Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why! is Marie Holmes wasting her money, baby I'm here, hehe

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 12 months ago by dddwww.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1701 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2016, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Marie Holmes made national headlines last February after winning a massive $188 million Powerball jackpot. After taxes, she walked away with an $88 million lump sum payment. Despite coming into a substantial amount of wealth, her boyfriend Lamarr McDow can’t seem to live his life right by the law and has been in and out of jail.

Lamarr was able to post a $3 million bond back in March (thanks to his girl, no doubt) after going to jail for heroin charges.

He was re-arrested during a raid in July for violating his pre-trial release. He posted a $6 million bond at that time.

On December 26th, Lamarr got arrested again on a misdemeanor charge of conspiring to arrange a street race. He was booked under a $12 million bond — which he posted.

His bonds are skyrocketing because the amount automatically doubles if a defendant breaks the rules of a pre-trial release, local attorneys told WECT. The non-refundable fee paid to bail bondsmen who bail out an inmate usually amounts to roughly 10% of the total bond amount.

We’re sorry, but Marie is dumb as hell and clearly doesn’t she deserve all that money. WHY would she waste it on a criminal…repeatedly?

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    Gurnee, Illinois
    United States
    Member #49731
    February 12, 2007
    919 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2016, 11:45 am - IP Logged

At this rate, she is going to be broke within 5 years. If only I could have won that jackpot, no one would have heard anything more about me after the press conference. I can only hope the jackpot keeps rolling until February as I currently cannot play the revamped Powerball.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5754 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2016, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

At this rate, she is going to be broke within 5 years. If only I could have won that jackpot, no one would have heard anything more about me after the press conference. I can only hope the jackpot keeps rolling until February as I currently cannot play the revamped Powerball.

Why can't you currently play PB?

Because of the budget issue in Illinois?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
        Member #164725
        March 12, 2015
        365 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2016, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

HotSauce is charged with possession of 8,000 bags of heroin for sale. If convicted, he's looking at serious time. If he decides to skip town, I just hope that Marie doesnt aid or abet him in any manner. Otherwise, she too will be booking a room in the Graybar Hotel.

Maryland
          United States
          Member #162434
          January 2, 2015
          939 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2016, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

5 yrs??? She will be lucky to have ANYTHING left by the end of this year.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            639 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2016, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

5 yrs??? She will be lucky to have ANYTHING left by the end of this year.

Well, she already managed not to go broke within 11 months. So maybe she can hold onto her funds a little longer.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
              Greenville, SC
              United States
              Member #169870
              November 4, 2015
              374 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2016, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

What a waste!

May the balls bounce in your favor!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                Member #142499
                May 13, 2013
                1203 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2016, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Well, she already managed not to go broke within 11 months. So maybe she can hold onto her funds a little longer.

The only reason she isn't broke already is because her take home amount was so high. All I can hope is that she's already set up trust funds for her kids so she can spend whatever she wants and they'll still be taken care of.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                  Greenville, SC
                  United States
                  Member #169870
                  November 4, 2015
                  374 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2016, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure she'll tap in to those to post bails for her next no good, loser boyfriend.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                    Member #142499
                    May 13, 2013
                    1203 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2016, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Between her boyfriend and the government she's not going to have a single thing left. 

When you're poor and stupid and suddenly become rich, it's not only the scam artists you need to watch out for, it's the judicial system. So this guy keeps violating his terms of release and they just keep setting bonds for him instead of locking him up without bond as would be the norm.

Who wants to bet me that they won't keep him without bond until she has nothing left. That's when they'll suddenly decide he needs to be remanded.

They've obviously kept him under surveillance which is more than they did for affluenza guy and he actually killed people. Bill Cosby arrested and charged with sexual assault and his bail was set at $1 million. A man with an estimated net worth of ~$400 million. Even ignoring the other 50 women who accused him, that's ridiculously low for what he's worth and what he's accused of doing. Hot sauce's bond for drug dealing? $3M. The difference is, she still has the mentality of the poor and stupid and they know it. She came into some money and feels she MUST help those who helped her before. Enough star athletes have gone broke doing the same thing not to recognize it.

She'll be another lottery cautionary tale if she doesn't snap out of her idiocy soon. 

The lottery gods really do like making winners of those who have no respect of such a gift. So much money gone because the winners are idiots.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      51064 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2016, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Such hypocrisy by all those condemning how she lives HER LIFE!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                        Member #145267
                        August 1, 2013
                        1701 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2016, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I guess the hard part is she has the money to change her life.  I wonder if she is afraid of her boyfriend?

United States
                          Member #145267
                          August 1, 2013
                          1701 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2016, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I take that back about being afraid of her boyfriend.  She has money to just  disappear.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                            Green Bay
                            United States
                            Member #169391
                            October 15, 2015
                            1277 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2016, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Money can't fix stupid.

Never give up.  Banana

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                              Happy California
                              United States
                              Member #157856
                              August 2, 2014
                              1549 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2016, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree. The lottery gods made her wealthy and are watching how she destroys herself. 

When will she start saying "NO". To herself as well.

Maybe it is her youth. No Pity!

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb