Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could you do it?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2015, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I would never play again if I won a JP.  I would not play because I would already be well off and I wouldn't want to screw anyone out of a jackpot that might really deserve it or need it!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1270 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2015, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

I would never play again if I won a JP.  I would not play because I would already be well off and I wouldn't want to screw anyone out of a jackpot that might really deserve it or need it!

A yr. or so after the Texas Lottery started, they ran a TV advert w/ a couple of the winners.  Both men were on the upper side of middle aged and they were "arguing" about which one was going to be the first one to win it twice.  I didn't think "Hey!  Ya'll need to lay off to give ME a chance!"  More power to 'em if they did.

I don't know if I'd play it again - I think I probably would if I just happened to be in a store where they sold them and bought a ticket or two on a whim.  OTOH, winning would allow me to afford to play a system or wheel numbers.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
      Member #165244
      March 30, 2015
      227 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2015, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

For a large enough jackpot...Consider it done...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5592 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2015, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I suppose if the jackpot was large enough for me to retire on, I would quit playing so the fairy wouldn't take it away. But..... I really like playing, so it better be a big one! LOL.

Or.... maybe I would turn to playing only the daily games.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2015, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

jjtheprince,

That's a good point but once we had a thread here about feeling obligated to quit your job if you won a jp, to make room for someone who really needed a job.

The most common response was, "I ain't obligated to do anything."

Tough crowd.

//////////////////////////

rcbuckeye,

What if the Lottery Fairie had said no lotto at all, no scratchers, pick 3/ 4 nada.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2015, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I would only agreed if the jackpot after taxes and everything is said and done I get to keep $125 million than I would never play again.

Good thinking. It would be stupid to give up your incredibly small chance of winning anything more than a few grand in exchange for a guarantee of $2 to 5 million, wouldn't it?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2015, 12:23 am - IP Logged

The lottery is gambling, right?

Going for a deal like the one mentioned, not knowing the amount would be gambling too.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5592 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2015, 8:27 am - IP Logged

jjtheprince,

That's a good point but once we had a thread here about feeling obligated to quit your job if you won a jp, to make room for someone who really needed a job.

The most common response was, "I ain't obligated to do anything."

Tough crowd.

//////////////////////////

rcbuckeye,

What if the Lottery Fairie had said no lotto at all, no scratchers, pick 3/ 4 nada.

Scared

Well, that means the little fairy would be introduced to some 00 buck. LOL.

If it's enough to retire on, I could quit.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)