Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone have a system for picking numbers for the Jackpot.

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
NYC
United States
Member #161115
November 17, 2014
126 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2015, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Or do you just choose the usual birthday or favorite numbers, and hope for the best. I have my own system which includes numbers from past winning Mega Millions  & Power ball numbers. Similar to how Brad Duke picked his own when he won. I only use it when I have free time since it takes several hours and when the jackpot is over $120 million or higher. Other times itss usually QP. I came close a few times with matching the right numbers. But now with PB increased odds, it's  going to be harder.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1534 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2015, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Solewinner21, you are absolutely correct on pb that it will be harder to win the jackpot.  I use a combination of picking my sets of numbers, you could use for example addresses, but I do not use birthdays anymore.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2015, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Or do you just choose the usual birthday or favorite numbers, and hope for the best. I have my own system which includes numbers from past winning Mega Millions  & Power ball numbers. Similar to how Brad Duke picked his own when he won. I only use it when I have free time since it takes several hours and when the jackpot is over $120 million or higher. Other times itss usually QP. I came close a few times with matching the right numbers. But now with PB increased odds, it's  going to be harder.

There has been so many people trying to sell systems that simulate or duplicate Brad Duke's system that it's hard to tell what his system was or is.  It really doesn't matter since he hasn't won another jackpot so maybe he just got lucky which is more than I can say for my system.

My system also include numbers from past drawings but I use it for all the games I play.  I've matched 5of6 twice in the local Classic Lotto(6/49) in spite of the fact that most times I can't get a match3 with 10 lines.  Never did better than a match3 playing our Rolling Cash5(5/39) and no better with MM and PB.

Since MM changed its matrix to have 15 bonus numbers I now usually play 15 lines instead of 10 with all of the bonus numbers guaranteeding at least a $1 win.  With PB changing its matrix it's going to be a while before I have enough history to use my system with it again.

I use to think my system gave me an advantage but anymore I think of as a better alternative to quick picks.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2015, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

There are three things that I love. One is paying more for the ticket. Two is having a smaller chance to win. Three is receiving a smaller payout. Bang Head

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #165541
          April 12, 2015
          545 Posts
          Posted: October 13, 2015, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I do have a system, but it has taken many years to elucidate, hone, and perfect, so I can understand why a lot of members don't readily share.

It is smart to graph the numbers.  For PB i have noticed that often you will have three to four longshots in any given drawing.  So cold to hot numbers should be weighted accordingly.

For this type of high odd large matrix games, many numbers draw are cold numbers, or to be more precise missing many games.  However I wouldn't chase long shots.  In the last matrix the #17 once was out 92 draws. 

For Quick Pick players, the least you should do is find the hottest number and make sure you us it as a seed for a quick pick.

The cost and difficulty of the PB has caused me to not pay attention to the patterns.   

The best thing to do is be patient, budget, wheel, and keep a journal of your number ideas.  Give time for your numbers to come in.  I would also use a sum game here. 

I would frown on QP as you cant really analyze or track QP.  But if you have a store that gives you winning QP then keep going there.

Also I would do a three power number wheel, where you are only hoping to get minimum two of your power numbers correct.  With a max of perhaps 20 numbers in your wheel. 

Graph paper, or  a computer with some sort of software might also help.

The first two draws were 

18-30-40-48-52 PB 09 Sum 188

12-27-29-43-68 PB 01 Sum 179  so say perhaps by extrapolation, the next winner could be 

15-28-41-43-53  which would be sum 180.  If you want sum 170 then just substitute say the 31 for the 41

Its easier to visualize that way. IMO.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23275 Posts
            Posted: October 13, 2015, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7322 Posts
              Posted: October 13, 2015, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

From what I read, Duke's system was simply using 15 numbers that appeared the most over a period of time. My only question is "what period of time?". I matched 5 of 15 RC5 numbers and lost $3 because I only covered 0.43% of the possible 3003 lines. It looks like Duke was spending around $300 a drawing which gave him much more coverage than the 13 lines I used.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: October 13, 2015, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

From what I read, Duke's system was simply using 15 numbers that appeared the most over a period of time. My only question is "what period of time?". I matched 5 of 15 RC5 numbers and lost $3 because I only covered 0.43% of the possible 3003 lines. It looks like Duke was spending around $300 a drawing which gave him much more coverage than the 13 lines I used.

Spending $300 per drawing is a system even if you buying quick picks.  The last PB winner said she brought $20 worth of easy picks which I thought was plenty.

