Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think that powerball has crossed the line what do you think?

Topic closed. 83 replies. Last post 11 months ago by cbr$.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1953 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm gonna win the $1.3 billion on Wednesday and I welcome the challenge that awaits that comes with being the sole winner of such a huge jackpot.

Gonna win.Big Smile

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Nope, sorry I am not scared of anyone nor will I let anyone scare me out of my chance of becoming super wealthy. Most are just over-paranoid and unless you are a total idiot like the minority winners who had issues were you will not have any problems. Especially if you are like me and live a low-key lifestyle in a great area and keep to yourself. If you let others keep you from that you are being controlled and are a puppet of the media and only focus on the negative. If you are smart you will be fine. Not as many people care as you would think, you will be forgotten by most in a few weeks. Only the hardcore lottery players on here think about all this stuff. Most casual players lose and forget it. But if you let others hold you back by your only preconceived perceptions that everyone is going to make your life miserable, and that the world is going to stop and all the sudden revolve around you because you on a lottery jackpot, well then you are better off not playing. Leave it to those of us who are prepared and know how to handle it.

PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2016, 6:44 am - IP Logged

28 second prize winners when more than 400 million tickets were played that seems to be a bad disparity and I predict that powerball will be forced to either go back to their plan before they changed it or change this format to something else but it cannot stay this way. So now 1 billion is the new million and no one is going to pay unless it gets that high. Just sounds way to greedy for me and I still think that no one is really ready to hit and win this kind of money.

"So now 1 billion is the new million and no one is going to pay unless it gets that high."

What? If no one "pays" it would never get that high lol. Maybe a lot less will play causing the jackpot to climb much slower. This could also be a fluke and it may be won more often later on. I made the koe the other day that people will be like "Nah I only play the PB when it is a Billion or more, it is now only a measly $600 million." But those people are idiots. I will take $40 plus million any day.

PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: January 12, 2016, 7:19 am - IP Logged

I believe that this could be disastrous results in the end once this jackpot is over people will get frustrated and not buy like they used to when they realize the odds and how it is almost impossible. I think back to Abraham and Whitaker 2 people that should have never won the lottery who changed so many peoples lives for the worse and one who is dead and the other who wishes he was dead. I know that most people just care about the bottom line but not everyone is built to have money. I know this first hand. I have lived it and have dictated it very well in my life. But I am the exception not the rule. It is just facts that spell out trouble if people do not know hot to handle themselves. Good luck though.

Yeah but those are the very small minority. Have you thought back to all the others who are still alive, still well, and still wealthy today with no issues? No because you were sucked in by the media and news because that is the types of stories that thrive on. The ones who never had any issues are "boring" and not newsworthy which is how they like it. The fact is that most will not have any issues unless they are REALLY stupid like those few were. I don't hear anything bad happening to the Wests who won $340 million playing PB or Gloria who won $590 million with PB. Why? Because they were not stupid and did not have problems previously like most of the winners did who lost it all. Winning the lottery only made their problems worse and you only hear about those stories as I said. No one cares about the ones who are still doing well. The majority will have no issues those bad cases were extreme and rarely happen. Nothing should be changed about the jackpot, don't like it don't play it is that simple.

Alpharetta, GA
          United States
          Member #169547
          October 23, 2015
          123 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2016, 7:37 am - IP Logged

I think that many here on LP are prepared to win and have a plan in place for when they hit it big.   I am quite happy to take the risk of winning! :)

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1182 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2016, 7:59 am - IP Logged

Yeah but those are the very small minority. Have you thought back to all the others who are still alive, still well, and still wealthy today with no issues? No because you were sucked in by the media and news because that is the types of stories that thrive on. The ones who never had any issues are "boring" and not newsworthy which is how they like it. The fact is that most will not have any issues unless they are REALLY stupid like those few were. I don't hear anything bad happening to the Wests who won $340 million playing PB or Gloria who won $590 million with PB. Why? Because they were not stupid and did not have problems previously like most of the winners did who lost it all. Winning the lottery only made their problems worse and you only hear about those stories as I said. No one cares about the ones who are still doing well. The majority will have no issues those bad cases were extreme and rarely happen. Nothing should be changed about the jackpot, don't like it don't play it is that simple.

Have to disagree with you there. I think it's an overly optimistic and simplistic view to say they had no issues. They all had issues. Even the ones who handled their wins successfully. Even Brad Duke had issues and he's one of the best ambassadors of how to handle windfalls that we have. 

