Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone bought 15 mega millions tickets to capture every mega ball number?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2015, 4:12 am - IP Logged

Can I just add a little something to think about ... several months back I was playing the top three Mega Balls with the extra dollar ... 3, 7 and 15.

For now, those numbers seem to be steady as the top three ... I played them with the extra dollar and on a good month, maybe I made a few dollars ... nothing to get excited about.

In August I changed everything ... in April the Cash4Life game started in PA. I wasn't very excited about it and said I would never play it. Well as I was playing MM and PB ... I began to look more closely at the C4L game. Since there are only 4 Cash Balls compared to the 15 Mega Balls, I began thinking of dropping the MM game and playing the top 2 or 3 Cash Balls in the C4L ... of course, with only 4 Cash Balls a person can play them all.

First of all, there are only 60 numbers in C4L ... compared to 75 numbers with MM. So with playing all the 4 Cash Balls or maybe the 2 best Cash Balls, a person can work more combinations with the 60 numbers.

I just mention this for discussion or thoughts ... of course, not every state has the C4L game but if you live in a state that has this new game ... it might be worth checking it out more.

I think the cash option for $1000 a day for life is around $21 million ... I have to check that again, I saw those figures somewhere.

Working with 4 Cash Balls and 60 total numbers seems a lot better that 15 Mega Balls and 75 total numbers.

I just started putting more money on the C4L game in Aug and dropped the MM and PB games. I've been getting some money back, more than I have been getting back playing MM and PB.

Like I said earlier, I didn't play C4L for months after it started in April (in PA) and in July I started crunching numbers and watching results and made the switch just this month. I'm still working on my game plan with this new game.

I am now glad PA joined this game ... a player has a game with better odds (over MM and PB) and it still pays a nice amount of money for retirement or security.

Someone young can take the $1000 every day for life or $1000 a month (2nd prize) and someone older can take the cash option.

Yes, the prize money can be much more with MM and PB but you have the huge odds to work with ... unless you are a very lucky person and can win at anything.

Also, if there happens to be several winners that night with the C4L, that could make a difference with the prize money.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42150 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2015, 6:43 am - IP Logged

If I get a good hit on the pick 3 that day I might splurge.

HyperBe Happy.

United States
      Member #19223
      July 27, 2005
      44 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2015, 7:03 am - IP Logged

I've posted an image before-a screenshot from my software, but can't do this now, so will try to better explain, hope this helps TaurusX :)

Draw #194-> 4-4-4-5-4  4-4-4-5-4  5-4-4-4-5  4-4-4-3-3  4-4-4-4-5 <-Draw #169

Each number represents how many number groups did not hit per draw for Mega Millions, I showed them in groups of 5 drawings for a total of 25 draws (5 groups of 5 games each) to easily view.   That is allot of losing numbers to eliminate, help our odds!

18/25 had 4 groups, that is between 36 and 40 numbers to eliminate from 75 numbers, turning it into a 35-39 game!  If a group is hot & hitting you can either keep it, or if you think it's running out of steam, eliminate it. 

With Powerball last night, the 18 & 4 20's hit-just two groups.  I didn't get out last night, but looked at it on paper, most of my numbers were from the 20's-had the 25 and 28, 2/13 numbers picked. 

In Cash 4 Life, looks like the average 10# groups the last 10 games is 2, now & then 3.  Further back in the draws, there are more 3s as the trends come and go. 

If we had Cash 4 Life, I'd definitely give that a try, with only 4 bonus numbers, you seem to have a good strategy, C Wombat!

United States
        Member #19223
        July 27, 2005
        44 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2015, 7:27 am - IP Logged

The number groups for Mega Millions that I use are 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-75. 

Looking at the last 25-32 games (MM), 3/8 have 5 groups out, the others 5 have 4 groups out.

In my comment for Cash 4 Life, I meant 10 number groups out (not hitting) the last 10 games is 2.  (It's getting late/early lol...)

