Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the best of way of picking numbers?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 1 year ago by myturn.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

What's the best of way of picking numbers?

Special dates [ 2 ]  [3.33%]
Lottery terminal quick picks [ 8 ]  [13.33%]
Online RNGs [ 2 ]  [3.33%]
Pure Randomness [ 10 ]  [16.67%]
Lottery research [ 27 ]  [45.00%]
Doesn't matter [ 6 ]  [10.00%]
Doesn't matter because you're not going to win [ 5 ]  [8.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 60 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
Texas
United States
Member #150797
December 31, 2013
822 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2015, 7:24 am - IP Logged

"I don't know what cold numbers are."

Cold number for 5/75 MB (or 5/69 PB) would be a number that hasn't been drawn in 60 draws.

For 5/47 SLP, a cold number would be one that hasn't dropped in 40 draws.

Incidentally, the sequence of 51-53-56 came up a few draws agos (10/30).  Not saying it couldn't happen that closely again, but sort of a good argument for not using QPs.  A close grouping like that could happen again, but would move elsewhere in the matrix.

I don't think you need to be so arbitrary with your definitions of "hot" and "cold".  Just count up how many times each number has hit over some number of draws.  I could be 20, 30, 50, 100, etc.

You will notice that some of the numbers have hit a whole bunch of times, and some have hit only once or twice or even zero times.  The first bunch are "hot" or "hot and hitting" as the late, great Gail Howard used to say.  The ones at the bottom are "cold".  Some people go farther and define the in-between group as "warm". 

I would want to have a few of the "hot" group in my combos along with some of the "warm" numbers.  Most of the time I just ignore the "cold" ones.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Kola's avatar - image
    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
    Member #28945
    December 25, 2005
    1532 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2015, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Hello travelintrucker,

I think the best way of picking numbers is the one that resonates with you the best. All the ways that one can pick numbers are all valid. One can use stats, birthdays, physics, intuition, high math, dreams, rocket science, astrology, alphabetical substitution, RNG's, the bible, the cracks under my shoe, simple arithmetic and etcetera. They all can work to varying degrees, for I believe they all share some basic foundational principles. Some of these ways may seem harder than others, because each has its own unique logic, "language", or way of communicating. Learning that "language" inside and out can be a huge learning curve, but I believe it can be done. Once the "language" is learned, a set of rules can then be developed into an organized and reliable system that can be as simple or as complex as your mind directs you to make it be.

I think it's best to practice prediction with the smaller games. As one improves, the lessons learned can then be applied to the larger games, especially if one believes that all these games share some common principles.

Good luck!

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
      Member #106923
      February 27, 2011
      479 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2015, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

It's very hard to win. I don't really play that much.

You are right, it is obviously very hard to win, else most of us here on LP would have already won.  There is one thing I am curious about, and there could be many logical answers, but why does someone who doesn't "play that much" visit a lottery forums board?  Again, just curious.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
        LAS VEGAS
        United States
        Member #47729
        November 22, 2006
        4590 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2015, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

You are right, it is obviously very hard to win, else most of us here on LP would have already won.  There is one thing I am curious about, and there could be many logical answers, but why does someone who doesn't "play that much" visit a lottery forums board?  Again, just curious.

Good question Jim,

Perhaps players desperately trying to solve the ancient riddle of the Golden Fleece (of lottery)....only to be Fleeced themselves.Wink

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Eddessa_Knight Sun Smiley

JAP69's avatar - alas
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #6
          November 4, 2001
          8797 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2015, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

This is an old lottery post method.

Paint the numbers on ping pong balls and put them in a spin chamber with a drop out tube.

Oo'Ka

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19901 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2015, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

"why does someone who doesn't "play that much" visit a lottery forums board?"

Players who only play occasionally probably want to know as much about winning lotteries as those who play more often.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2015, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

"why does someone who doesn't "play that much" visit a lottery forums board?"

Players who only play occasionally probably want to know as much about winning lotteries as those who play more often.

I bought my first wheeling book to play Ohio Lotto 6/44 that paid nothing for matching 3 numbers so I used "4 if" abbreviated wheels. A full 10 number wheel had 210 lines and a 4 if 6 of 13 number wheel has 10 lines. Not playing "that much" might mean a small amount wagered on every drawing or they don't play very often.

"Players who only play occasionally probably want to know as much about winning lotteries as those who play more often. "

The "rookie" starting this thread believes there is a "best way of picking numbers" and asks what it is maybe causing players that don't play very often to think there is a "best way".  Considering there are 4 large national jackpots drawings each week with a minimum wager of $6, players can only include 10 of 75 numbers in either game. Maybe they should be asking what is the best way to pick numbers on a limited budget.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2015, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

I bought my first wheeling book to play Ohio Lotto 6/44 that paid nothing for matching 3 numbers so I used "4 if" abbreviated wheels. A full 10 number wheel had 210 lines and a 4 if 6 of 13 number wheel has 10 lines. Not playing "that much" might mean a small amount wagered on every drawing or they don't play very often.

"Players who only play occasionally probably want to know as much about winning lotteries as those who play more often. "

The "rookie" starting this thread believes there is a "best way of picking numbers" and asks what it is maybe causing players that don't play very often to think there is a "best way".  Considering there are 4 large national jackpots drawings each week with a minimum wager of $6, players can only include 10 of 75 numbers in either game. Maybe they should be asking what is the best way to pick numbers on a limited budget.

"I bought my first wheeling book to play Ohio Lotto 6/44 that paid nothing for matching 3 numbers"

I never remember Ohio lotteries having that bad of a payout but that was when you could play two boards for a dollar. That's a big difference from the payouts of their latest game "Lucky for Life" which cost $2 per board.

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2015, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Here's another way:

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/186103

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                    Member #165244
                    March 30, 2015
                    229 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2015, 6:36 am - IP Logged

Not playing that much could also mean playing within your means...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5762 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:19 am - IP Logged

I've got pennies that I numbered several years ago, but I haven't used them for quite a while. Just been buying QP's. So, For MM, PB, and Lotto, I decided to try them again. Played 25 numbers on 5 lines for MM last night, and didn't have a single number that was drawn except for the megaball, which I picked from the top ten.

LOL. I know 25 numbers is only a third of the matrix, but dang.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19901 Posts
                        Posted: December 19, 2015, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I've got pennies that I numbered several years ago, but I haven't used them for quite a while. Just been buying QP's. So, For MM, PB, and Lotto, I decided to try them again. Played 25 numbers on 5 lines for MM last night, and didn't have a single number that was drawn except for the megaball, which I picked from the top ten.

LOL. I know 25 numbers is only a third of the matrix, but dang.

Your odds of matching one was 1:4. Wink

Evil Looking       

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                          LAS VEGAS
                          United States
                          Member #47729
                          November 22, 2006
                          4590 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Our Coin Toss, WELL DONE!

Christmas Wishes do come true... Noel

Eddessa_Knight Sun Smiley

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10392 Posts
                            Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

May yours come true too Edessa_Knight.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #150797
                              December 31, 2013
                              822 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2015, 7:47 am - IP Logged

You could use a Tarot deck for the big lotteries --78 Cards, plus cool art work on many decks! Hippy

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein