Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Do You NOT Want To See Win a Top Lottery Jackpot Prize?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 11 months ago by LiveInGreenBay.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49699 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

P.O.T.U.S. & V.P.O.T.U.S.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
    Member #167255
    July 2, 2015
    102 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Whether you like it or not,the types of people you listed,their money is as viable as yours.

Hypothetically,if you started trimming of the kind of undesirables from playing the lottery in your world,the jackpots won't be as large.

Think about this point,there'll be lots of people with more money than sense who will no doubt be collectively spending millions to get this $1.5 billion.

They also have as much right as you to crack the big one.

That may well be but I am not talking about rights here.

Just having a little light hearted fun. In reality whoever wins has the right to spend, save, giveaway their money as they see fit. When we read that a lottery winner seems to be wasting their winnings, we know we could have put the money to better use, it is annoying. Oh well, better luck next time.

The only one on my list that would truly make my blood boil would be if a child rapist were to win because I don't think they deserve to live. Having said that I'd be okay with it if, the victims sued and ended up with the lions share of the winnings. Earlier today, I was just reading about an alleged case that supposedly happened not too long ago in one of the southern states.

deeharveyd's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
      Austin, Tx
      United States
      Member #115929
      August 31, 2011
      12 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:38 pm - IP Logged
      1. It irks me when someone wins and its the first time they ever played the lottery!
      2. People that don't have common sense. You know the ones that call a press conference to let the world know they won before the tickets claimed.
      3. People under 35 and over 80 winning. But I would lower that number to anyone under 30 and over 80.
      4. People that were in messed up relationships before they even won because the drama has just started.
      5. Any winner from California.

United States
        Member #167255
        July 2, 2015
        102 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Even an 80 year old still has dreams.

LOL Yes,I know. The only reason I said that is because the 80 year olds seem to be the ones that win the big jackpots and, I'm nowhere near 80!

Good luck!

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49699 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

That may well be but I am not talking about rights here.

Just having a little light hearted fun. In reality whoever wins has the right to spend, save, giveaway their money as they see fit. When we read that a lottery winner seems to be wasting their winnings, we know we could have put the money to better use, it is annoying. Oh well, better luck next time.

The only one on my list that would truly make my blood boil would be if a child rapist were to win because I don't think they deserve to live. Having said that I'd be okay with it if, the victims sued and ended up with the lions share of the winnings. Earlier today, I was just reading about an alleged case that supposedly happened not too long ago in one of the southern states.

I Agree! Cheers

United States
            Member #167255
            July 2, 2015
            102 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Light hearted entertainment here. At 34 you're close enough.Smile

Good luck!

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49699 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

LOL Yes,I know. The only reason I said that is because the 80 year olds seem to be the ones that win the big jackpots and, I'm nowhere near 80!

Good luck!

Just Think: You Will Be One Day!

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                Lavender Rocket

United States
                Member #124616
                March 16, 2012
                2642 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2016, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Obviously when I purchase a lottery ticket, I want to win.

Most of the time I am happy for the winner but sometimes, not so much. The following list (in no particular order), is who I'd rather not see win the top prize of a major jackpot:

1). Someone who has never played (or claims they have never played), the lottery before.

2). A child rapist.

3). A drug addict.

4). Anyone under 35 or over 80.

5). Anyone who is already a multimillionaire or, their offspring.

6). Anyone who says they plan to give it all to charity.

7). One who is smug,entitled, holier than thou (you know the type).

8). A stupid person.

9). A compulsive gambler.

If I give it more thought, I may be able to come up with another type of person that I would rather not see win a major lottery jackpot. My list is just what I came up with at the top of my head. I am generally a happy, optimistic person who tends to focus on the positive.

I got my inspiration for this post from reading a reply I read on another post.

Good Luck everyone!

Candy-Lane - what's wrong with #6?  well obviously they cant give the part that would go to taxes away - but what is wrong with someone who wants to help others with it (all or most or mostly or part or partly...)

I  think my list would be:

1.  my ex-husband
                2.  my daughter's ex-husband
                3. my ex-inlaws 
                4. (i think you are catching the theme here)
                  Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1182 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:05 pm - IP Logged
                  1. Anyone who gives a press conference the very next day. 
                  2. Anyone who has already won a significant amount (if Cynthia, Marie or Richard Lustig win I'm going to stop playing for good)
                  3. Creflo Dollar
                  4. Any politician
                  5. Any celebrity (actor/athlete/musician/'reality star')
                  6. Anyone already worth over $1 million
                  7. Anyone who doesn't have at least a HS education (don't want another Shakespeare situation)

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

United States
                    Member #170889
                    December 22, 2015
                    29 Posts
                    Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion, many(not all) younger (20 somethings)adults would blow it on partying and "life in the fast lane."

