Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let me get this straight. The Lotter allows people from all over the globe to play USA lottos?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 12 months ago by CalifGold.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23351 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2015, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I think it's great.  The more money flowing into the games the better.  Keep those jackpots rolling! Thumbs Up

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #162631
    January 7, 2015
    537 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2015, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

One of my first discussion on LP was about the legality of U.S. residences playing a foreign online lottery that pays $900 for $1 pick-3 payoff. My point was if U.S. players were doing that it was no different than playing with a bookie where there is nobody to complain to when they don't get paid.

Those people are not purchasing state lottery tickets; they are just using betting on the same numbers. State lotto game tickets, MM, and PB tickets are purchased at the same type of retailers where we buy our tickets. The actual tickets probably never leave the state and the butler service sends email copies similar to what lotto pools do.

The tickets are probably purchased in states where the rules favor doing that. I really doubt they buy tickets in Iowa.

Stack47,

Forgive my slowness.

I'm really not sure I follow you.
    Your 2nd sentence in your first paragraph causes my brain to grow stretch marks.
    (I had to re-read it more times than I cared to.)

Your next 2 paragraphs TOTALLY have me lost.

Would you mind re-phrasing your entire reply to me?

I have a feeling that I'd like to be clear on what you're saying to me.

To all responders to my post:

Please follow the above request in replying to me. Pretend I'm a 6 year old. OK?
    I'm serious. I want to understand what you all are saying to me, regarding my #1 hobby, which is lotto.  You need to type well with correct grammar and spelling. Please.

Thank You

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2015, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

You keep thinking like that- next thing we know we will have Klingon warbirds landing in various States gobbling up lottery tickets in order to win these large jackpots so they could fund their war machines to take on the Romulans for domination of the Universe. Careful G.

YES!  we should devinitely have Klingon warbirds landing and buying lottery tickets!  Romulans should not win for domination.

United States
        Member #162631
        January 7, 2015
        537 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2015, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I think it's great.  The more money flowing into the games the better.  Keep those jackpots rolling! Thumbs Up

No doubt, but do you think the jackpots are ever going to get 'that high', when players are not even tracked for which group they belong?

The 1st Group = Roughly 350 million players? (I'm talking about the U.S.A., alone.)
        The 2nd Group = Roughly 7.3 billion players?  (I'm talking about the whole world.)

I have been playing lotto a long time, since last century, believing that I was playing in a group 1 lotto.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23351 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2015, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

No doubt, but do you think the jackpots are ever going to get 'that high', when players are not even tracked for which group they belong?

The 1st Group = Roughly 350 million players? (I'm talking about the U.S.A., alone.)
          The 2nd Group = Roughly 7.3 billion players?  (I'm talking about the whole world.)

I have been playing lotto a long time, since last century, believing that I was playing in a group 1 lotto.

Who cares?  The only groups I see are

1. People who play lotto
          2. People who don't

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3502 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2015, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

"my #1 hobby"

How do you manage to not know so much about your #1 hobby?

Do you have any idea at all about the odds? How many tickets would have to be sold to produce 20 winners, let alone 2000? Do you think that a ticket bought by somebody who's not from the US has a better chance of winning than one bought by somebody who is from the US? Do you have any idea how difficult it would be for anybody, whether it's some poor country or anyone else, to buy enough tickets to have even a 50% chance of winning?

United States
              Member #162631
              January 7, 2015
              537 Posts
              Posted: December 24, 2015, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

"my #1 hobby"

How do you manage to not know so much about your #1 hobby?

Do you have any idea at all about the odds? How many tickets would have to be sold to produce 20 winners, let alone 2000? Do you think that a ticket bought by somebody who's not from the US has a better chance of winning than one bought by somebody who is from the US? Do you have any idea how difficult it would be for anybody, whether it's some poor country or anyone else, to buy enough tickets to have even a 50% chance of winning?

Well, some time back, maybe a few years ago, it was said to be 175,000,000 : 1 chance of hitting it.

Is it the same now, with the matrix changes we've seen? 

Is it even close to the older odds?

That much I know.   That's what I was saying "sucks" about it AND allowing the rest of this crumbling globe to participate.  Odds are not only high, but the chance that the jackpot will split multi-ways is horribly real.

