Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Neural Net Lottery Picker

677 replies. Last post 13 days ago by dr san.

Page 2 of 46
PrintE-mailLink
stoopendaal's avatar - archer

Netherlands
Member #3476
January 24, 2004
212 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2015, 4:41 am - IP Logged

Hi MillionsWanted,

I can't give you recommended settings for this tool because I haven't done enough testing.

While testing last week, this tool I gave me a match 5 (back-testing 10 (upcoming) draw results, pick 6/45) and sometimes a match 4, 3 and many times a match 2.

Here some match results (back testing the latest 10 draw results, pick 6/45. see image below the settings I used ):

I used the following settings (these settings gave me last week a match 5 while testing for my game):

When after a while no new results are found by the tool you can stop the training en start it again to collect lottery picks (and do some analysis).

As I stated earlier, I'm not asserting this tool produces better picks than other techniques (more tests are required).

I developed this tool for fun and was curious how to apply an ANN algorithm for different lottery games on a more generic an easy way (compared to other products).

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
    Member #3002
    December 11, 2003
    477 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2015, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Im interested to purchase, can it be used for UK 6/49 and Euromillions 5/50 + 2/11 ?

Also can the settings be "automated" according to the most productive previous lottery results?

Thanks.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.

Netherlands
      Member #3476
      January 24, 2004
      212 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

1- Can this software be saved on the desktop? If so where is the "save as" button?

Create a folder on your laptop/pc (like c:/MyLotteryTools/NeuralNet/)  and copy the tool (exe file) from your download folder to this folder.

Next right click on the tool ( a menu will pop up) and finally create a shortcut of the tool to your desktop.

2- How can we use this software to win the BIG MM and PB jackpots? And more importantly, how long do I have to wait before I win the huge jackpots.

It's an experimental tool, so I don't know (yet) if the picks created by this NN algorithm shows to be better than random play (quick picks). More testing has to be done by the users of the tool.

3- When you "start the training" it goes on a loop forever unless you stop it? What are the total error, average error, etc... and how can I use this information to win the afore mentioned jackpots? ==> The training stops automatically when the average error is smaller than the noise value you set at the NN Settings page. If the noise value is too small it's likely the average error will never go below this value (for noisy lottery data) and the training will keep on going.

average error: the sum of the  (difference of the target values (next lottery draw result) and the output neurons (with input the previous lottery draw result))^2 for all the records in the training data. Finally the squared root of this sum is the average error.  This average error is a measure of the accuracy of the predictability of the created neural network (previous lottery result(s) predicting the next lottery result in the training data). 

Netherlands
        Member #3476
        January 24, 2004
        212 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Im interested to purchase, can it be used for UK 6/49 and Euromillions 5/50 + 2/11 ? Yes, it can also be used for these games. Instructions can be found in the tool. You don't have to purchase the application, it's freewareSmile

Also can the settings be "automated" according to the most productive previous lottery results?  Yes, that would be a nice feature Smile. It's also difficult  to implement such a function because the initial state of the training the weight values of the neural network are set randomly giving different outputs each time you start a training (with the same NN settings).

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
          Member #3002
          December 11, 2003
          477 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Im interested to purchase, can it be used for UK 6/49 and Euromillions 5/50 + 2/11 ? Yes, it can also be used for these games. Instructions can be found in the tool. You don't have to purchase the application, it's freewareSmile

Also can the settings be "automated" according to the most productive previous lottery results?  Yes, that would be a nice feature Smile. It's also difficult  to implement such a function because the initial state of the training the weight values of the neural network are set randomly giving different outputs each time you start a training (with the same NN settings).

THANK YOU !

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.
            lakerben's avatar - spherewall
            New Mexico
            United States
            Member #86099
            January 29, 2010
            11119 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Neural Networks and the applicability to lotteries has been discussed many times here on Lottery Post.

Here some comments on NN here on Lottery Post of the past years: 

"You are quite correct in your comments that neural networks will not predict the winning numbers everytime. They are however very powerful prediction tools that when used with other ai toolsets can reduce your odds and give you more winnings than other methods."

"If the lottery is not random enough they might be able to find a pattern if not, it's just like guessing"

"Most of the work of neural networks is going into pattern recognition and simulations. Neural networks are trained rather than programmed, and potentially will have the most adaptability of any expert system, but like humans they can make mistakes."

"Neural networks are particularly adept at solving problems that cannot be expressed as a series of steps. Neural networks are particularly useful for recognizing patterns, classification into groups, series prediction and data mining."