United States
          Member #161539
          December 3, 2014
          328 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2015, 8:16 am - IP Logged

I've posted an image before-a screenshot from my software, but can't do this now, so will try to better explain, hope this helps TaurusX :)

Draw #194-> 4-4-4-5-4  4-4-4-5-4  5-4-4-4-5  4-4-4-3-3  4-4-4-4-5 <-Draw #169

Each number represents how many number groups did not hit per draw for Mega Millions, I showed them in groups of 5 drawings for a total of 25 draws (5 groups of 5 games each) to easily view.   That is allot of losing numbers to eliminate, help our odds!

18/25 had 4 groups, that is between 36 and 40 numbers to eliminate from 75 numbers, turning it into a 35-39 game!  If a group is hot & hitting you can either keep it, or if you think it's running out of steam, eliminate it. 

With Powerball last night, the 18 & 4 20's hit-just two groups.  I didn't get out last night, but looked at it on paper, most of my numbers were from the 20's-had the 25 and 28, 2/13 numbers picked. 

In Cash 4 Life, looks like the average 10# groups the last 10 games is 2, now & then 3.  Further back in the draws, there are more 3s as the trends come and go. 

If we had Cash 4 Life, I'd definitely give that a try, with only 4 bonus numbers, you seem to have a good strategy, C Wombat!

Yes ko57 ... there are the trends with those four Cash Balls ... to save a little money, I have been only playing the 2, 3 and 4 Cash Balls but every so often I get beat by the #1 Cash Ball showing up ... but I could still win the second prize if my five regular numbers would bounce out.

As I mentioned earlier, it's still a new game for me and I may cut back on C4L tickets in Oct or Nov. I was spending $18 (9 tickets) every draw but for Sep I am going to go $24 for every drawing ... there are only 8 drawings in Sep, instead of the usual 9.

That would be four tickets each with the # 2, 3 and 4 Cash Ball ... still not going to play the #1 Cash Ball.

I have to hope the #1 CB isn't a trend for September ... it won't be a good month. I may eventually just play all four Cash Balls.

CW

United States
            Member #19223
            July 27, 2005
            44 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2015, 9:08 am - IP Logged

CW,

Do you track this by hand-pen & paper, software, or LP stats?  Looks like the 2 & 3 or the hitters, I can see not chasing the 1, maybe play one ticket with 1 bonus just in case lol...

Just looking at it, seems groups 6-30 & 41-54 might be good for next draw.  Good luck, that is a good game.  They're all good if we hit

KO

United States
              Member #161539
              December 3, 2014
              328 Posts
              Posted: August 30, 2015, 10:15 am - IP Logged

CW,

Do you track this by hand-pen & paper, software, or LP stats?  Looks like the 2 & 3 or the hitters, I can see not chasing the 1, maybe play one ticket with 1 bonus just in case lol...

Just looking at it, seems groups 6-30 & 41-54 might be good for next draw.  Good luck, that is a good game.  They're all good if we hit

KO

ko57 ... I thank you for pointing out about the # 2 and 3 Cash Balls ... actually those were the only two Cash Balls that I had been playing in early August and for some reason I decided to also play the #4 CB.

With only four CBs ... I guess I should consider playing all of them ... I've been leaning this way but decided to gamble on 3 out of the 4 CBs.

I have been doing all this on paper for now ... I want to make a chart of some sort on my computer. With only four CBs ... I think I can handle that with my brain ... as for the five regular numbers ... I go with a set 5 QPs and then I play two numbers I like with 3 QP numbers and then four numbers I like with one QP number.

I have a little mix of my numbers and QPs ... as I said, the game is still new to me and I am still working things or my ideas out.

I may try the #1 CB on Thursday, especially if I get beat by the #1 CB tomorrow.

GLTA

CW

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5763 Posts
                Posted: August 30, 2015, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Got my 15 tics for Tuesday night. Took a break last Friday and just bought 2 tics with megaplier, but gonna hit it harder this week.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                  Member #145267
                  August 1, 2013
                  1732 Posts
                  Posted: August 30, 2015, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Please let us know how those 15 tics workout for you on Tuesday.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5763 Posts
                    Posted: August 30, 2015, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Please let us know how those 15 tics workout for you on Tuesday.

The previous 2 draws that I bought 15 tics I had 1+1 each time for $2. I've got all 75 numbers in play and all 15 megaballs in play. Really would be happy to just win the million dollar second prize.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)