I'm not 100% about this, but it can't work the same way as a slot machine does, where you would calculate the number of spots on one of the reels, TIMES the # of reels, for that total #.  So, if a given slot machine had 3 reels, then it would be: 21 x 21 x 21, let's say, and then the odds for that slot machine would be 9261 to 1 chance of hitting something on that machine.

Whatever, anyway, I know I can't stop playing, at least while I keep my low income in tact.

Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #78507
                August 16, 2009
                7928 Posts
                Posted: December 24, 2015, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

The crazy thing is I tried to sign up with The Lotter so I could play Euromillions and I couldn't.

No U.S. players allowed. Mad

$20 STR8

United States
                  Member #162631
                  January 7, 2015
                  537 Posts
                  Posted: December 24, 2015, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

The crazy thing is I tried to sign up with The Lotter so I could play Euromillions and I couldn't.

No U.S. players allowed. Mad

Interesting.  And supportive of my "paranoia".

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    A long and winding road
                    United States
                    Member #17084
                    June 10, 2005
                    4576 Posts
                    Posted: December 24, 2015, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

so long as its a legitimate draw and the player isn't a criminal or member of a terrorist group. So that would leave out any republican claims Big Smile

seriously , they are human, have the ability, let it be. Uncle sam wins no matter what. When I win big, might just change my name to Uncle Sam. Would make for a great laugh come tax time! :)

just don't let a non native win my publishers ch win! Everyday when the doorbell chimes I am sure its them! one of these days it will be!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                      Greenville, SC
                      United States
                      Member #169870
                      November 4, 2015
                      374 Posts
                      Posted: December 24, 2015, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

That's fine, if you buy a ticket while you're in that country. I still wouldn't like it. I have more of a problem with people being able to buy tickets online for any countries lottery.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                        Member #169277
                        October 10, 2015
                        630 Posts
                        Posted: December 24, 2015, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

"I have more of a problem with people being able to buy tickets online for any countries lottery."

And I have a problem with NOT being able to buy a ticket for any state or country's game that I want to play. 

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                          Member #93164
                          June 23, 2010
                          1424 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2016, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

It's so strange that someone won a California Super Lotto Plus Jackpot worth $7 million on the last draw of 2015. The winning numbers are 3-4-6-25-26 Mega Number 22.

datamon414's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Keene, NH
                            United States
                            Member #117936
                            October 18, 2011
                            18 Posts
                            Posted: January 2, 2016, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Is it true then, that <snip> allows people from all over the world to play the lotto I've always known to be exclusive to the United States of America?

How long has this been going on?

Why is it being allowed to go on?

The odds suck as it is. 
                            I'm surprised there aren't 2350 lotto winners at a time.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

May the powers that be, allow me to add a few words to the controlled, concise, and
                            edifying response by THATSCARYGIRL, to our nationalistic, paranoid (his word) fellow
                            member GROPPO, regarding his concerns, that fellow humans residing outside the continental
                            US are allowed to play US Lotteries.
                            They are more pertinent matters that he should be concerned about, for example...
                            the possible manipulation of computerized Lottery drawings, maybe excessive US Foreign Aid
                            to foreign allies, and so on, and so forth...Take into consideration, a foreigner winning a jackpot
                            would probably be granted priority consideration to US citizenship anyway, real nice bonus.
                            Not every US citizen plays the lottery, likewise, people residing outside of the US.
                            It's hard to comprehend the source of his 'paranoia'. One could only guess.
                            It is my sincere wish that if he wins a substantial lotto prize, he will acquire a US
                            passport...there's a whole world to see that exist beyond the east and west coasts
                            of the US...surprise your senses, and balance your sensitivities.
                            KEEP CALM, AND MARK YOUR GAME CARDS.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                              Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #104962
                              January 23, 2011
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: January 2, 2016, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Countries like states don't play lotteries,people do.  When people say California or Canada won the PowerBall or Megamillions, it's all in their mind.

No kidding states, or countries don't play the lotteries.  Yes people play them.  The  MM/PB winners page says your junk claim  "it's all in their mind" is 100% bunk!

Trump 2016!