"There is no such thing as AI or NI when it comes to lotteries, anyone saying something different I challenge them to prove it"

"AI and NN along with many other methods of prediction can be applied to lotteries, just don't expect
            them to work. I have written at least a dozen of each and the lottery is just too random. Trying to
            predict the lottery is a waste of time IMHO but that does not mean that we can't play smarter. Study
            the data and then make your best guess. Forget the odds, don't apply to much math and trust your
            gut instincts. AI and NN can be used to make forecast for some events like sales, stocks, profits etc...
            but these events are not based on random. Math can be used to test the randomness of a game but
            it will never be able to predict random"

The last couple of months I did a research on this subject and wrote a simple program (freeware) using a neural network generating lottery picks (predictions?) using the history draw results of a lottery game (via import feature in the tool).

So now you have the opportunity testing a Neural Network algorithm for your lottery game(s) Dance

Information and instructions can be found in the tool.

You can download tool here: http://intelbet.somee.com/tools/nnlp.rar (zipped file)  or  http:/intelbet.somee.com/tools/nnlp.exe (exe file)

Some screen shots (From Windows 10):

Generate Picks

Generate Picks 2

Neural Network Settings

Note: I'm not asserting you can predict the/some winning numbers for you lottery game with this tool.

About the tool:

- Obusfacted with Confuserex

- No installation required, just put the executable somewhere

- No changes are made to your registry

Good luck!

I keep getting a page not found message.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
              Member #9517
              December 10, 2004
              1272 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2015, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I tested it on Viking Lotto today. I run the NNLP with 23 draws two times and chose the first 4 picks(output NN) each time.

I won the smallest prize 3/6 and got a small profit.

Party

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1272 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2015, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I got some suggestions if you got plans to develop your software further:

Set a limit to have many picks you want

Not just lines/picks but also recommended numbers: For example chose between 6 - 48/49 numbers, so I can use them in a wheel.

For Keno: Pick between 10 and 70/80 recommended numbers to use in wheels.

lottolot's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                  Tanhauser Gates
                  Holy See (Vatican City State)
                  Member #139281
                  February 18, 2013
                  173 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2015, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi Stoopendal:

You so glad like always!!.

Your program is very good and is very easy to use.

I´m doing testings,and I hope good results,like with all your good programs.

Thanks againSmileHyper

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                    Member #3002
                    December 11, 2003
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2015, 8:36 am - IP Logged

How do I input draw data for Euro Millions please as it seems it doesn't recognise the star numbers?

Thanks.

Norway
                      Member #9517
                      December 10, 2004
                      1272 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2015, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Try this instead:

Do not include extra/bonus numbers with the main numbers.

If you're supposed to play star numbers in addition to main numbers, predict star numbers separately.

Netherlands
                        Member #3476
                        January 24, 2004
                        212 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2015, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi lakerben,

something went wrong while creating the download links in my first post.

Copy one of these links in your browser's address bar:

http:/intelbet.somee.com/Tools/NNLP.rar

http:/intelbet.somee.com/Tools/NNLP.exe

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                          New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #86099
                          January 29, 2010
                          11119 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Hi lakerben,

something went wrong while creating the download links in my first post.

Copy one of these links in your browser's address bar:

http:/intelbet.somee.com/Tools/NNLP.rar

http:/intelbet.somee.com/Tools/NNLP.exe

I'll give it  try and thanks!

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Netherlands
                            Member #3476
                            January 24, 2004
                            212 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2015, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Hi MillionWanted,

Wow! Did you do first some back testing before (with these NN settings) you chose to play with the 8 NN picks?

Not just lines/picks but also recommended numbers: For example chose between 6 - 48/49 numbers, so I can use them in a wheel.

For Keno: Pick between 10 and 70/80 recommended numbers to use in wheels.    ==> unfortunately these functions are not possible for the  NN algorithm I'm using in this tool. However , at the moment I'm developing a new NN algorithm using number statistics as input which will generate a  probability value for each number as output. With this algorithm you'll be able to select for example the top 3,..,6, ..,10,11, etc ranking numbers Dance

Norway
                              Member #9517
                              December 10, 2004
                              1272 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2015, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Hi MillionWanted,

Wow! Did you do first some back testing before (with these NN settings) you chose to play with the 8 NN picks?

For Keno: Pick between 10 and 70/80 recommended numbers to use in wheels.    ==> unfortunately these functions are not possible for the  NN algorithm I'm using in this tool. However , at the moment I'm developing a new NN algorithm using number statistics as input which will generate a  probability value for each number as output. With this algorithm you'll be able to select for example the top 3,..,6, ..,10,11, etc ranking numbers Dance

Hi. I used the standard setting for Alpha. Didn't change it.  I set the Hidden Layer Neurons to max, Training Data Range to max and did not use

Skip Training Data since I wanted the first four picks anyway.

I did no back testing, had no time left before the VikingLotto draw. I will do some backtesting for the different lotteries and keno later.

I did the training in two parts because the NNLP takes too long to finish if I did all 8 picks at once. My experience is 4 picks takes a few minutes, 8 picks would have taken half a day.

Page 2 of 46