Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning M/M at 15million

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Teddi.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
tom1975's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Maryland
United States
Member #168790
September 17, 2015
4 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2015, 7:35 am - IP Logged

I wonder what Terrell Owens is feeding his family now!  #smh

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #104962
    January 23, 2011
    1075 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2015, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

And this is you in the Bad Habits thread:

"What a load of hypocrites here.  I get it, a lot of you hate being reminded you are throwing money away and you will never win any large amount."

So who is the hypocrite? You never play MM, you played on 7-15-15, and now you say you wait for a $90M or more JP, all posted by you.

Get yourself checked out for having multiple personalities.

Too bad you have the wrong date,  that is what happens when you try to personally attack others, and are incorrect on top of it,  you end up looking worse then the person you are trying to go after.    According to the web archive wayback machine it took a snapshot of my signature.                                                                                                                                                                  Go look here ---->   https://web.archive.org/web/20150912004858/https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/244737/28

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4111 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2015, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

That guy's Wiki is an interesting facpaömy-read.

Yes he is. You should check out another ex basketball player: Antoinette Walker.This dude blew through over $100 million..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Ft. Washington, MD
        United States
        Member #159267
        September 20, 2014
        123 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2015, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

NG, thanks for the rating. This topic came to me out of the blue. I saw nobody was talking about this.

Ft. Washington, MD
          United States
          Member #159267
          September 20, 2014
          123 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2015, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I wonder what Terrell Owens is feeding his family now!  #smh

Who knows? The guy has been out of football for quite a while now. The big question is what is he doing for a living now? i don't see him involved with any position on any football team.

Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2015, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Green laugh

You should think first before following a person off the bridge  your buddy cointoss  is wrong Green laugh Here is a webshot of my signature with the date I first played mega millions ---> https://web.archive.org/web/20150912004858/https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/244737/28

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10354 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2015, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Oh, excuse me pickone, it was 7-20-15, you who never plays multi state jp games, this is you in the bad habits thread:

I shouldn't have to put this back on,  but here it is:  I don't play mega millions ( bought mega millions ticket 7/20/15 )  power ball.
              https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/293855/4275315

You're living proof that pathological liars don't have good memories.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4111 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2015, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

NG, thanks for the rating. This topic came to me out of the blue. I saw nobody was talking about this.

You Welcome. Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #104962
                  January 23, 2011
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2015, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Oh, excuse me pickone, it was 7-20-15, you who never plays multi state jp games, this is you in the bad habits thread:

I shouldn't have to put this back on,  but here it is:  I don't play mega millions ( bought mega millions ticket 7/20/15 )  power ball.
                  https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/293855/4275315

You're living proof that pathological liars don't have good memories.

What exactly am I lying about!? Did you not see the strike out through mega millions  and the date I put in when I bought the  ticket , yet I am some how a pathlogical liar.... The jackpot on tuesday july 21st was 152 million, which means the cash jackpot was what? 

I know you want to find any way to shut me up,  but you continuing this wild goose chase of baseless  personal attacks, and made up claims doesn't make you come off real good. Stop harassing me.

Trump 2016!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2015, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

You are not the center of the universe. When you say one thing and then contradict it and then contradict that and are caught it's not a personal attack, it's just someone calling you on your bs.

This is what you posted:

I don't see mega millions struck out. Your delusion continues.

I wasn't about to go through 28 pages of the Badger Pick 5 or whatever it is to see when you might have played MM. You don't play MM, oh wait, you play when it's $90M or more, etc.. ad nauseam.

You post without any consistency, thus without credibility.

Bye bye, you are NWTT, Not Worth Talking To. Maybe one of your other personalities will be a good audience for you.

See Ya!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                      Member #142499
                      May 13, 2013
                      1186 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2015, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Hasn't anybody noticed that no one has not won the mega millions at its starting jackpot of 15 mil.? it has been several years since that last happened. There was a time when the starting JP got hit at least twice a year. I know there are lots of people out there that would love to hit that 15 mil. You could make do with that. But i think MUSL folks have been keeping that from being hit anymore. Your two cents on this ?

I think there are a couple of reasons. Seems to me that there's not much point in spending the money to buy tickets when the MM jackpot is that low because a lot of state jackpots and scratch offs can be had at that amount but with much greater odds.

I don't think that most people would consider a $15 million jackpot chump change (even with a take home value of about a third of that). I think a person should be able to retire on $5M or they need to rethink their spending habits.  It's just that there are so many other games you could win that amount where your chances are much, much, much better. I know I never play MM when it's just reset because if I'm going to be throwing away money on games, it's only going to be on something I might stand a chance of winning, or because the jackpot is high enough for me to take that risk. I don't know what will happen when the Powerball matrix changes, but even if both MUSL games get reset at the same time, not only is the starting JP of PB more than double that of MM, the odds are better. There's no reason to choose MM over PB in that case unless you have an objection to the $2 price tag. 

