Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Iowa Lottery CEO Terry Rich answers your questions

Topic closed. 107 replies. Last post 10 months ago by LiveInGreenBay.

Page 8 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Westfield, MA
United States
Member #132920
September 15, 2012
51 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Yup, that's why I said it is just like another big business. Also, yes, I know it can't be perfect, but looking at the track record for computers, a little human intervention shown at the end process (when the drawings take place) would go a long ways in easing sceptical minds.

I won't get into it here but I wrote a long winded semi-rant in response to the idea of Keno being started in CT a couple years ago on here, if you can find it you will understand why I don't trust those games. I haven't played Keno in years and I hardly ever see anyone here in MA play Keno anymore, probably for the exact same reason I explained in my response way back. 

Westfield, MA
    United States
    Member #132920
    September 15, 2012
    51 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2016, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Smells of a PR campaign if you ask me. Most members here are anti-RNG, he must not have seen the petitions page. RNG for the foreseeable future in Iowa. Did I miss anything?

Sadly, I agree, although I'm glad Todd kept the door open, who knows what the future holds. Maybe Ball drawings will return despite what Mr. Rich said. I just signed the petition for that.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1239 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2016, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

We're down to the last couple questions here. Thank you for playing the lottery. We anticipate that RNGs are around to stay. We hope that by being as transparent as we have been throughout the investigation and with the proper oversight, we can gain your confidence that the games are safe. That's our responsibility and our job and it's something we take seriously.

RNG's are around to stay? .......  Any high school geek can hack a COMPUTER PROGRAM!  How in the world can you guarantee us the games are safe?  I'll take a mechanical system over a computer system any day!

Never give up.  Banana