Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you quit playing altogether should you win a major jackpot...

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 10 months ago by music*.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4104 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I would continue to play but only when the jackpot was high because I would not need to be an every day player anymore.-weshar75

US Flag

I hear you..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10345 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if sometimes the Lottery Fairy doesn't make a pact with certain players that goes something like this -

She'll let you win but if you ever play again not only will you never win but you'll lose all you did win.

Maybe that's what happened to some of the people on The Curse of the Lottery.

Just a thought.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40299 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Hyper I will never stop trying to conquer the pick 3.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4104 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Heck NO. This is when playing will really be a lot of fun because I'm not playing for chump change anymore.

Image result for carrying lots of money   if that be your dream...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4104 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Hyper I will never stop trying to conquer the pick 3.

Image result for conquer

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4104 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2015, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

If I win a big jackpot... "Mission Accomplished." That's the end of my lottery playing.

Image result for walking off into the sunset Says it all M.

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4104 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2015, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if sometimes the Lottery Fairy doesn't make a pact with certain players that goes something like this -

She'll let you win but if you ever play again not only will you never win but you'll lose all you did win.

Maybe that's what happened to some of the people on The Curse of the Lottery.

Just a thought.

Scared

Some would make that deal  regardless CT. Its the " thrill of the hunt". Kinda like those seasoned folks who go deep sea fishing for marlin- they battle that fish for hours, sometimes breaking ribs in the process only to bring it right up to the boat- eyeball that fish and then.....cut it loose!

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
                Oregon
                United States
                Member #168137
                August 17, 2015
                124 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2015, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I think I would still play PB occasionally, but I would probably stick to mostly scratch-its because I enjoy them so much.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                  Greenville, SC
                  United States
                  Member #169870
                  November 4, 2015
                  374 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2015, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

If you're talking $1 million, no, I wouldn't quit playing. If you're talking $5 million+, sure, I'd quit.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3962 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2015, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Ask me after the win, giving a answer now would be nothing but speculation

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #76087
                      June 18, 2009
                      859 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2015, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I would keep playing the P3 and P4. But then I wouldn't have to worry about playing box. It would be for straight hits only.

Same here.  It would be fun to play the Pick 3 without the cost concern.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1182 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2015, 1:16 am - IP Logged

If it was a huge a jackpot, I can't think of a reason I'd have to keep playing. Only reason I'm playing now is to land a big jackpot, so once I get it, to keep playing would be pointless. 

I know Jack Whitakker won another $10k, so he's kept playing even though he's  called it a curse, and Cynthia Stafford believes she'll win another major jackpot so she's kept playing. 

Playing the lottery is fun because it allows me to dream of what might be. If I have already gotten that dream, then I'll find a new one

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                          Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: December 20, 2015, 3:09 am - IP Logged

Already I'm playing so much less than I use to, so probably I will keep going with the 1draw pb/mm each game draw after my big win (lump sum) --- and I will start doing scratchers - trying to catch a 1M$ or 10M$ ticket (annuity) - just for vacation money.  Then after I have my big jackpot win and a medium scratcher win - then I will stop - and only buy tix as gifts.  Cuz at that point my focus will change. whoot!

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                            Member #169277
                            October 10, 2015
                            630 Posts
                            Posted: December 20, 2015, 10:12 am - IP Logged

I think that I would keep playing, not in a big way, but at least occasionaly.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                              Member #106923
                              February 27, 2011
                              476 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2015, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Or would you play ever so now and then just for the fun or it to keep yourself " busy" despite having enough walking around money? Or would you completely turn your back on the game with the thinking " I got mine, let someone else get theirs!"

* Have a Great Rest of the weekend folks and upcoming week as well. Stay Healthy and win something while you at it! 

I think because of losing the life changing aspect that winning a jackpot would entail, I would probably play less, but not quit altogether.  There would still be the entertainment facet to playing.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!