You were lucky to only lost $3 covering half of 3003 combinations, you should have tried a wheel that guaranteed a match5 if all 5 winning numbers were in the pool. Wink

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #169365
                  October 13, 2015
                  135 Posts
                  Posted: October 14, 2015, 2:21 am - IP Logged

The best thing you can do is observe past results. Let me preface that by saying all it has yielded me is about 10% average per draw, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Let's start by analyzing today's Mega Millions numbers and how I break it down: 7-9-24-38-52 +1 124789 3-3

The second group of numbers is the listing of the single digit 'weight' sequence of each - I saw a term on here what that weight is called, it slips my mind. The third group being the odd/even split which has only slightly more significance (if any) to me than draw sum.

If you go back through the past 200 drawings (appx 2 years worth), ~85% of the time the single digit weight sequence is either 4 or 5 digits, meaning that either 1 or 2 of the single digits repeated. There will be a smattering of 3-digit seqeunces (where 3 of them repeated) and 6-digits sequences (where none repeated), but the majority of the time, it's as noted above. ~10% for 6-digit and ~5% for 3-digit sequence. There are NO 2 digit sequences.

To add to that, ~85% of the time, 2 of the digits in that sequence will show up in the next draws sequence. Sometimes only 1 (or even none if it was a 3-digit previous), sometimes 3 of them will repeat, but very rarely (<1%) will 4 of them repeat.

These sequence strings are very unique, in that only a couple of them have repeated through 200 drawings. It is also very rare to have 3 of the numbers in this sequence be sequential (~15%). Even more rare for there to be 4 (<3%). On a side note: Draw #966 (9/23/14) this sequence was 012345

So with all that being said, all it gives you is a way to check your numbers before you play them and see if they fall into that general guideline. You're still going to have to have a crap load of luck to get the 10's positions matching. It's a PITA to try to play numbers while following this. But, if you have numbers in mind to play, apply the sequence rule to see if they're random enough.

Another thing that can be observed is the number of times that drawn number repeats happen. It happens more often than you think, ~15%. The repeats happen in clusters, as well. Sometimes more than 1 number repeats, sometimes there are three-peats. Usually no more than 10 drawings go by without having a repeat.

In reference to numbers being hot: It's a pretty safe assumption that at least 2 of the numbers in any draw will have had come up in the last 10 draws (sometimes more, sometimes less). Think of it as a more elaboate repeat.

So going back to tonight's MM result. There was a farily good chance that there was going to be another repeat (cluster theory) , because 63 had repeated in the previous 2 drawings. and 9 was the repeat from the previous draw this time (good luck guessing that, right?). There was also a farily good chance that another 6-digit sequence was going to show, as the previous drawing was also a 6-digit sequence - There was a string of 20 drawings where it was only 4 or 5 (longer than any I've observed).

~8% you will see a Mega repeat. ~3% you will see the Mega match one of the winning numbers.

~7% of the time there will be sequential strings. ~0.25% a triple sequence, only once in 200 MM draws and more prevalent in games with less than 75 balls.

An additional observation is that you can apply all of this to the Powerball or CA's Super Lotto Plus and see very similar results (though the mega counts are higher and will change the percentages of hits).

Another observation is how often times the PB, SLP or MM mega (power) balls follow suite. Case in point, last PB drawing, the PB was 1 (same as this drawing for MM).

odd/even breaks down to ~85% being either 3-3, 2-4, or 4-2. 5-1's or 1-5's hit ~14% and ~1% for 6-0, or 0-6. It is long overdue (50 draws) for a completely odd or even draw. But, keep in mind that it went 100 draws without one and there were 4 within the fist 50/200).

Another thing I observe is how often there is either a 5 or 10 postion 'jump' between numbers. ~5% for both.

Another way to observe the results is to mark up playslips with past results (just make sure you mark through the barcode so you don't accidentally play them - lol). It gives you an idea of the randomness. The number of times rows/columns have doubles/triples, row/column vacancy, how sometimes they're clusted together, how often numbers are diagonal from each other or 'stacked', shifting of a space or 2 from drawing to drawing, etc. Break up the matrix into quadrants and observe the hits and misses (for MM 3 columns each).

With all that being said, you can observe till you're blue in the face. If it were that easy to anaylize past results and have 'smart-luck', there'd be heck of a lot more people hitting jackpots. To put it into perspective, a millisecond (one one millionth of a second) is to a second what 1 second is to 37 years. Multiply that by 275 and you start to see what you're up against. It's a wonder anybody ever hits a jackpot.

So all that being said, 6 is long overdue for a Mega on Mega Millions and I predict it's going to come up with 6 in the sequence, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if it came up all evens, too. Heck, may as well make it a 3-digit sequence, too.

United States
                    Member #169365
                    October 13, 2015
                    135 Posts
                    Posted: October 14, 2015, 3:30 am - IP Logged

Sorry for the mistakes in my post.  I tried to correct them but missed the 20-minute window. 