Older people who are more settled tend to be more grounded and responsible, in my opinion.

I extended it to 35 for good measure. - Time to build more character! Smile

When I was 16 I thought I was so mature and thought I knew all that I needed to know. The younger me may even have been offended by the older me stating that I am less then thrilled when a really young adult wins.

Now that I'm older and well educated, I have come to the conclusion that I actually know very little! LOL

Yea don't agree with the younger than 35 bit. Stupid comes at any age. I've met some 17 year olds more mature than some 40 year olds. Generalizations like that don't do anyone good.

Besides i'm probably among the youngest here and would definitely do more with it than most. Create numerous jobs and companies in the STEM sectors to improve our country's standing when it comes to innovation in technology, science and medicine (this would take a few decades). Start up a scholarship fund/foundation for inner city youth attending uni and/or developing advancements in any of the STEM fields. Overall I would improve the individual health and the social health of the nation. That's just with the first $70 Mill. I already know which fields I want to help stimulate.

Anyway I don't want to see Marie Holmes win and anyone not looking to benefit society/America/world in some way. Someone that doesn't have passion.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                      Pittsburg, Ks
                      United States
                      Member #3382
                      January 17, 2004
                      80792 Posts
                      Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:21 pm - IP Logged
                      1. Anyone who gives a press conference the very next day. 
                      2. Anyone who has already won a significant amount (if Cynthia, Marie or Richard Lustig win I'm going to stop playing for good)
                      3. Creflo Dollar
                      4. Any politician
                      5. Any celebrity (actor/athlete/musician/'reality star')
                      6. Anyone already worth over $1 million
                      7. Anyone who doesn't have at least a HS education (don't want another Shakespeare situation)

Crime Watch had a small story on Marie about getting her bf out of jail. Something about the next time she will be out of $21 Million

God Bless America

US Flag

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1182 Posts
                        Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Crime Watch had a small story on Marie about getting her bf out of jail. Something about the next time she will be out of $21 Million

Part of Marie's problem is that she's young and isn't equipped to handle this type of money coupled with her poor choice in men. However, as I've already said on this subject, the state is playing this up too, and rather unfairly. Affluenza mother's bail was reduced from $1 million dollars because her lawyers argued that even murderers don't get held on a million dollars. The spicy condiment's first bail amount right after Marie won? $3M. The state knows they can continue to milk Marie until nothing is left so they will.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

United States
                          Member #167255
                          July 2, 2015
                          102 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2016, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Hi maximum fun, Smile

I caught onto your no ex in-laws theme.LOL

The reason for number 6 on my list, is that if I am not the winner of a major lottery jackpot, I want the winner to be someone whose life ( lives) would be greatly improved from the lottery winnings.

I think most people plan to give to charity.

I think it would be foolish (for most people), to give the entire winnings to charity. It's not planning for the unexpected. For example, a totally fit nonsmoker with no family history of cancer could out of the blue feel a pain, and go to the doctor the next day. -Eventually diagnosed with inoperable, incurable cancer.

If you gave all your winnings to charity, how are you going to fight the cancer? The likely outcome is death within a year after diagnosis. Life extending drugs are expensive, to put it mildly. Or, say your child (God forbid), came down with an illness that required special equipment, medical care etc..

You get the idea. Do you honestly think the charity will refund your donation? Don't count on it!

Give what you want to give and to whom. Just don't give more than you can afford to give.

Lottery Jackpot winners should make sure they cover all the bases (get your house in order),before one starts giving it all away.

Lottery jackpot winners are well advised to get professional advise from an attorney, cpa, and a financial adviser, before collecting their winnings.

United States
                            Member #167255
                            July 2, 2015
                            102 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2016, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

LOL  I like your list,Teddi!

The bit you added at the end of number 2 got me laughing but, I totally agree with you.

WA
                              United States
                              Member #171543
                              January 9, 2016
                              24 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2016, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Aww, if life were only "fair" ...well, I'm sure it really is totally fair, but it wouldn't seem like it if Creflo Dollar or Donald Trump won, lol :)