Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 3:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let me get this straight. The Lotter allows people from all over the globe to play USA lottos?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 12 months ago by CalifGold.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
xintrc's avatar - xmen 20wolverine%20xmen%20the%20last%20stand%2

United States
Member #170118
November 15, 2015
14 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2016, 10:00 am - IP Logged

So, now, I have to compete with 7.3 BILLION potentional players as opposed to 350 million people, whenever I play?

So if you and one other guy play Powerball, you have 50% chance of winning?

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    4087 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2016, 11:30 am - IP Logged

So, now, I have to compete with 7.3 BILLION potentional players as opposed to 350 million people, whenever I play?

So if you and one other guy play Powerball, you have 50% chance of winning?

No, you only have to compete with the odds.  Regardless of how many people play this never changes.

I say let them buy all the tickets they want, most just add to the JP.  Heck, isis cells are most likely buying

tickets

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #104962
      January 23, 2011
      1075 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2016, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Countries like states don't play lotteries,people do.  When people say California or Canada won the PowerBall or Megamillions, it's all in their mind.

What a face palm on that one.  Yes no kidding people win,  but the excuses some use around here to dismiss the places that people constantly win in still needs to be looked in to further.  Just because it is not RNG doesn't mean it can't be rigged, or lottery terminals can't be polled to see what number combinations have been sold or not sold.  They could be pre-drawing until they get a number that has been drawn from a certain place, but some here don't want those "unpleasant thoughts" in their heads.

Trump 2016!

United States
        Member #170889
        December 22, 2015
        29 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2016, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

What a face palm on that one.  Yes no kidding people win,  but the excuses some use around here to dismiss the places that people constantly win in still needs to be looked in to further.  Just because it is not RNG doesn't mean it can't be rigged, or lottery terminals can't be polled to see what number combinations have been sold or not sold.  They could be pre-drawing until they get a number that has been drawn from a certain place, but some here don't want those "unpleasant thoughts" in their heads.

The reason those states win more often is because there are more tickets sold in those states. So the chance of someone winning in those states is slightly increased. There is a website with a break down of ticket sales by state. If I find it i'll post it.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #104962
          January 23, 2011
          1075 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2016, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

The reason those states win more often is because there are more tickets sold in those states. So the chance of someone winning in those states is slightly increased. There is a website with a break down of ticket sales by state. If I find it i'll post it.

I have debunked their claims on why certain places or areas win more, they also have mentioned "because more tickets sold" excuse,  but some how every ticket has an equal chance of winning is claimed too which contradicts what they say.  I have tried to point out what I have mentioned many times and have gotten personally attacked on here for it.

Trump 2016!

Caucasian/White
            Canada
            Member #171700
            January 10, 2016
            1 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2016, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

So what... Americans come to our side over here in Niagara Falls or Fort Erie Canada and buy our lottery. Right now as I write this the Powerball is the biggest it has ever been and guess what, thelotter webside keeps going down because it can't handle the overload of traffic going there to buy tickets online. Nope they are not all American. The are all different walks of life from many different countries hoping to get the 3.1 billion dollars. Now I have never seen our Canadian lottery ever publish the winners from the US or any other country and the same is probably true for you guys in the US. I doubt they publish because wouldn't that piss you off if you woke up in the morning having your coffee and reading someone in Canada won your powerball? I bought a ticket by the way. Woohoo!

Deo-nonfortuna's avatar - hqdefault
              NJ
              United States
              Member #165922
              April 27, 2015
              3620 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2016, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Who cares?  The only groups I see are

1. People who play lotto
              2. People who don't

I see two groups of people too.

1. People who just want to play lotto and win.
              2. People who play lotto and indulge in useless xenophobic rants about what if a foreigner wins?
                sweetie7398's avatar - flower2
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #22702
                September 30, 2005
                3206 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2016, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

I'm trying to win.

Life, love, family Love

Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
                  Member #129822
                  June 28, 2012
                  393 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2016, 1:38 am - IP Logged

I see two groups of people too.

1. People who just want to play lotto and win.
                  2. People who play lotto and indulge in useless xenophobic rants about what if a foreigner wins?

I Agree!

Why are so many American folks anti-American ? I have respect for American folk but these people shooting down a foreigner on a different continent is beyond me. You are NOT the only continent in the world NEWS FLASH -live and let live!

Big Smile

Canada
                    Member #172267
                    January 19, 2016
                    18 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2016, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

As an American living abroad and wanting to move back to the US, I'm quite happy that non-residents can play US lotteries. Heck if I could I would move back to the US in a heartbeat if I won the lottery as it's currently too expensive for me to move right now. So come on big win! This girl just needs 20 million after taxes, haha.

California
                      United States
                      Member #172470
                      January 25, 2016
                      1 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2016, 10:08 am - IP Logged

I am in California USA and was unable to open an account with Thelotter .

I emailed and asked and they said no USA registrations are available "at this time" because of legislation and hoped that would change in the future...ugh.