Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone bought 15 mega millions tickets to capture every mega ball number?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2015, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Have wondered if anyone has bought 15 mega millions tickets for one draw in order to capture every mega ball number? I always buy one ticket with the extra dollar to play with the megaplier so it would cost me 30 dollars if I ever did that. If people have done this do you use all the 75 numbers or would you repeat some and leave some off? The same goes for the draw game Lucky for Life but that is a 2 dollar game to play and you would need to buy 18 tickets to capture every lucky ball. You could do the same for Powerball but since there are 35 separate Powerplay numbers you would have to spend either 70 dollars or 105 wihen you buy the Powerplay option. There are times I think about this as a one time thing but fear of spending that amount of money at one time (when I still try to stay on budget) keeps me from doing it so far.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2015, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Have wondered if anyone has bought 15 mega millions tickets for one draw in order to capture every mega ball number? I always buy one ticket with the extra dollar to play with the megaplier so it would cost me 30 dollars if I ever did that. If people have done this do you use all the 75 numbers or would you repeat some and leave some off? The same goes for the draw game Lucky for Life but that is a 2 dollar game to play and you would need to buy 18 tickets to capture every lucky ball. You could do the same for Powerball but since there are 35 separate Powerplay numbers you would have to spend either 70 dollars or 105 wihen you buy the Powerplay option. There are times I think about this as a one time thing but fear of spending that amount of money at one time (when I still try to stay on budget) keeps me from doing it so far.

I had been playing just one line with the megaplier, but the last draw and for tomorrow night I played 15 lines and all the mega balls. I don't play the megaplier when I buy that many tics. I got 1+1 Friday so my cost was $13. I just pick numbers from LP's RNG, but I also have two sets of numbers that have all 75 numbers in play that I don't buy tics for but I check them to see how close they come each draw. Also, when I picked my numbers from the RNG, I purposely left out any number in the 70's. So I play with a reduced field, and if the drawing cooperates (which it didn't Friday) then the odds are a "little" better.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2015, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I had been playing just one line with the megaplier, but the last draw and for tomorrow night I played 15 lines and all the mega balls. I don't play the megaplier when I buy that many tics. I got 1+1 Friday so my cost was $13. I just pick numbers from LP's RNG, but I also have two sets of numbers that have all 75 numbers in play that I don't buy tics for but I check them to see how close they come each draw. Also, when I picked my numbers from the RNG, I purposely left out any number in the 70's. So I play with a reduced field, and if the drawing cooperates (which it didn't Friday) then the odds are a "little" better.

"I purposely left out any number in the 70's. So I play with a reduced field, and if the drawing cooperates (which it didn't Friday) then the odds are a "little" better. I purposely left out any number in the 70's. So I play with a reduced field, and if the drawing cooperates (which it didn't Friday) then the odds are a "little" better."

Never the less you improved your odds of matching 4 by 40%, 73.4% of the time it will also improve your odds of matching 5 by 42.3% based on the last 192 winning combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2015, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I have never bought 15 lines that cover all mega balls because when I do it on paper I never get anything better than 1+1. I have done it enough times to make me lose hope in that strategy. I hope it brings laughter to all you who do it. Soon. Thumbs Up

That money's gone fo ever

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
          Jacksonville Florida
          United States
          Member #23018
          October 6, 2005
          918 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2015, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

The problem with buying 15 tickets covering all megaball numbers is that, even though you are guaranteeing 1 winning ticket with the megaball, you are also guaranteeing that 14 tickets will not have the beneficial effect of a megaball match...

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3056 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2015, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

In july I tried this method to no avail I bought 15 mega balls and QP the first five of the fifteen lines and added megaplier to them here in oregon.  But I did not win a jackpot the most I won over the two weeks or four draws is $5 with matching the mega ball and that is it.  So oregon is not lucky with mega millions I must say.weshar75

US Flag

CALI
              Afghanistan
              Member #118735
              November 6, 2011
              134 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2015, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Yes, we play all numbers 8 Times a month.

This is for both Mega and Powerball

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Bronx, NY
                United States
                Member #164554
                March 6, 2015
                798 Posts
                Posted: August 25, 2015, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Yes for fun I play all 15 mega balls with QP, other days I use my own numbers and the 15 mega balls, other times I only play the five games with the mega plier and is $10.

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #162631
                  January 7, 2015
                  509 Posts
                  Posted: August 25, 2015, 12:39 am - IP Logged

When the jackpot is huge, I may do a similar thing, with the pool #s I used to run at work.
                  Still, I blow about 130 or so, a month, even w/o those numbers. It's too much for me to think about so I don't.

I play some sets of numbers I've been playing all year, with the tiniest of results.
                  I sure do wish I had some better insight, somehow, to ponder possible winning combos.
                  One set (one play) I've been playing since last century. Still, nothing.   And, of course, that one set that got me $600 playing keno once or twice, about 20 years ago, still has not come up.

I was thinking of a combo using the last 6 draws on here, for my mm and pb.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                    Member #165244
                    March 30, 2015
                    228 Posts
                    Posted: August 25, 2015, 4:54 am - IP Logged

Question...can you use this method (playing each megaball) while using qp for all your other numbers (in this case the 75 numbers)...?

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: August 25, 2015, 5:57 am - IP Logged

Question...can you use this method (playing each megaball) while using qp for all your other numbers (in this case the 75 numbers)...?

Yes you can if the state you are playing in has bet slips that allow that. MA lottery bet slips don't have a qp option at all so you either fill your bet slip all the way or ask the store clerk for a qp. Can be annoying but whatever.

That money's gone fo ever

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #150797
                        December 31, 2013
                        815 Posts
                        Posted: August 25, 2015, 6:45 am - IP Logged

For those who don't want to buy 15 tickets, a more economical method would be to apply the probability median.  That is, 50% of the numbers will hit at or below their median skip -- so you can play the mega balls below their median, or if you don't want to do the calculations just play the most recent 7 or 8 balls to hit half the time.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3301 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2015, 8:35 am - IP Logged

we have 20 power ball numbers here. i  play a few games when pot is low and when it gets higher i increase the number of lines.  i dont play 20 but i make sure no powerball is repeated

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7325 Posts
                            Posted: August 25, 2015, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

If your play slips allow it, but you probably won't get all 75 numbers using QPs. Ever consider creating 15 sets with 15 lines and each set uses all 75 numbers?

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                              Member #165244
                              March 30, 2015
                              228 Posts
                              Posted: August 26, 2015, 12:22 am - IP Logged

If your play slips allow it, but you probably won't get all 75 numbers using QPs. Ever consider creating 15 sets with 15 lines and each set uses all 75 numbers?

Yikes...So how much would that cost?

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...