I meant to say microsecond, not millisecond. 

There were a couple other points I wanted to clarify, but you get the gist.

One last thing I'll add about the sequences is that ~85% start with either a '0' or '1', the remaining percentage being mostly '2' or '3', but an occasional high number is thrown in, mainly when 3-digit sequences come into play.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: October 14, 2015, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

"My only question is "what period of time?"."

My guess would be some where around the previous 30 drawings since at least 50% of the combinations have had all their numbers hit at least once in that period.  But that' all past history now that PB has a new matrix.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #165541
                        April 12, 2015
                        545 Posts
                        Posted: October 14, 2015, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Spending $300 per drawing is a system even if you buying quick picks.  The last PB winner said she brought $20 worth of easy picks which I thought was plenty.

You were lucky to only lost $3 covering half of 3003 combinations, you should have tried a wheel that guaranteed a match5 if all 5 winning numbers were in the pool. Wink

Spending $300 per drawing is a system even if you buying quick picks.

That is one of the most misleading statements I have ever heard!!  I would expect that from CT, but from you?

That is as misleading as gail howard saying wheels are a system.  No wheels are NOT a system.  The system is in how you SELECT your numbers.

(And it is akin to brain surgery RJoH, I agree with you there)

If you a player spends 300 per draw on a QP, that is not a system, because the player has not control on the parameters.

No control on digits (first or last).  No control on sums.  No control on odd/even trends.  No control on group trends. 

You could play a 300 dollar wheel probably that gave a 5 if 5 of say perhaps 20.  A  system would mean you played 300 lines consistently from draw to draw.  There is not consistency in QP.  Some people I am sure play 1000 QP on a super draw.  That person might have better luck playing the same 300 wheel for three draws instead.

300 per draw is for old retired people (most rich, some poor), professional atheletes, hollywood and general illuminati corporate scum anyway.  Who want to divulge their systems to these people anyway?

United States
                          Member #165541
                          April 12, 2015
                          545 Posts
                          Posted: October 14, 2015, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Sorry for the mistakes in my post.  I tried to correct them but missed the 20-minute window. 

I meant to say microsecond, not millisecond. 

There were a couple other points I wanted to clarify, but you get the gist.

One last thing I'll add about the sequences is that ~85% start with either a '0' or '1', the remaining percentage being mostly '2' or '3', but an occasional high number is thrown in, mainly when 3-digit sequences come into play.

I read your post, and I am definatley blue in the face.Eek  Not just from the depth of your explanation but from my often over analysis of the games. 

You did touch on some very important points and were not overly technical or mathematical.   So kudos.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: October 14, 2015, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Spending $300 per drawing is a system even if you buying quick picks.

That is one of the most misleading statements I have ever heard!!  I would expect that from CT, but from you?

That is as misleading as gail howard saying wheels are a system.  No wheels are NOT a system.  The system is in how you SELECT your numbers.

(And it is akin to brain surgery RJoH, I agree with you there)

If you a player spends 300 per draw on a QP, that is not a system, because the player has not control on the parameters.

No control on digits (first or last).  No control on sums.  No control on odd/even trends.  No control on group trends. 

You could play a 300 dollar wheel probably that gave a 5 if 5 of say perhaps 20.  A  system would mean you played 300 lines consistently from draw to draw.  There is not consistency in QP.  Some people I am sure play 1000 QP on a super draw.  That person might have better luck playing the same 300 wheel for three draws instead.

300 per draw is for old retired people (most rich, some poor), professional atheletes, hollywood and general illuminati corporate scum anyway.  Who want to divulge their systems to these people anyway?

"Spending $300 per drawing is a system even if you buying quick picks.

That is one of the most misleading statements I have ever heard!!  I would expect that from CT, but from you?"

Why?  I consider any strategy a player use to win a lottery as a system.  Are you saying the strategy of trying to buy all the possible combination the investment group that won the Virginia Lottery some years back wasn't a system?  Or the strategy the Michigan couple and the MIT group that brought lots of tickets to beat the Massachusetts Wind Fall game wasn't a system?

Personally I'm not a fan of wheeling as a system, the guaranteed matches aren't worth the cost of the wheels.  For example to have a guaranteed match3 in a 6/49 game you need a wheel with 163 lines and a match3 only pays $2-$5 most places and the odds of matching three are 1:57. 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7322 Posts
                              Posted: October 14, 2015, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Duke could have covered 10% of the 3003 lines for $300 and possibly used a 4 if 4 of 15 number wheel. He mentioned a couple of nice hits before his jackpot win and probably explains betting $300.