Other reason is, sales are down on both PB and MM. If fewer tickets are being purchased, especially at the $15 million mark, it's unlikely that you're going to see as many people winning the $15 million as there were when sales were greater. Less tickets = less combinations being sold = fewer winners.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Ft. Washington, MD
                        United States
                        Member #159267
                        September 20, 2014
                        123 Posts
                        Posted: September 18, 2015, 9:41 am - IP Logged

I think there are a couple of reasons. Seems to me that there's not much point in spending the money to buy tickets when the MM jackpot is that low because a lot of state jackpots and scratch offs can be had at that amount but with much greater odds.

I don't think that most people would consider a $15 million jackpot chump change (even with a take home value of about a third of that). I think a person should be able to retire on $5M or they need to rethink their spending habits.  It's just that there are so many other games you could win that amount where your chances are much, much, much better. I know I never play MM when it's just reset because if I'm going to be throwing away money on games, it's only going to be on something I might stand a chance of winning, or because the jackpot is high enough for me to take that risk. I don't know what will happen when the Powerball matrix changes, but even if both MUSL games get reset at the same time, not only is the starting JP of PB more than double that of MM, the odds are better. There's no reason to choose MM over PB in that case unless you have an objection to the $2 price tag. 

Other reason is, sales are down on both PB and MM. If fewer tickets are being purchased, especially at the $15 million mark, it's unlikely that you're going to see as many people winning the $15 million as there were when sales were greater. Less tickets = less combinations being sold = fewer winners.

Teddi, thanks for your feedback. The reasons you gave for the MM not being hit on the reset makes sense to me.

I myself haven't really played on the reset that much over the last couple years because i saw it not getting hit like it used to. 

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                          Member #164603
                          March 8, 2015
                          614 Posts
                          Posted: September 18, 2015, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Yes he is. You should check out another ex basketball player: Antoinette Walker.This dude blew through over $100 million..

In fairness, that guy wasn't an all around dumbass, his investments went belly up, happens to a lot of people.

I think with athletes especially the education is just not there and the sports culture allows it, suddenly you have money and you need to be ballin', otherwise people won't believe you've made it.

They also don't realize how short a career cn be due to injury, and that at some point the stream dries up.

Interesting article on securing athlete's money:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-201503031600--tms--pagliarictnrp-a20150303-20150303-column.html

and

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-201411031200--tms--pagliarictnrp-a20141104-20141104-column.html

"I sat down with sports agent Leigh Steinberg of Steinberg Sports & Entertainment and we had a lengthy conversation about money and athletes. Contrary to popular wisdom, athletes don't lose their money by overspending. Leigh says, "It's very difficult for a high-paid athlete to spend their way into bankruptcy. When you earn $10 million a year, buying a $175,000 car instead of a $100,000 isn't going to make much difference. What really gets these guys are not the cars, jewelry, or even houses, it is the big three -- divorce, poor tax planning, and bad investments." Leigh went on to say, "Many of the players also have an illusion that their rate of income they earn as a professional athlete will continue over their lifetime." His advice? "Work with a competent financial advisor from the beginning who can be part of the team and help you get started on the right path," Leigh encourages."

Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4111 Posts
                            Posted: September 21, 2015, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

" Losing over $100 million happens to a lot of people".. Which people?

If  your investments are taking a beating by losing a million here, a million there, you don't wait till you hit the iceberg and then go looking for a lifeboat. You bail out a lot sooner & way before you take on water Max. 

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                              Member #164603
                              March 8, 2015
                              614 Posts
                              Posted: September 22, 2015, 10:39 am - IP Logged

" Losing over $100 million happens to a lot of people".. Which people?

If  your investments are taking a beating by losing a million here, a million there, you don't wait till you hit the iceberg and then go looking for a lifeboat. You bail out a lot sooner & way before you take on water Max. 

I know I know, but as I'm sure you know many athlete's are from low income households were financial planning doesn't/can't exist, there is never any money or the families live from paycheck to paycheck.

Suddenly you have all this money, and maybe people want to buy an Aston-Martin, okay.

But do people really only piss away the money? Or do people want to preserve the wealth and are way in over their head and too trusting or fall for the promises of advisors or become greedy?

Remember we are talking about people who do some kind of service for their (exorbitant) salary, they didn't win a lottery and it isn't a one-off for them, Tom Brady doesn't believe the money train is going to stop any time soon, neither are Serene Williams, Kobe Bryant or Jennifer Lawrence.

I think it's really easy when you don't have the time and you have a portfolio of a size hat you cannot oversee to end up losing a crapload of money.

Would it happen to me? No, I'd tell my advisors to f off and keep my investments over inflation +x%, but that's all fantasy. no, when some <snip> thinks he's too good for a 5M$ paycheck that's on him.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.