wish but there's a condition.

You will hit a jackpot but the condition is you can never play lotto again. If you do you'll lose everything you won and never hit again.

Could you do it?

if it were a life changing amount of money then yes that would be very easy for me to do.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                          Member #165541
                          April 12, 2015
                          545 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

rcbuckeye,

Thanks.

Tinkitty,

You sure do assume things about people you don't even know and accuse them of things. That only proves to everyone else what an opinionated buffoon that jumps to conclusions you are.

All,
                          Thanks for the replies. I left game and jackpot amount out because the genie or Lottery Fairy probably would too.

Lep

Listen coin flip.  I dont know what kind of chitty fairies they have where you are from, but i would do one better than shoot it, I would eat it like a big fat juicy mutton chop and poop him out. 

Oh now, you added buffon? So now to quote you, I am a low life, sleazeball, opinionated tout, and buffoon?  Boy you sure just asked for one star with that last comment. 

But I will take the high road.  Do you know what that is coin flip?  And no its not the best paying slot machine ever in vegas.

I will give you this instead.  Watch out, I trained it to eat chitty fairies, who offer chitty pick 3 straight jackpot wins to SilverLions.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10356 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2015, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

timnkitty,

Discussion boards are really beyond you.

See Ya!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United Kingdom
                              Member #167822
                              August 1, 2015
                              9 Posts
                              Posted: August 7, 2015, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Definitely. Whilst I enjoy the lottery, I'm sure I could find other things to entertain me in place of playing the lottery if I had a few million in my bank account. Wink