Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TN Powerball Winners on the Today Show

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 1 year ago by cbr$.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
South Carolina
United States
Member #77167
July 15, 2009
569 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2016, 7:18 am - IP Logged

Why would a lawyer advise his clients to go on national tv show before turning in the ticket?  The man took the ticket out of his shirt pocket.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6305 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2016, 9:55 am - IP Logged

That's crazy why not just hold a press conference at the lottery office like most winner do No Nod hopefully he advised them to get away.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #150273
      December 18, 2013
      495 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2016, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Yeh on CNN they were showing their home on national TV!!! Something tells me these folks did not think this through....crazy!!

"Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip, conflict calms down.

Like adding charcoal to embers or wood to fire, quarrelsome people kindle strife."

Proverbs 26: 20-21

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6305 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2016, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Yeh on CNN they were showing their home on national TV!!! Something tells me these folks did not think this through....crazy!!

Crazy indeed......the crazy thing is their attorney advised them to do it No Nod

I Love Pink & Green 1908

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3857 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2016, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

This so called Lawyer is just getting publicity for himself.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2016, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

They will be fine as long as they signed the ticket. LOL I said in another post I bet the winners got no sleep looks like I was right. LOL I would be in no hurry to do interviews but I also would want to just get them over it. Was smart to do it first that way the focus will be on "who were the other two winners?" I know I would not be doing any interviews though until I got the money, and certainly not carrying around the ticket even if it was signed.

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #140684
              March 24, 2013
              566 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2016, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Here's an article on it (Daily Mail... I know.) - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3401026/I-won-t-today-watch-Today-Tennesse-couple-1-5billion-Powerball-winne.html

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                Nutley, New Jersey
                United States
                Member #131058
                August 1, 2012
                875 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2016, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

That's crazy why not just hold a press conference at the lottery office like most winner do No Nod hopefully he advised them to get away.

They didn't want to do a press conference with the Dragon Lady LOL

United States
                  Member #110594
                  May 8, 2011
                  885 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2016, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Idiots...what kind of lawyer did they hire? One who wants 15 minutes of fame. What a sharp attorney! He is sure to get his share of the pie. Unbelievable. The threat to the security of this couple before the ticket has even been authorized is unreal. People are murdered for $100. What would someone do for $500,000,000?  Unbelievable. They should have taken time and created an LLC and claimed it that way. They have plenty of time to get things set up and still remain anonymous until the time comes.He keeps the ticket in his front shirt pocket with the one bullet he has for his gun like Barney Fife!  Can you imagine the scammers, so-called, friends etc waiting on them when they get home? "Return to work on Monday." Are you serious? For both good and bad reasons, your life is changed. Send the attorney you hired out for a long walk on a short pier and head straight for your local "very substantial" wealth management office. There you will find legal help, financial and tax advice, private banking and trust services.

If you really hold that ticket, you have already exposed yourself to unnecessary risk and harassment. Since there are only 3000 people in your town. You could give them each 100k and shut everyone up.Smash You will be the bank in your town.lol  Btw...I'm your long lost Uncle Pete who needs cash asap.LOL

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                    Green Bay
                    United States
                    Member #169391
                    October 15, 2015
                    1279 Posts
                    Posted: January 15, 2016, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I'd get rid of that slip-and-fall lawyer ASAP!

Never give up.  Banana

United States
                      Member #106134
                      February 13, 2011
                      806 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2016, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Idiots...what kind of lawyer did they hire? One who wants 15 minutes of fame. What a sharp attorney! He is sure to get his share of the pie. Unbelievable. The threat to the security of this couple before the ticket has even been authorized is unreal. People are murdered for $100. What would someone do for $500,000,000?  Unbelievable. They should have taken time and created an LLC and claimed it that way. They have plenty of time to get things set up and still remain anonymous until the time comes.He keeps the ticket in his front shirt pocket with the one bullet he has for his gun like Barney Fife!  Can you imagine the scammers, so-called, friends etc waiting on them when they get home? "Return to work on Monday." Are you serious? For both good and bad reasons, your life is changed. Send the attorney you hired out for a long walk on a short pier and head straight for your local "very substantial" wealth management office. There you will find legal help, financial and tax advice, private banking and trust services.

If you really hold that ticket, you have already exposed yourself to unnecessary risk and harassment. Since there are only 3000 people in your town. You could give them each 100k and shut everyone up.Smash You will be the bank in your town.lol  Btw...I'm your long lost Uncle Pete who needs cash asap.LOL

Yep, I think this winner wants to become just like the Kardashians and be a massive media attention sponge.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #129225
                        June 13, 2012
                        546 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2016, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

It is official they just held their press conference at the Lottery Headquarters in Nashville.  Congratulations to John and Lisa Robinson!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2016, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

I doubt they are going to get murdered just because they won the lottery. As I said before those are in the minority, and many of them got murdered because they were living shady lifestyles before they won and was more so based on "behavior" not just because they won the lottery. But they wanted to get the media over with so now the focus is on the others.

Here is a screen shot I got of the wining ticket.

http://www.today.com/news/powerball-winners-tennessee-couple-claims-they-won-jackpot-today-show-t67276

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                            Green Bay
                            United States
                            Member #169391
                            October 15, 2015
                            1279 Posts
                            Posted: January 15, 2016, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Be nice if LP can get an interview with that couple.  I'd like to know how many tickets they bought and if they were QP.  Seems like a down to earth couple.  Happy for them.

Never give up.  Banana

Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #162434
                              January 2, 2015
                              941 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Ok, let me get this straight.  There ATTORNEY said THEY need to control the press conference so best to go to the media before going to the lottery to claim it?????

WOW - BEYOND STUPID!

Just watched the Today Show interview, seem like really nice people.  Hoping for the best for them.