Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the best of way of picking numbers?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 12 months ago by myturn.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

What's the best of way of picking numbers?

Special dates [ 2 ]  [3.33%]
Lottery terminal quick picks [ 8 ]  [13.33%]
Online RNGs [ 2 ]  [3.33%]
Pure Randomness [ 10 ]  [16.67%]
Lottery research [ 27 ]  [45.00%]
Doesn't matter [ 6 ]  [10.00%]
Doesn't matter because you're not going to win [ 5 ]  [8.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 60 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
travelintrucker's avatar - morph
Greenville, SC
United States
Member #169870
November 4, 2015
374 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2015, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I've been thinking about this for awhile. While most people play and win with QPs from lottery terminals; you have no control over the numbers you're given. After all they could have come up in a previous drawing. I like to check my numbers on USA Mega (shameless plug) before playing them in a lottery. I don't like to play special dates like birthdays because it raises the chances of sharing a jackpot. I've been trying to research numbers with RNGs but have found patterns in the numbers because they use algorithms to produce combinations. I've mention before that I used to do lottery research by using past drawing results. However, I didn't have all that much luck and it drove me crazy. I've decided that the best way to pick numbers is pure randomness. I now choose my numbers by doing my own lottery drawings for MM and PB; bonus ball included. I want raw randomness like lottery drawings. What are your thoughts on this subject? Got my truck serviced and now heading to Illinois. Good luck to those playing Powerball tonight!

May the balls bounce in your favor!

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
    Member #169277
    October 10, 2015
    630 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2015, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

My best method - sit quietly with no distractions, look at the playslip and mark the numbers that seem to "jump out" at me. Choose fresh numbers each week.  My favorite or "lucky" numbers seem to work their way in often. So, kinda random, but not truly random.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2015, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I wonder.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19829 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

If you never do any more than just think about it then you will probably conclude Quick Picks or some other randomly pick method that takes little effort.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          Romulus,MI
          United States
          Member #142372
          May 10, 2013
          2345 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2015, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Smile I read the stats. I always play the top numbers in MM & PB. I have won a lot more since then. For example,for the month of September I hit the MM 6 times. They were all tiny jackpots but I did win.

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40513 Posts
            Posted: November 28, 2015, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Copy off Raven, lol just kidding, do your research watch for patterns and Pray.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7314 Posts
              Posted: November 28, 2015, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I've been thinking about this for awhile. While most people play and win with QPs from lottery terminals; you have no control over the numbers you're given. After all they could have come up in a previous drawing. I like to check my numbers on USA Mega (shameless plug) before playing them in a lottery. I don't like to play special dates like birthdays because it raises the chances of sharing a jackpot. I've been trying to research numbers with RNGs but have found patterns in the numbers because they use algorithms to produce combinations. I've mention before that I used to do lottery research by using past drawing results. However, I didn't have all that much luck and it drove me crazy. I've decided that the best way to pick numbers is pure randomness. I now choose my numbers by doing my own lottery drawings for MM and PB; bonus ball included. I want raw randomness like lottery drawings. What are your thoughts on this subject? Got my truck serviced and now heading to Illinois. Good luck to those playing Powerball tonight!

If you're really interested "in the best way" read some of these poststhis and that, or maybe here.

"I've decided that the best way to pick numbers is pure randomness."

What's your definition of "pure randomness"?

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                Greenville, SC
                United States
                Member #169870
                November 4, 2015
                374 Posts
                Posted: November 28, 2015, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Well, I do my own lottery draws using numbered scraps of paper. I use two bags. Well, technically three because MM and PB have different bonus ball amounts. One for white balls and the other for the bonus balls. I put stars on "70-75"; that way I didn't have do another set of scraps of paper for PB. I just pick out those numbers to do PB draws. I pretty much just simulate a lottery draw buy shaking up the bags and picking a number each time. I don't see how you can get more random than that. It's pretty much just like a lottery draw.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: November 29, 2015, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Proper use of the I Ching will not only give you numbers from 1 - 64 but tell you if any particular draw is worth playing or not.

These numbers portend a fair chance in tonight's' drawing

Lep

Or something like this:

Lotto Number Picker Keyring

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5604 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2015, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

If I'm not just buying QP's, then I usually use LP's RNG. I can keep running sets of numbers until I see a set I like or that's in the parameters that I want.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: November 29, 2015, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Id say , start with the winning numbers and depending how much you can afford, work  your way from there.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4108 Posts
                        Posted: November 29, 2015, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

In Sept of 2015...

A Florida man who won a $10 million lottery jackpot claims the lucky numbers came from a fortune cookie.

Richard Davis, 66, of Boca Raton, said he only occasionally plays the lottery, using the same five sets of numbers -- one for each time he visited the eatery -- that came from fortune cookies he received from a North Carolina restaurant, he told the Florida Lottery

Out of the five tickets he bought recently, he learned one was the winner of the Florida Lotto game jackpot at a Publix grocery store in Boca Raton from the drawing held on Aug. 22. Those fortunate numbers were: 26, 39, 16, 29, 46 and 45.

Give it a shot Trucker.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                          Member #154519
                          April 19, 2014
                          243 Posts
                          Posted: November 29, 2015, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

You could draw numbers from a bingo cage

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #77167
                            July 15, 2009
                            556 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2015, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Well, I do my own lottery draws using numbered scraps of paper. I use two bags. Well, technically three because MM and PB have different bonus ball amounts. One for white balls and the other for the bonus balls. I put stars on "70-75"; that way I didn't have do another set of scraps of paper for PB. I just pick out those numbers to do PB draws. I pretty much just simulate a lottery draw buy shaking up the bags and picking a number each time. I don't see how you can get more random than that. It's pretty much just like a lottery draw.

Great idea-they are random numbers Smile

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

United States
                              Member #35335
                              March 16, 2006
                              116 Posts
                              Posted: December 1, 2015, 8:37 am - IP Logged

There is no best way, but there are worse ways.