Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning M/M at 15million

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Teddi.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Ft. Washington, MD
United States
Member #159267
September 20, 2014
123 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2015, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Hasn't anybody noticed that no one has not won the mega millions at its starting jackpot of 15 mil.? it has been several years since that last happened. There was a time when the starting JP got hit at least twice a year. I know there are lots of people out there that would love to hit that 15 mil. You could make do with that. But i think MUSL folks have been keeping that from being hit anymore. Your two cents on this ?

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2015, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical wouldn't surprise me .....

but then when you think about it , surely thars not all that much interest in such a petty pot

Ft. Washington, MD
      United States
      Member #159267
      September 20, 2014
      123 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2015, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical wouldn't surprise me .....

but then when you think about it , surely thars not all that much interest in such a petty pot

It may be a petty pot but that petty pot is still a lot of money. The cash value may only be 7 mill or something and 30 yrs ago that was a lot of money but today it's humph! but you could make that 7 mil work for you. 

Ft. Washington, MD
        United States
        Member #159267
        September 20, 2014
        123 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2015, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

It may be a petty pot but that petty pot is still a lot of money. The cash value may only be 7 mill or something and 30 yrs ago that was a lot of money but today it's humph! but you could make that 7 mil work for you. 

My bad, the cash value is actually 9.2 million and that is almost a cool 10 million. Wouldn't hurt to have even that.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3854 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2015, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Hasn't anybody noticed that no one has not won the mega millions at its starting jackpot of 15 mil.? it has been several years since that last happened. There was a time when the starting JP got hit at least twice a year. I know there are lots of people out there that would love to hit that 15 mil. You could make do with that. But i think MUSL folks have been keeping that from being hit anymore. Your two cents on this ?

Was that before the last matrix change that made it more difficult to hit ?

The 15MIL is enough for me, even the 9.2 CV, even the 1/2 of that that's left after tax.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5600 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2015, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

There's over 258 million combinations. They don't even come close to selling that many tickets, and not that many people play when the jackpot has been reset.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2015, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

The odds of winning are 1 in 259 million and typical sales for the starting jackpot are 15 to 20  million tickets. That means that only 1/13th to 1/17th of the combinations will be in play. That means we should expect a starting jackpot to be won once in every 13 to 17 rolls. Since there are seldom more than a dozen winners per year there are seldom more than a dozen starting jackpots, which means the starting jackpot should only be hit every year to year and a half.

Ft. Washington, MD
                United States
                Member #159267
                September 20, 2014
                123 Posts
                Posted: September 15, 2015, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Was that before the last matrix change that made it more difficult to hit ?

The 15MIL is enough for me, even the 9.2 CV, even the 1/2 of that that's left after tax.

HM, i think it last happened before the matrix change. Not sure, as i can remember it had to be about several years ago.

RC, i have to agree that it sure seems like not enough people play on the reset. Maybe it was a few years back but people nowadays think the 15mil is nothing compared to what 40 - 50 mil is. i think  that's when more people start to jump on. 

Ft. Washington, MD
                  United States
                  Member #159267
                  September 20, 2014
                  123 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2015, 12:00 am - IP Logged

The odds of winning are 1 in 259 million and typical sales for the starting jackpot are 15 to 20  million tickets. That means that only 1/13th to 1/17th of the combinations will be in play. That means we should expect a starting jackpot to be won once in every 13 to 17 rolls. Since there are seldom more than a dozen winners per year there are seldom more than a dozen starting jackpots, which means the starting jackpot should only be hit every year to year and a half.

That's why i bought this up. It should be hit at least once a year or half a year. But that has not happened for at least 3 or more years ago. So something is up

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2015, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Since the media will likely want a story, the payout is too small, and isn't worth the trouble.  That is why I wait until the jackpot is about 90 million for mm's.

United States
                      Member #52345
                      May 21, 2007
                      2659 Posts
                      Posted: September 16, 2015, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Since the media will likely want a story, the payout is too small, and isn't worth the trouble.  That is why I wait until the jackpot is about 90 million for mm's.

Skeptical personally I don't get interested in playing till it breaks at least $75 million for either game

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10351 Posts
                        Posted: September 16, 2015, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

And this is you in the Bad Habits thread:

"What a load of hypocrites here.  I get it, a lot of you hate being reminded you are throwing money away and you will never win any large amount."

So who is the hypocrite? You never play MM, you played on 7-15-15, and now you say you wait for a $90M or more JP, all posted by you.

Get yourself checked out for having multiple personalities.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #52345
                          May 21, 2007
                          2659 Posts
                          Posted: September 16, 2015, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

And this is you in the Bad Habits thread:

"What a load of hypocrites here.  I get it, a lot of you hate being reminded you are throwing money away and you will never win any large amount."

So who is the hypocrite? You never play MM, you played on 7-15-15, and now you say you wait for a $90M or more JP, all posted by you.

Get yourself checked out for having multiple personalities.

I Agree! Green laugh

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4108 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2015, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

My bad, the cash value is actually 9.2 million and that is almost a cool 10 million. Wouldn't hurt to have even that.

Well Taurus, with the present MM jackpot sitting at $20 mil, you going to get Uncle Sam taking a 2nd bite out of your jackpot payout- and then you looking at a shade under $8 million, all in all-that is still a good chunk of change. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22907 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2015, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I remember some going out at $15m and that was years ago. It does seem fuuny it doesn't go

out more often at that amount. Someone talked about odds but still it's possible not to cover all

the combos and still have a winner, it depends if qp or lucky self pick hits the combo.

Has anyone put thought into qp's and why it seems so...controlled random?

I got a quick pick for our PA Match 6 game on Saturday,  I forgot about it until (shaaammeee....)

today but scanned it and it was a $25 winner  - 4/6 match and a 5/18 on the same single play.

Surprise for me since $2 - $5 is what I usually win. 2 more numbers and ... Oh well.

Back to point - qp's seem to generate from a pool...so how can that be random?

AND..if a pool can be programmed, how, also, is that random?

Someone had a sensible theory on qp's and explained how they thought they operated.

Can that person post that info here plz? Does anyone remember who it was? Even Todd 

was impressed with the example.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557