Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think that powerball has crossed the line what do you think?

Topic closed. 83 replies. Last post 11 months ago by cbr$.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2016, 12:52 am - IP Logged

We're all trapped in a never aired episode of the Twilight Zone. The jackpot just keeps rolling over until no one plays and then Serling appears and tells us we're all dead, an asteroid hit the earth when the matrix changed bit no one was aware of it.

Scared

how about it rolls for 100 years then everyone on the planet wins $1B ea then the asteroid hits

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:33 am - IP Logged

how about it rolls for 100 years then everyone on the planet wins $1B ea then the asteroid hits

Very good, Serling would be proud of that one!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      555 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I think there will be more than one winner.  Also don't think the winner(s) will be in danger as long as they take precautions.  People have been killed for far less because of their behavior.  You will have arrangements to make before getting the money anyway--so make plans for a trip somewhere to clear your head.  If people act weird--hire some protection.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20115 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Nope, sorry I am not scared of anyone nor will I let anyone scare me out of my chance of becoming super wealthy. Most are just over-paranoid and unless you are a total idiot like the minority winners who had issues were you will not have any problems. Especially if you are like me and live a low-key lifestyle in a great area and keep to yourself. If you let others keep you from that you are being controlled and are a puppet of the media and only focus on the negative. If you are smart you will be fine. Not as many people care as you would think, you will be forgotten by most in a few weeks. Only the hardcore lottery players on here think about all this stuff. Most casual players lose and forget it. But if you let others hold you back by your only preconceived perceptions that everyone is going to make your life miserable, and that the world is going to stop and all the sudden revolve around you because you on a lottery jackpot, well then you are better off not playing. Leave it to those of us who are prepared and know how to handle it.

Well said.

I couldn't agree more. The key is be YOURSELF, instead of being someone who has been created by others...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #77167
          July 15, 2009
          555 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:49 am - IP Logged

You forget that PB made the changes because sales were way down because.........someone was winning too often therefore jackpots were not growing high enough.

Geez dude, ya just can't have it both ways. You realize there were 28 second prize winners last night. There goes the sorry argument that there should be multiple winners of a million dollars. Don't you think they're kinda happy? I would be.

If ya don't like the way it's set up, no one is forcing you to drop a measly $2 for a chance at millions, or second prize.

I Agree! the jackpot is where it is because of ticket sales so obviously someone thinks big jackpots are a great idea.  I would like to get $1 million.  That would be great for me.

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:53 am - IP Logged

We're all trapped in a never aired episode of the Twilight Zone. The jackpot just keeps rolling over until no one plays and then Serling appears and tells us we're all dead, an asteroid hit the earth when the matrix changed bit no one was aware of it.

Scared

"We're all trapped in a never aired episode of the Twilight Zone"

I use to love watching that show when I was a kid it use to scare the heck out me Scared

I Love Pink & Green 1908

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #77167
              July 15, 2009
              555 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2016, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I knew it would take less than a day for someone to post something like this. 

First, kindly stop the nonsense of trying to dictate what people should or shouldn't have. That's not your call to make and unless you've taken a vow of poverty is insanely hypocritical. 

Second, UK players were upset that ticket prices went up and that the odds of winning decreased. Big JPs weren't the issue. 

Third, enough with the wussification of EVERYTHING. The only losers in life are the ones too afraid to take a chance. 

People have been killed for winning $50,000 - $1 million jackpots. So if you're afraid of what might happen, don't play at all. A small jackpot isn't going to keep you safe. But don't assume that a person would not be able to handle the money or attention of a big win just because you can't. 

We saw frail, elderly Gloria claim the largest single payout in history and after the first few months has managed to completely eschew the limelight. If little old Gloria can handle that much money without making negative headlines on a monthly basis, I know without a doubt that I'll be okay. I don't need people like you to try and protect me from money. I play with the hope of winning with the full understanding of ALL that entails. 

You think those who own professional teams should stop paying players those big salaries just because some people couldn't handle their wealth? I'd love for any boss of mine to tell me I can't get a raise or bonus because other people haven't been able to handle that kind of windfall. That's their problem, not mine.

"We saw frail, elderly Gloria claim the largest single payout in history and after the first few months has managed to completely eschew the limelight. If little old Gloria can handle that much money without making negative headlines on a monthly basis, I know without a doubt that I'll be okay. I don't need people like you to try and protect me from money. I play with the hope of winning with the full understanding of ALL that entails. "

I Agree!

If someone is afraid of winning a huge jackpot, just stop playing when it gets over a level you would be comfortable winning.  But they shouldn't start fear mongering to keep others from playing.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2016, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

I think that Powerball should be a pick 5 game with 100 numbers and the second set should be 2 out of 100. The combination should cost 5 USD. There should be a jackpot payout and no other price. The winner should be taxed to 99% and shot dead the first week after winning. His belongings would go to the state for 99% and none of that tax money would go to a school or nice institution. ...

Bash

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                  Cordova,Al.
                  United States
                  Member #104482
                  January 15, 2011
                  4905 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2016, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I think that lottery has now crossed a line that is not only bad but is going to hurt whoever wins this pot. We are treading on waters we never been before and this lottery is going to hurt the person(s) that win it with amounts this high. Their lives are going to be in danger, their families lives are going to be in danger, people are going to think they have rights to that money and it is just very dangerous. I hope that whoever wins it sells it to a conglomerate, like they did in Connecticut,  They sold the ticket for a fraction of the money and walked away with a set amount and their anonymity and to this day no one knows who won that jackpot. 

In the UK the people protested by not buying tickets when the jackpot got to high last month because they said it was too much money and they would rather have more winners winning less money and os they all protested by not buying tickets. But of cause that will never happen here because we do not fight for principles. I predict nothing but hell for whoever wins this jackpot and I feel for them. I really do.

There is nothing wrong with winning this money. I believe the Lottery has some back-up plan to offer if is a real threat to the winners & their families member. That negative press. The Lottery wouldn't put anyone life on the line for sales or profit. In all due respect it could be done this way for me. Without putting a target on these people back. When they call the press conference if the winner agree to it [a] let the CEO of Lottery show the winning ticket. two people hold the large check in front of the winner exposing only the top half of the person face , from the middle of the nose up. Ever time a new speaker has to come to Mick to speak the the two people help holding the check & the winner will take one step back. Therefore when all three people move together. That enough proof this time, without put a  target on their back. People at have common last name will be easy to slip a way from limelight at peace.