Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the best of way of picking numbers?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 12 months ago by myturn.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

What's the best of way of picking numbers?

Special dates [ 2 ]  [3.33%]
Lottery terminal quick picks [ 8 ]  [13.33%]
Online RNGs [ 2 ]  [3.33%]
Pure Randomness [ 10 ]  [16.67%]
Lottery research [ 27 ]  [45.00%]
Doesn't matter [ 6 ]  [10.00%]
Doesn't matter because you're not going to win [ 5 ]  [8.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 60 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
Member #51269
April 3, 2007
529 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2015, 2:55 am - IP Logged

If I could do that, I'd be off spending $$$ wads of cash.  LOL 

There are QP generators on the internet that are free, will do what you're saying, and will also allow you to define 'rejections' (cold numbers).

All I'm doing is looking at past results.  All JP games follow the same order of randomness.  Spit out past results (say 100 draws) for ANY JP game and you'll see the same applies to ALL of them. 

You can even see trends across different JP games.  Example: Many times the same numbers (sometimes more than one) come up between MB, PB and CA's SLP (this includes MB/PB matches).

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why haven't you used one of those generators to do it?  In fact, I'll do you one better.  Give me some set of white balls right now for the MEGA (5 white, one Mega; 1-75 numbers), and then I'll randomize the balance with my program.  I'll post the lines here and we can watch what happens.  You're using that set as Power Numbers, correct?  So if the set is 7, 10, 13, every line will begin with those numbers.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
    Greenville, SC
    United States
    Member #169870
    November 4, 2015
    374 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2015, 7:55 am - IP Logged

Lottery extreme.com has an RNG (multiple lotteries). It allows you to add or ignore certain numbers in the picks. You could try that.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

United States
      Member #169365
      October 13, 2015
      135 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2015, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why haven't you used one of those generators to do it?  In fact, I'll do you one better.  Give me some set of white balls right now for the MEGA (5 white, one Mega; 1-75 numbers), and then I'll randomize the balance with my program.  I'll post the lines here and we can watch what happens.  You're using that set as Power Numbers, correct?  So if the set is 7, 10, 13, every line will begin with those numbers.

Sounds like you're asking why I haven't hit a JP yet, which is a very good question.  I've left no stone unturned in selecting numbers.

I don't really follow what you're saying.  Even if you lock in a set of numbers, the balance of randomly generated numbers could be lower (or in between) so the lines don't necessarily have to all start the same.

I've hit 3/5 a bunch of times.  Usually have at least 1 number on a ticket if I play 5 lines/ea.  If I play 30 lines per draw, I'll hit the occasional 1+1 or 2+1.  The trick is to try to pool those hits together to form a 5+1.  At this point, I'd be content with a 5+0, so the PB/MB selection is more of an afterthought, but can't be ignored completely.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
        Member #93164
        June 23, 2010
        1325 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2015, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

It's very hard to win. I don't really play that much.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2015, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

It's very hard to win. I don't really play that much.

Are you really surprised it's hard to win when you don't play? Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
            JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1409 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2015, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

My bank account is smiling because of self picks. People always tell me that quick pick is the way to go. Every time I hear that, I take a peek at my bank account and I giggle like a little kid thinking, this is so sweet.  Wink

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
              Member #51269
              April 3, 2007
              529 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2015, 1:54 am - IP Logged

My bank account is smiling because of self picks. People always tell me that quick pick is the way to go. Every time I hear that, I take a peek at my bank account and I giggle like a little kid thinking, this is so sweet.  Wink

I don't see you on the predictions board.

United States
                Member #51269
                April 3, 2007
                529 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2015, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Sounds like you're asking why I haven't hit a JP yet, which is a very good question.  I've left no stone unturned in selecting numbers.

I don't really follow what you're saying.  Even if you lock in a set of numbers, the balance of randomly generated numbers could be lower (or in between) so the lines don't necessarily have to all start the same.

I've hit 3/5 a bunch of times.  Usually have at least 1 number on a ticket if I play 5 lines/ea.  If I play 30 lines per draw, I'll hit the occasional 1+1 or 2+1.  The trick is to try to pool those hits together to form a 5+1.  At this point, I'd be content with a 5+0, so the PB/MB selection is more of an afterthought, but can't be ignored completely.

I've hit 4/5 over 44 times, and I still can't lock down a jackpot.  That's what you're up against.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                  JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                  Member #141034
                  April 2, 2013
                  1409 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2015, 6:07 am - IP Logged

I don't see you on the predictions board.

As a PLATINUM member, there are a lot of goodies available for me on this site to use. Predictions board is not one of them yet.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #77167
                    July 15, 2009
                    556 Posts
                    Posted: December 6, 2015, 7:28 am - IP Logged

I've tried it on all 3 JP games in CA and the slips get rejected.  Don't let on to your lottery or they might get wiser.  LOL

I think it's a great way to narrow the odds and wish CA Lottery allowed it.  You still have to have a crap load of luck to guess the repeats, but its definitely better than playing completely random QPs.  Out of curiosity, I wonder if the remaining numbers they QP'ed for you were 'cold'.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if the remaining numbers they QP'ed for you were 'cold'.

I don't know what cold numbers are.

I picked 9 and 51 (white balls) qp

ticket gave me 9-29-51-53-55 MB 9

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

United States
                      Member #51269
                      April 3, 2007
                      529 Posts
                      Posted: December 6, 2015, 10:52 am - IP Logged

As a PLATINUM member, there are a lot of goodies available for me on this site to use. Predictions board is not one of them yet.

A demonstration, please.  The Take 5, tonight.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                        Green Bay
                        United States
                        Member #169391
                        October 15, 2015
                        1248 Posts
                        Posted: December 6, 2015, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Whats the best way of picking numbers?  LOL!  I'll tell you when I win.

Never give up.  Banana

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                          Member #165541
                          April 12, 2015
                          545 Posts
                          Posted: December 6, 2015, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Are you really surprised it's hard to win when you don't play? Wink

So because I sleep, I have nothing to offer.  Meanwhile you are wide awake, and this is the best you can offer?

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                            Member #169277
                            October 10, 2015
                            630 Posts
                            Posted: December 6, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

The only prediction board I know about, I was able to use right from the beginning as a new, regular status forum user. Is there another one?

United States
                              Member #169365
                              October 13, 2015
                              135 Posts
                              Posted: December 7, 2015, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Out of curiosity, I wonder if the remaining numbers they QP'ed for you were 'cold'.

I don't know what cold numbers are.

I picked 9 and 51 (white balls) qp

ticket gave me 9-29-51-53-55 MB 9

"I don't know what cold numbers are."

Cold number for 5/75 MB (or 5/69 PB) would be a number that hasn't been drawn in 60 draws.

For 5/47 SLP, a cold number would be one that hasn't dropped in 40 draws.

Incidentally, the sequence of 51-53-56 came up a few draws agos (10/30).  Not saying it couldn't happen that closely again, but sort of a good argument for not using QPs.  A close grouping like that could happen again, but would move elsewhere in the matrix.