Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

After your big win, would you...??

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Grovel.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would you go on "Lottery Changed My Life?"

Yes [ 2 ]  [3.57%]
No [ 51 ]  [91.07%]
Undecided [ 3 ]  [5.36%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1520 Posts
Posted: December 12, 2015, 3:31 am - IP Logged

Every time the episode that features you re-airs you can expect more mail, calls, email. Family, friends, and strangers will bother you again.

Even if you do not go on "LCML" you will be a target. Your favorite two-letter word will be "NO".Cheers

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40499 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2015, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Every time the episode that features you re-airs you can expect more mail, calls, email. Family, friends, and strangers will bother you again.

Even if you do not go on "LCML" you will be a target. Your favorite two-letter word will be "NO".Cheers

Well said, Best to lay low.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
      Republic of Texas
      United States
      Member #57557
      January 9, 2008
      1095 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2015, 9:48 am - IP Logged

I agree. It makes as much sense as those people who've won and have then publicly claimed that winning was a curse, but who then still buy tickets. 

On the one hand, I can't stand those who say they've had to move or hire security because they are in fear for their lives, but then do everything they can to keep themselves in the limelight. On the other hand, I'm glad they love the attention that much because it allows us to learn from their mistakes.

When I win, I'd probably do a blog under an assumed name. I won't disclose where I reside or anything that would be identifiable, but I would like to put information out there re each step I took and advice I received. Tell candidly about the good and the bad and answer questions for others.

I always thought that is what I would do, too, Teddi. I'd do a blog for LP outlining all experience from finding out I won to what I do in the first year or so with the winnings.. the good, the bad, and the ugly - not to mention the beautiful.

BUT, I think I'd send the blog post to Todd to create an account and post so the techies here could not trace me through IP or some such techie thingie. Then I'd continue to post as me, piaceri, and ooo and awww over the blog posts. 

Green laugh

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2015, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Well said, Best to lay low.

You've got that right, Sully. Far better to 'go to the mattresses' than to go on TLCML.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
          Member #142499
          May 13, 2013
          1183 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2015, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I always thought that is what I would do, too, Teddi. I'd do a blog for LP outlining all experience from finding out I won to what I do in the first year or so with the winnings.. the good, the bad, and the ugly - not to mention the beautiful.

BUT, I think I'd send the blog post to Todd to create an account and post so the techies here could not trace me through IP or some such techie thingie. Then I'd continue to post as me, piaceri, and ooo and awww over the blog posts. 

Green laugh

LOL. That's actually a good idea. Think Todd would go for it?

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244
            Little Rock, AR
            United States
            Member #68365
            December 19, 2008
            241 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2016, 1:56 am - IP Logged

I would love to do a phone interview with Todd, but that is about it.