You will not have no issues. The key is being prepared to handling the issues that arise. Some issues simply cannot be avoided. The state would never have tried to accuse the Morrison's had they not won. The Whites would never have lost friendships had they not won. The difference is that instead of falling into drinking or drugs or despair, they had enough emotional and mental strength to get through it and come out of the issues happy and thriving.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

United States
              Member #171275
              January 5, 2016
              105 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:43 am - IP Logged

28 second prize winners when more than 400 million tickets were played that seems to be a bad disparity and I predict that powerball will be forced to either go back to their plan before they changed it or change this format to something else but it cannot stay this way. So now 1 billion is the new million and no one is going to pay unless it gets that high. Just sounds way to greedy for me and I still think that no one is really ready to hit and win this kind of money.

rgse90 said, ".....I still think that no one is really ready to hit and win this kind of money."

I for one am very much ready to win this kind of money.  I've given it a lot of thought and research as to how I would claim it, what I would do with it, how to live with it and most importantly deal with the potential pitfalls that come with a win of this kind. I won't divulge to anyone the solutions and realizations that I have come to here on a public forum but I believe that I've invested the time and energy into making sure that I do it in a way that will be most beneficial to a positive life and positive future. 

United States
                Member #171275
                January 5, 2016
                105 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I think that many here on LP are prepared to win and have a plan in place for when they hit it big.   I am quite happy to take the risk of winning! :)

Was it lucylotto or lottolucy? lottolucy sounds correct.

New York
                  United States
                  Member #157288
                  July 14, 2014
                  170 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:53 am - IP Logged

I don't think they have crossed the line even though it's almost scary to imagine being a solo winner of a jackpot this large.

However I do think that with jackpots this big all states need to re-evaluate winner anonymity.

On the bright side it is enough money to buy/build yourself a secure compound and acquire a Knight XV armored vehicle.

WA
                    United States
                    Member #171543
                    January 9, 2016
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2016, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

It may indeed be hypocritical of me to talk about how this will negatively affect someone who is a sole winner (or even a shared winner) while also buying a (1)  ticket. Heck, I even told the big Kahuna (God) "it would be fine if You want me to be in charge of millions, just don't let me be the only winner!"  LOL So, yeah, the money sounds great, but there will be a high price that comes with it.

But honestly, unless you go though it, none of you guys talking about how well you could handle it have any idea. This may die out in awhile, but the focus of this PB is WAY higher than any before - world wide. How can you talk about how you could handle that until you go through it? It will be way way more than you can anticipate. That's not being a wus Teddi :)

Myself, I'm an even minded, stable person, but in my PB winning fantasy, I wonder if I'll be happier. And I've been living on not much for several years. Sure, so the Whites lost friends and didn't fall apart (they did have to move out of state) but are they happy as they envisioned? Highly doubt it.

Aw well, not trying to rain on anyone's dream...let's face it, the whole world is in trouble because of greed. Having hundreds of millions $$ ain't gonna solve things, but it will pay the bills...but it isn't going to give as much security as you think.

It's all about the $$, but it would be cool if PB even made the PowerPlay multiplier count towards the million second prize.....and maybe... maybe it would be cool to be one of 4 or 5 other winners of this insane PB....maybe.

WA
                      United States
                      Member #171543
                      January 9, 2016
                      24 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2016, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

...and to follow up my rambling post....have fun dreaming and think of how you could help the homeless shelters in your town with your many millions :)

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3300 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2016, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

think of it as a multiplier if you re happy now, multiply that by $1B

and if you re misserable now then also  multiply that by $1B

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2016, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Have to disagree with you there. I think it's an overly optimistic and simplistic view to say they had no issues. They all had issues. Even the ones who handled their wins successfully. Even Brad Duke had issues and he's one of the best ambassadors of how to handle windfalls that we have. 

You will not have no issues. The key is being prepared to handling the issues that arise. Some issues simply cannot be avoided. The state would never have tried to accuse the Morrison's had they not won. The Whites would never have lost friendships had they not won. The difference is that instead of falling into drinking or drugs or despair, they had enough emotional and mental strength to get through it and come out of the issues happy and thriving.

They had no bad issues like those previous few did otherwise it would have been reported also. Most of the issues were normal and also everyone is different and has different lifestyles. Not everyone will have the same problems as other have, I know I wouldn't because I keep to myself which is how I like it. So I don't see any issues at all in my case because it is just me, myself, and I and I have been well prepared on every level for a very long time. Most are not prepared and even so most of those had no major issues. You hear about the extreme cases because as I said they are what the news wants to report and most want to hear.

JBounds's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                            Missouri
                            United States
                            Member #164740
                            March 13, 2015
                            108 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

What they should do if they keep it this way is make the second prize and lower prizes higher amounts then.  1mil should be 3 or 5 mil, 100k be 500k, 50k to 200k and so on.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10350 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2016, 12:41 am - IP Logged

We're all trapped in a never aired episode of the Twilight Zone. The jackpot just keeps rolling over until no one plays and then Serling appears and tells us we're all dead, an asteroid hit the earth when the matrix changed bit no one was aware of it.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.